(Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"My apologies." Ashley said with a slight bow, a deference of respect. Her eyes shifted between the introductions, though she would offer Twist her attention first; the weight of her title was not lost upon Ashley. "It is a pleasure Her Grace." Her eyes then shifted to Diana, as her title was equally interesting; Myrmidon. "It is a pleasure, as well, Myrmidon Barnes."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

PRE

After departing from her conversation with the Prince and his Seneschal, Josephine fixed her dark eyes upon the target of her wrath and strode towards him, her gaze upon him as sharp as obsidian.

" Marco Fernandez ," she pronounced as she closed the last bit of distance between them, the words as sharp as those of any stage actor. "For your insolence towards covenant and court, I challenge you to Monomacy. You have subverted and mocked the traditions of the Lancea et Sanctum, you have ridiculed the value of Belief amongst the Kindred, and you have slandered an official of this court. For this, I shall see you turned to Ash. What say you?"

3. Likes West liked this post

When Josephine breaks away from the city officials and returns with fire in her eyes Richard knows all shrouds of mystery is about to be aired out very soon. He watches her cross the court room, charging directly up to Marco and issuing her challenge. He was aware of the controversy over Marcos loose tounge but that was little more than social faux pas, something that could have happened to anyone that wasn't careful. But whats this about mocking the church? He wasn't quick to believe that Marco would have made the blunder of running his mouth in public, more likely his cousin's tongue was loose in mixed company.

But that would mean someone snitched There is a cruel layer of amusement in that thought.

What ever the case, Marco had dug his own grave, nothing he could do for him even if he wanted to. Still though, he observes Juan briefly, occasionally glancing at his other family members, searching for a hint as to how clan Daeva as a collective felt about this development.

In the mean time though he spots an opportunity to make a new acquaintance when Ashley Cohen approaches the group and makes her greetings. He gets the feeling that he has seen her before, but alas not being able to recall for certain he introduces himself assuming that this is the very first time, "Hi, Richard Black. Nice to meet you" the snarl of her beast prevents him from offering his hand unfortunately.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

At the arrival of Twist - Cordoba gave a humble bow of acknowledgment. "Good evening to you, Her Grace."

Hearing his name mentioned, dark brown eyes watched the raven clad Josephine speaking with Asa and Katya. The time had come. He was certain that he was among the first - possibly the first - to know that the Priscus of Lords and Ladies had it out for Marco.

Thoughts drifted back to his reflections on the terse conversation he had with him. No doubt, I will answer for my decisions, one night. It was a falling knife - a knife he was not going to reach out to catch.

Catching the eyes of Richard Black looking at him - and soon the eyes of others would soon be on him. Cordoba forced the muscles of his to face appear stoic.

2 successes to conceal feelings
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-11 17:42:58 Juan rolls 5 to Conceal Feelings [Composure + Subterfuge] (10 Again) 2, 10, 6, 2, 10, 6, 6 2 successes

M
    Matrixchild

With Konrad standing to his side he watched as Josephine left her group to make her announcement public. So that was her play. An eyebrow raised as he took a step forward. If she was going to stand in the limelight he wouldn't shy away from it either. Clearly the Prince and the Seneschal either endorsed or had no desire to stand in her way since she just left their presence. Had she previously spoken to Juan about this as well or did she not care how he felt? Neither mattered he guessed since their last conversation did not give Marco hope his Priscus would come to his rescue.

"Interesting. You surprise me last court with insults but silent explanation on the basis for them. No attempt was made to ask for a boon or even accept my offers to resolve this peacefully, something I made clear I was willing to do. I'd hoped we could fix things but clearly sharp words and violence are the only ways you know how to solve problems so I accept what you so desire." He was already in the doghouse so why not drop the pretense of niceties towards an unreasonable woman. He turned to the Prince and Katya and bowed. "Your Majesty, Madame Seneschal. I had intended to apologize privately but so it is. I had not intended to insult either of you, but I understand that even a hint of insult is error on my part and for that I am sorry. Depending on how this turns out I hope I can earn your forgiveness for my slight."

He turned back to look at Josephine calmly. That's all you can do when dealing with a religious zealot. He didn't allow himself to smirk, but inside he offered a prayer that her god would forsake her. Just desserts to have her die fighting for her 'convictions'.

R
    Rincewind

The high tensions would be cause for alarm enough as Tomas arrives to court later than he would have liked. The skittishness of his beast around such gathered power is amplified by the scene unfolding between Marco and his would be assailants. Were it not court, and subject to the laws thereof, he was sure weapons would be drawn. Even uninvolved thus far, his own beast clamors for the competition to be put down, whatever the reason.

Hoping the scene would cause his late arrival to slip the notice of those who would hold such a thing against him, Tomas slinks along a wall to where he see’s Richard engaged in conversation with some unknown Kindred. “Hey there Rich’, who’s your friend?” He asks.

PRE

Josephine, Marco, et al continue here...

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiles, about to return the greetings and push the conversation to the next step of pleasantries, when Josephine's clear voice draws her attention away for just a moment.

*Monomacy?* Her gaze flickers to the group from whence Josephine had come and then back to the two players in the unfolding drama. It must have been a grave insult indeed to push the Lord to such measures as Monomacy, but she didn't have much difficulty in imagining her fellow succubus being able to accomplish such a feat.

As Marco began to talk, a slight frown wrinkled her forehead behind the filigreed mask, but by his conclusion it had faded away. He had started off verbose enough, and for a moment she thought that he would plead out of the challenge with words. But it seemed he wouldn't shame his family with such maneuvering.

As Josephine and Marco continued in quieter voices, she turned back to her own gathering, noting the additional members who had joined them.

Shifting slightly to allow adequate room for everyone and their beasts, she gave a glance of acknowledgement to Richard before smiling wryly at the women. "It seems that of late the return of city members is celebrated in deadly ways. I do hope that this is a habit we do not keep."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley glanced to Richard, and then another approached, as the drama unfolded. She held off introductions for a moment, watching the display, before turning to the two Kindred. "Ashley Cohen."

Ashley had to hit pause on the pleasantries, for the drama, as a smile swept across her face. Her thoughts were still with her cousin and some unknown. "It appears he has subverted and mocked the Second Estate's traditions to such a degree that The Second Estate had to burrow upon the First Estate's traditions..." Ashley shook her head softly, as she regarded Richard and the other unknown.

"Well now..." Ashley's eyes flicked between them for a moment.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

When Josephine announced her intention to declared monomacy to Marco, that's when the young Toreador understood the gravity of the situation and why she felt so uneasy during this whole time at court. Obviously, the higher echelon of the city hierarchy were in on this. She frowned in a disapproving way towards the ventrue priscus. Gabrielle didn't understood what prompted this particular course of action and this only showed how Josephine had failed to prove how that monomacy was justified.

Unfortunately, she was only a newly coming neonate and her word weighted little in the affair of the city. So, she did the only thing she could and approached the forming group around Josephine and Marco, looking for an opportunity to support her clan and covenant mate ...

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread