Ended
Watch

South Side Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Ermac

Every so often, Ermac liked to escape from the confines of his room. Carrying just his keys, wallet, and smartphone, he wandered through the park in shorts and a t-shirt. Walking at a relaxed speed, he stopped to rest on a bench.

Spells cast at home

M
    Matrixchild

Another evening and July was feeding the birds. A man of his stressful nature needed multiple ways to release stress and this was certainly one of them. After throwing out a handful of crumbs he looked up to see Ermac sitting at a bench nearby. How the man hadn't seen the cowboy cop he had no idea. Instead he stood up and wandered over, figuring a nice conversation was just what the doctor ordered.

"Ermac, what are you doing here? Out for a walk...or sit?"
    ​he added to the obvious fact the man was currently sitting and not walking.

E
    Ermac

Hearing his Shadow Name being called, he turned and looked up to see his Cabalmate, July. "Mac? Who? I'm Eric," he held up a hand, fingers wriggling, "Wind's a bit weird like that; ya know?"

The Aether poured into the area around the Theurge. The Supernal surrounding him in a shield of sound-proofing. "I never told you my name did I?" Ermac said with a lopsided grin. "Stay or walk, your choice. I'm up for either. We can speak freely right here if you'd like to stay."

Influence Sound 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-15 14:57:35 Ermac rolls 7 to Influence Sound [Gno + Forces] (10 Again) 5, 8, 9, 2, 7, 7, 3 2 successes

M
    Matrixchild

July snorted at the correction. Most people thought July was a strange name but with names like April and May floating around it wasn't that far-fetched for someone to just think his parents had been unoriginal. Guess 'Eric' was worried about people he knew in the 'real world' seeing him go by a different name. "Right, my mistake. I always mix you two up."

He felt the pull of the supernal and, with the change in his cabalmate's tone, figured he had put up a sound barrier, only for that assumption to be confirmed by his words. "I think I heard Star call you Eric once. I forget that other people go to real jobs with alternate names. July can usually pass off as a normal name."

At the offer he sat down next to the Obrimos and said, "I'll sit with you. Was just feeding the birds and saw you nearby, figured I'd join you. How are you?"

Obviously I meant this to be July

E
    Ermac

Ermac smiled as July caught onto his public subterfuge. "It's quite alright," he replied as the Acanthus sat down next to him. "I remember you had mentioned you feed the birds."

The bespectacled Obrimos looked around before answering, "I've been thinking..." His eyes seemed to have no particular point of focus as he spoke, "Thinking about many things..." He breathed in then exhaled slowly. "One thing I think is worth discussing the problem we have with the whole crew together. Ya know?"

M
    Matrixchild

July eyed Ermac, wondering what was on his mind. "What problem is bothering you?" He could think of several potential problems. Their conversation about Ermys and Einstein. July had calmed down in relation to Emrys and gained a slightly different connection to Einstein, but he wasn't sure of the Obrimos opinion, if it had changed or stayed the same. Could it be problems with Consilium and the yelling from the last one? Could it be the problem of GLO? He sat patiently and waited to see what Ermac had to say.

E
    Ermac

The Obrimos sighed. He had confided in July before. The man had proven to be dedicated to his role.

If the eyes were the window to one's soul, Ermac's was very cold at that moment. An frosty tone conveyed his thoughts, "I would tell you what's bothering me, however, it would be unnecessary. You saw it first hand, as did everyone else." Consilium at the Lorehouse proved to be as he had anticipated. "Things need to change."

M
    Matrixchild

He watched Ermac very closely as he spoke. It was true, he had seen it first hand. Chaos again. "I completely agree. There needs to be some change in our city. We couldn't even go two meetings in a row with a problem. It's like everything wants to just do their own thing with no respect to order. We need some form of command, but what do you have in mind?"

He continued to watch the Obrimos. Clearly he had thought a lot on the subject.

E
    Ermac

"If they cannot abide by the unspoken rules of common courtesy, in my opinion, they need to be taught to what is acceptable behavior," he said with a dark conviction.

"Sure, they'll cry out saying it's Orwellian. But that's just too bad, they've brought it on themselves." Ermac shrugged.

Dark brown eyes focused on July's, "You are the enforcer of the Council's laws. I think, at the very least, you ought to be given the explicit authority to separate disruptive individuals - regardless of their station. As much as I like Crowley, he crossed a line. Bahlam picked a fight and Crowley jumped in to defend an ignorant newbie. That doesn't sit well in my book."

M
    Matrixchild

July's eyes lit up with understanding. He knew from their last conversation that they were on the same page, but this only confirmed it. "Yes. We must show them what is acceptable. Only those who wish for chaos will claim we such things. There needs to be stronger enforcement ability, stronger punishment, more determent from what is unacceptable. My only concern is who would agree with us? Two men alone can't stop this madness." He knew order was necessary but he worried there may be too much resistance...at least without the right allies.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.