Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(1510) Asa and Josephine

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

"Of course, your Grace. If you'll pardon me, I shall go issue my challenge. I'll be sure to inform Seneschal Harding of the date and witnesses and discuss any other aspects which must be addressed," Josephine replied before turning to go find her prey...

Josephine returns to the main thread...

s
    sumthingpositiv

No sooner does Josephine leave to issue her challenge, does Katya turn in to Asa, speaking in a quiet tone as she bows her head again. "Your Grace, of the locations that come to mind, the most ideal setting I can think of to host this in terms of security is the Asylum. Not only can it be barred off as a "private event for VIPs only" if someone should lose control in the fight, covering that up to uphold the Masquerade would be easier as opposed to some other location. " after all, not too long ago they had hosted a torpor body and an eventual dead thrall in the Green room.

"Still, I would never suggest it without your permission. If you disagree, I can try to think of another location."

As she asks this, she hears Josephine make her proclamation and looks to see whether Marco will accept the challenge.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's eyes follow Josephine as well, waiting a few moments as words are exchanged and Kindred begin to be drawn into the newly created singularity.

"The Asylum has served well in that capacity before, and I assume it can do so again,"
    Asa answered. He turned back to Katya, settling the weight of his unblinking gaze upon her.

"As long as timely and proper preparations are made."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Nodding, Katya says "Understandable your Grace. I'll be sure to make that clear to Priscus Sterling and Mr. Fernandez."

she hears Marco utter her name and express his attempt at apologizing, she half listens while also keeping her attention towards his Grace out of respect. She had another idea in mind for Marco to earn her forgiveness, perhaps if he did win she could still see it come to fruition.

once she sees Josephine and Marco speak in private, Katya decides that it would be best for her to discuss logistics now before they decide on a date. She turns back to Asa and says "I think I might give them a moment before checking to see what their tentative date might be. Before i do, was there anything else you wished to discuss?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Seneschal Harding."

The words came soft, and drawn out. Intimate, even, but not the intimacy of a lover's vocal caress -- closer to the intimacy between predator and prey.

"I'm making it clear to you what my expectations are."
    Eyes drifted around the Court decorations before returning to Katya's own eyes. Maybe he was being too subtle again. Or maybe it was because she was a Gangrel. Either way, he could only conclude that she needed a hint about the message he was trying to convey without embarrassing her publicly.

"Do you understand?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Her eyes follow his and at first she isn't sure why the change in tone or the emphasis on why he felt it important to re-iterate his expectations to her. She didn't quite see anything different in how the room was set up until she noticed the pattern. While on the surface, Court seemed fine in terms of aesthetics, there were parts that seemed missing, or rather, incomplete. In shifting her perspective to look at the overall room of Court, she did notice that it was in a sense, rushed to be put together, not at all given the care and time she would have expected a Keeper to put into setting up the Formal Court.

With a sigh she lowers her head for just a moment and then nods as she looks back to him. "Yes your Grace I do. I'm only sorry that you've had to make this clear a second time and that they were not met this evening, especially with the amount of time that was given to prepare." her rushed selection had been proving to be problematic over the past month and it was starting to affect her, nevertheless it was her burden and she would have to handle it at a later time "I will make sure that preparation for future events will not be neglected."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Excellent. I'm sure that will be the case."

Asa offered a small smile like an olive branch. And, hopefully, his statement wouldn't be proven false. He'd like to think that they had similar... proclivities... toward expectations, and having them met.

"Speaking of the Monomacy,"
    he continued smoothly forward, "I've offered Josephine the mantle of Reeve. I'll be terribly disappointed if I have to find another one so soon."

Eyebrows rose and fell in a facial shrug.

He was a little disappointed that his cousin has pressed her suit after their conversation, but the conviction and focus came as little surprise from a Spear.

s
    sumthingpositiv

His smile sets her at ease, although she knows carelessness will only bring back his displeasure and with it, the unknown consequences of failing to properly represent his will.

Before she can think anymore on that, he drops some unexpected but pleasant news. "Oh?" she says turning briefly to look at Josephine, surprised that she's already moved away from Marco and to another group of kindred, one of which Katya knows to be quite close to the newly appointed Reeve. "I think her conviction be a good fit for carrying out the Reeve's duties. Hopefully that conviction will be good for at least most of the year?" she asks, half being hopeful and supportive of his choice and the other half representing her own question of how long it will be before they need to find another. Then again, depending on the outcome of the Monomacy, I might be drastically off on calculation."" she didn't know Marco's combative prowess or Josephine's. All she knew were that Josephine had survived a sewer battle with the ghoul of a former Prince and Marco had been forced to flee at the hands of a Dominated ghoul belonging to Konrad.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is curious, the transient status of so many... immortals."

Asa left his eyes on Josephine, watching. She'd been in the Domain over a year now, and it really wasn't that curious. Most of the Kindred who came to Sacramento did so on the rumors of the Lost Nights -- a brave new world where fortunes could be made. Most likely, those same Kindred had failed elsewhere.

Those who would leave to find success once when stymied, would likely do so again.

"Do you remember what you asked me about the former Seneschals?"
    Asa asked with a small smile. Maybe she'd been in the Domain long enough to understand, now. A hand brushed across air, dismissing the question as rhetorical.

"I won't take up any more of your time, Seneschal. Have a good evening."

11. Likes Cayce liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya returns the grin at his question meant to remind her of the question she posed, returning the prompt with a nod, a tacit acknowledgment of her understanding the change in perspective.

Once he dismisses her she bows once more and says "You as well your Grace. If you should need to speak with me again feel free to ask."

Katya leaves to join the main thread

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread