Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1510) Asa and Josephine

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

PRE

"Thank you, your Grace," Josephine said, nodding briefly to the Prince before turning dead black eyes upon the Seneschal.

"One of the residents of the Domain, Marco Fernandez has grievously insulted myself and my faith. In public conversation, he has compared my faith to the worship of a flying spaghetti monster," Josephine reported, venom dripping over the syllables of that most hated insult before fading, "and has since then has literally smiled and laughed in my face over the sins which he has committed. Of course, what is most insulting about this is that before all of this he partook of Communion during Mass, thus declaring his faith not just to anyone the domain, but rather to the Almighty themselves. His subsequent insults, however, have proven the hollowness of his participation in that sacred ritual, participation no doubt performed to suit his one trivial purposes. Regardless, by doing so, they have severely mocked not just my faith, but the ultimate value of any Faith.

"Now," Josephine continued, a pale hand briefly rising to forestall comment, "before I continue, I wish to say that I am under no illusions as to whether we share similar beliefs, but the fact of the matter is that we do believe, and more so, we see the sanctity and value of those beliefs. Marco Fernandez has shown that he will willfully profane, mock, and otherwise joke about any religion, and beyond, any covenant that is not his own. In fact, his mockery has not stopped there. He insulted you, in fact, Seneschal Harding, comparing your standing in the domain to that of even a recently acknowledged resident of the Domain. His derision knows no bounds and thus I ask you, Seneschal, to grant me the right to challenge Marco Fernandez to Monomacy so that all might learn the value of respect, and what happens to those who do not show it."

2. Likes West liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

With hands clasped in front of her, she turns to Josephine and hears her request. An eyebrow raises at Marco's offenses made towards the Second Estate, knowing all too well the use of humor on religion and in a more likely scenario, such a description would have been used to mock the Circle. That was one thing, but now he also took part in a ceremony and it seemed like he did not give much thought to the significance. If it were on the Farm, she would want a Seneschal to grant her the same empathy in understanding her outrage at someone who mocked the Dark Mother.

She gives Martha a polite bow and says "Well first of all, I am sorry to hear that he was so disrespectful to the Lancea Sanctum, Priscus. Your are correct in pointing out how his actions are important for all kindred of Faith. Letting him continue to live out his requiem without a fitting punishment sets a bad precedent for other kindred who do not believe. I had been suspicious of that silver tongue of his, I just hadn't realized it had been that busy." her eyes shift to Asa "I was aware of his insult to me and thus, an insult towards His Grace as well. I was going to address that with him this evening but given what you've shared, his behavior is a growing concern." her eyes dart over to Priscus Cordoba, a man who tried so hard to be on top of his family and their behavior, such an announcement might be met with unwelcome shock if he wasn't at least given a heads up.

She looks back to Josephine and asks "Before I give you my answer, has Priscus Cordoba been informed of his cousins' actions also?? "

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

It probably wasn't the time to ask if the Flying Spaghetti Monster's devout would be similarly, mortally, offended by a comparison of their faith to the Lancea et Sanctum.

Pasta la vista, baby.

No, it really wasn't funny -- and for the reasons that #Josephine had much more eloquently outlined to the #Seneschal than to him. Maybe she liked her... outfit... as well. If that were the case, then both would probably forgive the way his eyes drifted away and refocused. The sight of his actual 'mere thug' brought a smile to his lip that he didn't bother to hide.

She'd probably be delighted at being described as such.

Asa turned to Josephine to complete the answer, his undead eyes both offended and protesting at the change in scenery.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post

PRE

"The Distinguished Priscus Cordoba has given me his blessing," Josephine replied smoothly, "so do not fear offending him."

As for the Deava Whip, well...Josephine knew that Vivian held no love for Fernandez, but she really should have mentioned her plans to her Coterie mate. An unfortunate oversight, but one whose damange could be repaired in time. Certainly, mentioning it here would do nothing to help ensure a positive outcome to that eventual conversation.

s
    sumthingpositiv

With a pleased grin she nods to Josephine and says "Then I wish you the best of luck Priscus in your challenge." she looks to the crowd and sees Marco arrive, along with Twist whom she returns a bow to before looking back to Josephine. "It seems he's arrived just in time. Shall we call him over or would you like to speak to him privately?"

Katya's visual memory continues to stay within her thoughts and she recalls seeing someone she had not recognized talking to Martha. Upon noticing her, Katya's eyes roll in the back of her head and her fist clenches, thoughts on Monomacy stay within her mind as she fantasizes about clawing at the pretty woman's face as punishment for showing it in this domain tonight, that is until she blinks and refocuses her attention on Josephine.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's eyes remained on Josephine, studying her.

It was, as she said, of value to measuring her potential as Reeve. Not in the sense that she thought -- of demonstrating martial prowess -- but in judging whether or not she'd picked a fight that she could win.

There were few enough Ventrue in Sacramento without one getting themselves ashed.

"It seems you have your permission."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"Thank you, Madame Seneschal, and thank you, your Grace," Josephine replied, nodding to each in turn. "I shall then issue my challenge. Not privately, but I need not take up more of your time if you have other matters you wish to attend to. Unless, of course, either of you prefer to be present?"

She was unsure whether she hoped they would say yes, or no. On one hand, were a question of logistics to arise, it would be beneficial to have at least the Seneschal nearby. On the other hand, she quite liked the idea of issuing the challenge so that all would bear witness to her displeasure.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya curls her lip as she ponders the weight of differences between being present for the challenge and not. Having never been present for one, she might wish to be present to witness the response and following channels that occur after. Then again, she thinks of the idea of Marco associating his insult to her with Josephine's challenge and view it as Katya sending Josephine to do her dirty work which is not the case.

"Hmm, while the power of faith is being defended for both of us, let this be your moment Priscus. I'd hate for outsiders to think that by association, your challenge had my influence and as a result, takes away your sense of agency which we know is certainly not the case. I will speak with Mr. Fernandez myself but if you plan to issue the challenge here, I'll be nearby anyhow to offer support if need be."

PRE

"Thank you, Seneschal Harding," Josephine replied. "Logistics, if nothing else, will likely be brought up."

Her eyes then moved to the Prince, awaiting his response before she made her way to pin the rat to the floor.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"For the Challenge itself, No," Asa answered.

Calm eyes drifted away from the Raven, following thoughts. Plans shuffled, pieces moved. Contingencies. Stagnation, so tempting, of thought: of accepting that the undead were immortal. Semantics which eventually became fatal mistakes.

"Although you'll need to inform one of us
    of the date and Witnesses, please."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread