THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Hearing the laughter his voice only made the fury of his Beast burn deeper, though Konrad keeps it in check for now.

"So you claim to be Clan Gangrel? What's your name, stranger?" he asks, the cold edge to his words remains unchanged as if he'd like to know what to inscribe upon the man's tombstone.

D
    Deus

“Ross, Ross McLauren,” Ross gave an affected simper. Aggression was so eloquently straightforward. “I’m afraid I’m taking a liking to you already Konrad!” Ross laughed before continuing, “May I call you Konrad? Or would you prefer something else?” Ross leaned in at the end, as if conspiring with the Kindred, leaving just enough distance as to not be invasive.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Yeah, I prefer Priscus. Ross McLauren, is it? The feeling isn't mutual. Now, give me your phone."

There is no question or request in the last statement. It is simply a command. Konrad holds out his hand expectantly to receive the device.

D
    Deus

“Of course Priscus.” Ross fished his phone from a pocket and placed it on Konrad's hand, off and password protected.
    “I understand your feelings Priscus, we can’t all be as charming as you.” Ross quipped, smiling benignly.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"You're walking a dangerous line there, bub. Thanks," he says without any real gratitude, taking the phone in hand. "You'll get this back when you learn to be responsible with it, that is if you're planning on sticking around. So you're interested in acknowledgment? Well I've been charged with the authority to grant it. But I'm not so sure Prince Clarke would want a neonate with no respect for the Masquerade taking residence in his Domain. Or do they not have the FBI or NSA where you come from?"

Konrad folds his arms across his chest, meeting Ross's gaze. His question is rhetorical of course, but he's interested in seeing how Ross answers it. Federal agencies have been notorious for phone tapping for decades now, which had only gained momentum at the turn of the century. If Ross had been keeping with this behavior over the scope of his Requiem then all it would take is the wrong kind of attention to provide a major breach.

D
    Deus

Ross raised an eyebrow and his smile twitched slightly, a hairline crack in his composure. Whether this was irritation or fear was unclear.
    “Not from where I was first Priscus, may I ask why?” His tone, while still casual, had a distinct note of solemnity in it's nature.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Well they've got those here. You pick up a newspaper in the last decade you'll see that the NSA surveillance is commonplace. Phone companies are at the Kine government's beck and call. And after enough feedings gone wrong, it starts to paint you in a different light. Pretty soon you've got agents starting to wonder what words like 'Priscus' and 'Court' mean to a guy who only goes out at night and the people he comes into contact with show up at the doctor's feeling 'sick'. So if you haven't figured it out by now to keep Kindred business out of your electronic communications then you got no business using 'em. Now start nodding like what I'm saying to you makes sense cause I'm not going to spell it out for you any other way."

There's a possibility that the Kindred before him is an elder if he doesn't know much about technology and the risks that come with them. But it's just as likely it's someone who grew up in a backwater town or country and never considered the dangers of being flippant with their true nature. Either way Konrad isn't going to take a chance with this guy, especially when it's his own ass on the line if this Clanmate turns out to be a liability. Once they can get past this misunderstanding, if that's what it is, maybe they can actually get to the subject of Acknowledgement.

8. Likes West liked this post
    D
    Deus

A decade? I heard nothing of this six years ago.
    “Sage advice, you may have just saved my unlife” Ross nods deeply. “Thank you Priscus, I should get myself up to date and a newspaper sounds like the trick.” Ross waited, hoping that Konrad would return to acknowledgement and return the phone; whilst expecting neither.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

That's better. But then Ross might just be saying so to save face.

"Don't mention it. Other Kindred aren't expecting you to call them by their titles out in public so you don't have to be worried about offending someone by skipping their moniker while there's Kine around. And if you want to talk about Court then just say a party or a meeting or something. We all learn to expect that double-speak. Now then, Ross McLauren. Nice to meet you, I'm Priscus Konrad Roth of Clan Gangrel. What brings you to Sacramento and how long do you expect to stay?"

The switch over to pleasantries is artificial with little politeness in its cadence. At least they can pretend like they're having a pleasant conversation. Hopefully there would be no other hiccups along the way or else he might have Alessandra finish the conversation for him.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    D
    Deus

Ross swapped back to his casual composure.
    “The Masquerade must be maintained.” The phrase was wrought of double meaning, Ross’s eyes playful.

“You might say I’m soul searching, but I’m also looking for a Kine. As for length?" Ross gave an exaggerated shrug, slightly splaying his arms “I don't know how long this will take, could be a month, could be ten years.” Ross spoke agreeably looking about the room. What Ross said was true, but not the entire truth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread