Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FJ) Back to Square One ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

Once duely briefed by Truce and Pelican ( LoneRanger ), Miach had started to come up with a course of action. A couple of drinks's worth of back and forth with the Moros Councilor later, and it had turned out to be much more arduous than hoped to get a good look in the past.

Well... at least, they had agreed that it was worth a try, and the three Mages had made their way to the lamppost where it had all begun. Parking a couple of blocks away, Miach quickly prepared in the car before leaving to venture toward the ill-fated lamppost.

"So... this is where ?" he said quietly, not wanting to disrupt the stillness of the air, nor the sanctity of the place. Someone had died, and then suffered, here... the doctor respected that.

-2 Mana, Cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-15 16:58:50 Miach rolls 9 to Wit 3 + Occ 3 + Rote Speciality 1 + Prime 2 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Supernal Vision (10 Again) 9, 6, 6, 7, 4, 7, 6, 8, 8 3 successes
    2015-09-15 16:58:37 Miach rolls 9 to Res 3 + Ath 2 + Life 4 + HS 2 - extended to 24H 2 to Organic Resilience (10 Again) 2, 2, 3, 1, 5, 9, 6, 4, 2 1 success

L
    LoneRanger

As I watch the space where a cold case happened (cold to the point of being almost frozen), I nod to Miach. This was the place where the homicide happened. I answer with a matter of fact voice.

"Yes, it is"

Before, I bought some flower. These are reverently placed on the lamp post.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce nods along with Pelican, having accompanied the other Magi to the location. He brings with him the research materials should they need to reference them further. But his memories of his interaction with Justine's specter and her father seem fresh enough to remind him of her lingering presence. He performs the mudra gestures to activate his Sight to observe any lingering resonance of the event, though their purpose here relates to a different spectrum of the Tapestry.

Sight | 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-16 10:05:41 Truce rolls 7 to cast Grim Sight rote [WIT+Occ+Death] (10 Again) 3, 4, 9, 10, 1, 7, 3, 3 2 successes

Miach

PRE

"Well, then..." Miach looked around warily, making double-sure noone was around to see or hear them. Last thing they wanted was a Sleeper's interrupting them. Once satisfied that they were well and truely alone, the Acanthus closed his eyes, and focused on the familiar Imago.

The place. A pillar. Everything swirling back around it. Time's distance denied. What had been was not inscrutable. A trained mind could access it. His hands made the gesture of a counter-clockwise rewind, while his lips slowly intoned the words of Knowledge and homage to Chronos. His aim: the driver, or at the very least the car that had taken a life.

7 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-16 15:59:49 Miach rolls 10 to Int 3 + Inv 1 + Rote Spe 1 + Time 3 + HS 2 to Postcognition (10 Again) 7, 10, 10, 5, 9, 8, 9, 5, 9, 9, 3, 5 7 successes

5. Likes Vassagon liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

Once I honoured the dead, I decide it is time to see how the Tapestry changed in the surrounding. Before everything, I check out if anyone is around.

Then, after insuring no one is around, I put my hands over my eyes and I remove them as removing a Veil. Then I turn to east, I draw with my index finger a sign of a circle with some rays coming out of it , and I look inside it. All of this while intoning a chant.

After this is done, I give a look at the lamp post.

"Right, where it was now?"

4 suxx Supernal Vision
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-17 16:08:18 Sup Vision rolls 8 to Wit+Oc+Pri+HS (10 Again) 8, 9, 7, 10, 3, 1, 6, 10, 6, 2 4 successes

in case I notice someone

C
    Casitive

For the first time, neither Truce nor Pelican see anything amiss at the lamp-post. It is, as if Justine didn't spend the last 20 years here, chained to the place of her death.

Please see here, Bigpaw

C
    Casitive

The world spins on a top, creating blending the world together into a blur of color and sound. If Miach hadn't been staring at the lamp-post, he certainly would have risked his lunch. Another, without the nomenclature to elegantly describe it, would call it teleporting through time. Suddenly, the world is many years ago. Suddenly the present time has been left and Miach arrives at the past.

Justine Finch, a young woman crying in a party dress, enters stage left. The Blood Moon hangs low overhead. Justine's fingers carry her shoes, though her gaze is not fixed at any one point.

Finding rest at the lamp-post, Justine stands there leaning up against it, waiting.

Suddenly a screech of tires pierces through the air, Justine freezes as she sees two bright headlamps and a car, then silence as the young woman is crushed between a car and a hard-place.

A young man comes out, staggering on his feet, sees his handiwork and rushes back behind the driver's seat pulling away in a screech of tires and smoke.

Justine falls to a crumpled heap at the foot of the lamp post, wishing only for her father to rescue her.

Sorry for the wait

Miach

PRE

No problem, of course !

Having the scene described while perusing newspaper, and witnessing it first-hand were two different things. Miach's heart lurched as he watched the mauled body of Justine crumple onto the compound. He made to rush by her side, and administer Life, only to remember that it was the Past. Powerful as he was, all he could do was watch, unable to interfere.

It took the Acanthus some time to regain his composure, and impose his will upon his instincts, instead turning his head toward the car that held the information he was after, a number plate. With that, with that and a bit of luck, he might be able to resume the investigation in the present, when he belonged, and when Justine had left, moving on at last.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-05 16:07:06 Miach rolls 6 to Wits 3 + Comp 3 to read the plate ? (10 Again) 10, 2, 8, 2, 6, 7, 3 2 successes

L
    LoneRanger

I scan around, to look for anyone or anything is around. Any witness around? Better watch out.

As Miach seems to get a grip with the reality, I watch him with a neutral gaze:

"Hey Miach, everything ok?"

Then I watch the sky and scratch my chin. I turn my gaze towardthe Councilor of my Path.

"Esteemed Truce, is there, in the folder of proofs,a picture of Justine boyfriend??"

no problems and thanks a lot

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce waits patiently as Miach silently performs his working.

When Pelican addresses him, he answers, "Yes, there should be a copy with him listed as an intermural sports player. There's also an article about a DUI published by the Sacramento Bee,"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread