Ended
Watch

South Side Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Ermac

"We speak to the Councilors, of course," there were three of them in the Cabal after all. "Truce and I are on good terms. I'm willing to bet he's tired of the nonsense as much as anyone else is."

"Time and again, we've been subjected to the depredations of others,"
    his fist pounded into an open palm. "As much as I don't like Emrys, what Einstein did was both rude and uncalled for." The Obrimos's intense dislike of the Libertine was evident.

Ermac shook his head. "I'm tired of these petulant rebels without a cause. We can't have that happen any more. It's time to start hitting back."

M
    Matrixchild

"But how would Truce handle such dramatic change? It's one thing to want progress or change, it's another thing to understand the need for forceful control of the consilium. And I agree, Einstein's actions were absolutely unacceptable. The fact anyone things they can act like that at an official meeting shows the lack of respect shown. Some people act like we're just a group of friends meeting for drinks instead of an official gathering of mages."

He had his own messed up feelings about Einstein, but he cared a great deal about respect and order and none of that was shown the other day.

E
    Ermac

Ermac nodded in affirmation. "Truce is sitting on a powder keg. He's well aware of that," the Theurge paused to pull off his glass and rub one lens with his shirt. "What Einstein did lit the fuse," he commented to the now partially blurry Guardian.

Fingers switched to the other optic, "Truce knows what he needs to do. He's a thearch now and the Vox knows their role in the Diamond. If he needs a push in the right direction, then so be it."

Resetting his glasses atop his nose, Ermac concluded, "They can try to kick him out. If they do, it only makes them look worse and they're no longer a Cabal." He shrugged, "Truce has more power than they realize."

M
    Matrixchild

"Well are they even a cabal now? I mean I don't know what status Einstein even has at the moment, and I thought it was just her, Crowley, and Truce," he said with a pondering look. She had made it clear she didn't want to be a part of Consilium at all, so did that revoke her rights? Or did they need to be formally revoked by the council? He needed that answer from someone who understand that laws better than he did, at least the complicated aspects of it.

"But yeah something clearly has to give, and we need to make sure the rest of the Consilium sees we're already past the breaking point. This system can't sustain us and everyone knows it. But sitting around debating what to do next won't do any good either, and that's what I'm worried will happen. Just more months of talking about what to do."

E
    Ermac

"She's a fringe member with Recognition. The reason no one's dropped the hammer on her is because she hasn't committed a crime." Ermac paused in thought. "TdS hasn't folded yet cause they've got the minimum requirement of three members. If any one of them lost Recognition, they'd crumble."

The Theurge leaned closer to the Enchanter. "You know what I think? Emrys didn't get permission to host but went ahead with it. Einstein got pissy over it. So she threatened to kick everyone out. I think intentionally disrupting a Consilium gathering is worth adding to the books." Eye brows raised as he emphasized his words, "Intentional. Disruption."

A lip curled in annoyance the more he thought about it. "Seriously, where the hell have the thearchs been with these problems? They need to get on with making legislation to counteract this bullshit."

Ermac held up a hand. "I digress." Shaking his head, clearing away the tangent. "Anyway, last year, Asp stripped Striker's Recognition. As a Sentinel you have that authority. Einstein has to commit a crime on the books for you to do so."

A conspiratorial glint appeared in his eyes, "So we just make sure we catch her committing a crime."

M
    Matrixchild

"It was clear she thought she ran the show. I don't know what was said between the two of them, but clearly Einstein had a problem with us being there. No one recognized should have a problem with the Consilium using their order's house. I'll definitely make a note to self, though I don't think intentional disruption is enough to act on, just enough to show her intentions."

July was in a strange position. He knew how Einstein felt, she had made it clear multiple times. They weren't dating...would they want to date? Did he want to date her? He shook the thought out of his mind. It was just fun...purely recreational. But the Consilium was a serious matter and he couldn't let fun get in the way of order.

"I still wonder how things have gotten so far out of hand. How often has the Lex been changed? What he need is a single group, like the council, to just make laws that go in favor of a strong, controlled Consilium. No voting by the community, no dicussion in the consilium, just 'this is the new law decided on by your representatives on the council.' If anyone has a problem with it they can answer to me."

At the mention of Asp's use of her authority July nodded his head in understanding. "I will definitely keep any eye out for those who continue to disrupt. Maybe we need to make disrupting Consilium a serious offense as a part of the future Lex changes." He said changes instead of discussion because that's what it should be, change without a whole city-wide debate. This wasn't a town hall meeting, it was a serious gathering of mages they were talking about. Keep it simple and easy.

E
    Ermac

"Currently disruption of Consilium doesn't exist as a criminal offense," Ermac calmly reinforced his point. "My focus is to enact legislation that allows idiots to be thrown out," he emphasized his point with seriousness. "I want it such that if they keep that shit up they are suspended from attendance. They can appeal for re-entry."

Allowing a moment's pause, the Obrimos looked outward to the park, "The Lex hasn't been updated for a while. What we need to do is to approach the Councilors with a bill in private."

He returned his gaze to the Acanthus, "They might call a Path meeting to discuss the bill. It's assured a few will bitch and moan but I think after her stunt, we'll see that enough people are tired of it all." A cold and calculating tone resurfaced, "Nous had it right. The Peanut Gallery cannot behave."

Locking eyes with July, "If we push this through, we can move onto bigger and better things."

M
    Matrixchild

July nodded his head in approval. "I absolutely agree. We need to show their are consequences to causing a distraction. Has Star and Avis been connected to disruptions? Yes, but they're both councilors and if they agree to these changes then I know they'd keep the peace."

​"I think a path meeting would be the appropriate setting to discuss these changes, but the vote, and overall decision, should lay with the councilors themselves. That's who needs to be convinced. If we can bring about serious change, a more strict expectation for order, and an understanding that the council, or whoever is in charge, leads while the Consilium merely follows than like you said we can focus on bigger and better things."

It was radical to think of bringing about dramatic change. But who would resist? If they could get the backing of the Council, or at least the majority, what could the opposition really do?

E
    Ermac

"Speculation spawns rumors which in turn somehow transform into," fingers flexed with air quotes, "'facts.' I don't know the full story." Ermac concluded with raising both hands in noncommittal gesture.

"Anyhow. AQ is expecting us to step up and govern ourselves. Avis pulled out a copy to show Bahlam where he dun goofed. That's a step in the right direction. We just need to keep that ball rolling. The rest will fall into place when they realize this isn't kindergarten anymore."

M
    Matrixchild

"And it seems we're still struggling with his direction. But how do you think we should proceed. It's one thing to talk about how we want to change things, it's another to start that change. We need to figure out who should be approached first. We get a group who agrees change is necessary, and can agree on the right kind of changeand we're in business." He imagined that Avis and Star, being councilors, might be the first ones to approach. Avis clearly wanted to take charge and they would need a figurehead to guide the progress of the city.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.