Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1510) Josephine, Prey, and others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

"Excellent. I am please to hear that you will not attempt to squirm and wriggle your way through the mulch on your way out of Sacramento like the cowardly worm that I assumed you to be. Sending your Spirit to Hell will be much more satisfying," Josephine replied coolly, eyeing the Carthian with distaste.

"Alas, before such can be done you and I will need to decide upon a date for your death, as well as witnesses to recount it. Do you believe you might be able to persuade another to act as Witness for you?"

M
    Matrixchild

The Priscus' cool gaze was returned in kind as their conversation became more private. "I assumed we could have been civilized about this but it appears that's impossible with you. Hopefully you'll have a brief moment before you turn to ash to reflect on your righteous crusade." Marco prided himself on being a reasonable person. Without reason, without common sense we were nothing. Did he make mistakes? Yes, as all in the unlife do at some point, but he still had believed talking could solve most troubles. He hadn't realized that Josephine was embraced during high school and had never evolved past petty adolescent drama.

He almost laughed at her mention of 'his' death. Oh how he hoped to prove her fatally wrong. "I will need time to find my witness since I haven't had at least a month to plan your death as you it seems have tried to plan for me."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Considering that the challenge is being issued right in front of him, Konrad can't help but overhear everything that is being said. Konrad hadn't been present at the last Monomacy, though he understood that it had been a public affair like the one before it. The idea that there should be Witnesses is new and a curious prospect.

"I'll witness," offers Konrad helpfully. Though whether it is to support his Carthian comrade or his spiritual adviser remains undetermined. In truth, he'd rather not miss it either way, if it's to be a private affair.

Gabrielle approached hesitantly towards Marco and Josephine, having heard the declaration of monomacy. She waited for a good opportunity to approach Josephine and ask her why she wanted that.

"I am sorry to interrupt you Priscus Josephine, but having heard your declaration of Monomacy towards Marco, and seeing it was accepted, I am sure you would understand if I asked you what are the precise grievances you have towards my cousin. Wouldn't it be better if the whole court knew what prompted your course of action? So that those grievance can never happen again of course ..."

Richard approaches just moments after Gabrielle in a bit of a rush, he slides in hopefully before Josephine answers his cousins very direct questioning,"Gabrielle" he says softly, wishing to avoid taking an abrasive tone, he doesn't want her to misinterpret his words as an attack,"Certainly if his Grace has sanctioned this challenge then due process has been taken" he even makes an effort to keep his voice down so that maybe he can defuse her without bringing much attention to the subject. He understood wanting to stand up for family sure enough but he sought to caution her against being to blatant about throwing her support in with Marco at this point. 'at least not publicly'

6. Likes Phoenix liked this post

PRE

"Were you not listening Madame d'Orleans?" Josephine returned, despite Richard's arrival. "Do you wish me to go into tedious recounting of ever slight which Fernandez has thrown at me, my beliefs, or my former covenant? Yes, you heard me correctly," Josephine expounded with a cruel smile. "The crusade I seek is manifold, and purely motivated by the reason you suspect. Rather than a heathen, it is disrespect which I am attempting to smite, and as you have become its most insidious manifestation in this Domain, it is you that shall be smitten. Alas, it seems that you have found one to stand witness for you."

The dead black eyes of the Lady turned upon Konrad and a measured nod was given. Permission, perhaps.

"All that remains is to decide upon a date. Shall we say one week from today?"

8. Likes Phoenix liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

Josephine was so....so....boooooring. It was becoming too much to bare, just listening to her drag on and on about 'smiting' and 'crusades' and 'disrespect'. A part of him almost wanted to tell the woman that they might as well do things right now because he couldn't stand a single extra moment of her pompous pandering. Good thing this would be a fight to the death because he didn't know if he could live the rest of his unlife dealing with her on her high horse. With only one of them coming out alive Marco would only have to deal with his poor comment to Katya, and the fact that Juan had basically abandoned him, should he kill the bird woman.

"A week sounds fine with me," he said coldly. No smile graced Marco's face tonight and he just found her smile silly. Nothing she was saying made him fear for his life. She was a religious fool who would die for her convictions. Such a waste.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad turns to regard Richard with a smirk, thankful that someone came to speak reason to Gabrielle. He decides to throw his own two cents in. "When Monomacy is claimed it's not for us to know the reasons, as long as Prince Clarke gives the green light for it. Though I'm sure Marco appreciates the concern."

A look is given to the challenged party, the smirk smoothing out to impassiveness. Konrad knows what Josephine is trying to do. Goading Marco seems a poor sport. While he's been harsh with the former Myrmidon in the past, Marco is still a Covenant member, and the Movement would take another blow in losing him. "You sure you don't want more time, Marco? Ya know, to put your affairs in order? A week will come and go before you know it." It doesn't sound like a vote of confidence, but rather a warning to prepare for the worst.

A glance is spared towards Diana. He knows about her aversion to the Lance and the reasons. This challenge would not sit well with her either he imagines.

PRE

"A week has been offered and accepted. So it shall be. If you'll excuse me, I have my own witness to see to," Josephine said, excusing herself from the conversation.

Josephine continuing here...

M
    Matrixchild

He watched as the stubborn woman walked away before answering Konrad's question. "A week is fine. This has gone on long enough and if I can't defeat her in a week I doubt I could defeat her in a month. With you as Prefect and Diana as Myrmidon there aren't many affairs to get in order anyway."

He then turned to Gabrielle with a smile. "And thank you Gabrielle for your support but there's no stopping this train now. After last court I realize that the domain is only big enough for one of us and that I couldn't live with myself if I ran. Either I'll kill her or she'll get her supposed justice and that will be the end of that."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread