Ended
Watch

A Convergence of Kindred

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan's BMW rode down the highway into flat farmlands outside of the city. David was kind enough to open the Chapterhouse once more. Tonight would be a collaborative sharing of what transpired with Cody and Konrad.

His car rolled onto the premises, cutting off the engine, he cautiously looked around to ensure there were no uninvited guests. Juan then exited the vehicle and approached the door of the estate. Dressed casually for tonight - black Ralph Lauren polo shirt and jeans, Cordoba knocked twice in succession.

C
    Casitive

David's bike leans against the door Juan knocks at. It was top of the line... thirty years ago. A few scars are borne on the surface of the aluminum, breaking up the pea-green paint-job that was pristine only a couple of years ago. The Peugeot is as much a part of David as David is a part of it.

The Shadow is sitting inside, on the nearby stairs, waiting for Kindred to arrive with his old phone turning in his fingers. Despite the similar manner of dress, it is far from designer. A button-up shirt in dove gray has long had its sleeves rolled to the Shadow's elbows and is paired with an old stand-by: khakis. No shoes cover David's feet, but there are parti-colored socks.

At Juan's knocking, David looks at the door dubiously before pulling himself to his feet and traveling the short-distance to open the door.

Confronted with the weaker Beast, David's Beast – hateful, angry, and belligerent – begs the Man to destroy the Spaniard. Begs him to take the broom and impale the Invictus like Dracul would have in his early Days. Who is this man, who is everything David will never be, in David's home? This is David's territory, a lair that he claims as his own, and here is this weaker thing invading it. It isn't just because he is weak or because Cordoba is a walking reminder of his own Murder, but a fear that Cordoba secretly plots to take all David has made. This though, is not the first time David has been confronted with Juan Cordoba – or his beast. White-hot hate, segues quickly into contempt and that contempt is managed, bottled up.

More pressure for when control is lost.

Priscus, please come in.” Opening the door, it squeaks as David steps aside. “We should be expecting more, I believe. I suppose the Lunarium will have to do.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Once confirming that Martha will be joining her, Katya waits for @%1; the Keeper to follow her from Nox to her SUV where they ride together to meet with David.

"I know that your feelings with Priscus Cordoba are mixed at the moment, but to call back to our previous discussion regarding our future play session, I'd like you to pay attention to any feelings of discomfort you might have and think about them after we're finished." she says once they begin driving.

Katya relies on Martha to navigate her to the Chapter house and it's when she recognizes Juan's vehicle that she is relieved they are in the right spot. Katya exits her car, stepping out in doc martens under black dress slacks. Her white button up is concealed under a jacket and her hair is tied up in a long ponytail, multiple bands strategically placed along various lengths of her hair. She opens the door for Martha and waits for her to exit the passenger side. When she turns to the door she sees David and Juan in the distance, but it's Juans' presence that causes Katya to grip the door handle tighter, almost to the point of ripping it off the door. Despite their previous positive encounter, the sight of the succubi Priscus sends her into a dark place where she does not want to be seduced by the male Succubi and the only way her unrational mind can think to protect herself is to tear at his pretty face until it can seduce no one else. Of course, that is until Katya clenches her jaw and squeezes her eyes shut, banishing the hateful images from her head and reminding herself of why she is here.

Once Martha is ready, she walks with the Keeper of Elysium to the door and bows her head to both David and Juan. "Good evening, Priscus Cordoba, Priscus Regan, thank you for granting us both your time this evening."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha is wearing her C-Leg. Using her cane and dressed in her usual school uniform - with her newly obtained Kevlar sports armor hidden underneath - she feels ready for most things.

Smiling, she stayed mostly silent on the journey to the House.

Arriving, she obviously enjoys being helped along by Katya and nods her sincere thanks for the aid and contact before dipping a respectful curtsey to Juan and David.

"Good evening, Priscus Cordoba... Grand Wyrm..." she nodded timidly. Leaning hard on her cane, small Martha is clearly meek and here to be on the receiving end of the information.

Conflict is the farthest thing from her mind...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

Another tribulation comes wrapped in the flesh of a woman made Savage. David's vision is kept hostage as the pale-skinned woman approaches; the Shrike crowing in an alarm formed by the discordant sound of a thousand hungry mouths. The beast wants. The beast desires. These emotions are born of a hate and anger that races from the tips of dull-brown hair to the ends of sock clothed feet.

David's jaw tenses as emotions roil through him.

It is another reminder of how much that particular lie is false.

Anger, however, is only a short violent explosion of emotion – it lasts only a moment. What remains, what lingers, and what is more insidious is the contempt. Contempt that this young Kindred, with her weak Beast, has been made Seneschal; that Katya has so much power over him.

The Shrike would like nothing more than to turn her pale skin ash.

Contempt is easier to manage, however. It is easier to bottle up and turn a deaf ear to it, remain willfully blind to it. Deeply breathing, the Shadow maintains his poise but only then does he realize how tightly he was holding to the door, suddenly aware of white knuckles begging the mind to let go. He does and as he does, David realizes that Martha has curtsied and offered her greetings.

“Please come in.” Invites the Grand Wyrm, shutting the door behind them. “We will hold this in the Lunarium.” For those who have never been to the Chapter House, it is a lonely edifice that would not be out of place on Brontλ mores. Age and the lack of manpower is evident, even if the exotic hardwoods and glittering stained glass is as lovingly maintained as can be.

David leads the group to an open Lunarium, a place of cream colored walls and windows viewing the moonlit land around. “Take a seat anywhere. Who would like to start? I would rather get questions out of the way first. I have heard that you might have some that I would rather answer personally. Let's get started.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Daeva nods in greeting to the Mekhet, "Buenas noches, Priscus Regan." Blissfully ignorant of the Grand Wyrm's Blood, he smiles to the man. Glancing downward, noting the man's unique choice of socks.

Upon hearing the arrival of another car, he turned to see who else was coming. Indeed it was Katya and Martha. Anger tugged at his fangs. How dare she? The presence of mind that witnesses were nearby allowed the necessary moments to suppress his violent instincts.

As the Seneschal opened the door for the Keeper, dark brown eyes tracked the movement of the pair. He had not forgotten her disparaging public remarks about him. Say all the nice things you want. It matters not to me. Martha's meek greeting did not subdue the enmity he felt toward her. "Good evening Seneschal Villiers," a beat had passed, "and Keeper Villiers."

Cordoba stepped across the threshold into the estate. Adhering to his previous visit, he kicked off his loafers, revealing black dress socks. He followed David into the Lunarium. This time, Juan's eyes did not wander to soak in the interior design. Instead, there was a focus.

He returned to the seat in which he sat when he met with David previously. "As there are multiple angles, I can shed light on my involvement with Seneschal Harding."

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya follows David into the Dracul house, her eyes wandering upward at the interior. So this is where Dragons power resides... in her early years of unlife, Katya found it somewhat hard to see the difference between what Acolytes did compared to the Dragons. From her psychologist perspective, they were both scientists and admittedly she found the Dragons intriguing yet, in the end, it was downward that the Dark Mother dragged her and she found a home in Hades. Still, the headquarters of the Ordo makes her reminisce on that particular struggle.

Once she enters the Lunarium, she admires the light of the moon leaking inside, staring at it for a brief moment before sitting down across from Juan. Nodding to confirm her understanding of David's request she says "In addition to corroborating Priscus Cordoba's story, I have my own information to share with you regarding that night in the Asylum. In regards to the question, Keeper Villiers brought this to my attention as it is in regards to this up coming Court. We have concerns over the potential attendance of Ms. Brady. Given the recent events, we were not sure what she might do at Court and wanted to consult with you in terms of the best way to maintain security and secrecy over what you and other kindred in this domain have worked on." she turns to Martha "Mistress Villiers I'm sure will share her own specific questions. My own pertain to what we can do if Ms. Brady should wish to question anyone with information we don't want her to know. Particularly for myself since I have not met her and I would not be surprised if she eventually introduces herself to me. While I can verbally be hush hush over certain topics, as you have said, she is a very powerful member of you clan. Do you know if she is likely to use any powers to deduct the truth and if so, how would you recommend avoiding that situation? My thoughts were to try and keep any discussion surface level at best and to make sure I am close enough within ear shot of the other Prisci so they can be aware of what she discusses with me."

She expects David to tell her Martha should know herself how to manage this, but given the Keeper's sabbatical, Katya would rather go over motions again so everyone is crystal clear rather than assume.

C
    Casitive

An unasked question lurks behind Katya's statements, one that is borne from either plain misunderstanding or the misreading of a meaningful look shared in the bowels of the Green Room. David cants his head to the side, stating, “Brady did not attend the last Official Court.”

It is a reminder to a Seneschal who should have remembered, herself.

“I doubt she will attend the next one. As the Archon and I intimated, she no longer holds title, acknowledgment, or enjoys His Grace's protection. She will never again be acknowledged in this Domain. It is my opinion she is finished paying lip-service to a Prince she obviously does not respect. Her narcissism no longer allows it.”

A significant look crosses David's face as he finishes the point. It starts with Katya but it slides, slowly, towards Juan and finally towards Martha.

“What we should be more worried about, is her or her agents hidden beneath illusion, standing between our conscious thoughts, invisible.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods. Inside, her Beast raged and demanded the utter destruction of the ungentlemanly and frustrating monster. Juan... Vulgar scum...

Frowning, she indulged in recalling his pompous, ill-thought out and humorless remarks about her own comments on the man.

Gripping her cane, Martha soon steadied her worst instincts and contemplated her growing hatred of Juan. It was a moment that soon passed as she began to take the measure of the new sanctum of the Ordo Dracul. A building she's barely even seen, let alone visited.

In humbled silence, she limped and struggled her way to the Lunarium. Taking a seat, she rested her cane across her lap and listened as her Betters spoke. In some unconscious instinct, she sat with her hands tucked demurely and schoolgirlishly under her thighs.

The news about Erika's social exile was fascinating and changed some of her calculations. Clearly focused on sincerely listening to Katya and David converse, she nodded at appropriate moments.

Her peg leg waggled. Martha now had questions, but was too subdued to dare ask them at the present.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan listened as Katya presented her question of Erika's status. He then smiled as David made his position crystal clear. With that piece taken from the board, it was one less worry. He broached the topic, "The infested Ghoul, Cody, has been taken care of," his hand turned palm up toward the Gangrel, "My sincerest gratitude to Seneschal Harding's assistance in the matter." Juan smiled to Katya. "The voice of reason."

A glance at Martha followed before gravitating to David. "I do have a particular concern about Priscus Roth. I was with her when she called the Gangrel Priscus to meet with him. He became very evasive and argumentative. Ultimately, he did give us the location via text message. We arrived and we met with Roth and Keeper Villiers."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.