Ended
Watch

Downtime

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    E
    Ermac

"I honestly don't know why either," he replied. "I can only guess it was my own subconscious restrictions. Primarily, I'm not athletically inclined...but, like everything else in life, that can change."

Spotting another red light ahead he eased up on the gas to slow down just enough for the light to change to green. "To quote the stereotype, "honorable but they serve an outdated agenda," Ermac answered. "However, I've learned that is not the case at all."

Gradually accelerating, the Obrimos maintained a moderate speed, "The Arrow, as I've come to learn, is similar to the Sleeper militaries. Training for combat. Fostering comradery. Development of skills and strategies. And if necessary, disciplinary action."

Casting a glance to his passenger, "Like when Striker was made to swear on the Supernal. I don't know the intricacies of that, however, I know that swearing an oath is not something done lightly."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"That's only the surface," Avis contradicted, an edge of ire entering her voice. "Unfortunately, since most people only look at the surface, that's why there's so many misconceptions like that that lead to stupid ass statements about us serving an outdated agenda. Which is beyond fucking ignorant in my opinion, because our agenda is the same as that of every other member of the Awakened Nation: fight the Lie and protect the Truth. That includes fighting the physical servants of the Lie, yes, and the best way to do that is to become martial, but that's not the whole of the Adamantine Arrow. The whole of the Arrow is the Adamantine Way, our guiding philosophy.

"The piece of that philosophy that you saw a glimpse of with the Oath is what we call the Second Phalanx, or second principle, which is that 'Enlightenment is Honor,'" Avis continued to explain, her tone calming as she spoke. "Essentially, to put it in a nutshell, that means that being true to your duty and to your beliefs in thought and action is the path towards true understanding. One of the beliefs is the Fourth Phalanx, or fourth Principle, which is that the 'Supernal is the Self'. Essentially, that belief is that we aren't just conduits of the Supernal, but are actually pieces of it ourselves, and so to harm ourselves is to harm the supernal, and to strengthen ourselves is to strengthen the Supernal. Thus if we break an oath we're not just dishonoring ourselves, we're hurting our selves by occluding our understanding of our soul, and thus the Supernal, and thereby strengthening the Lie and damaging the Truth. That's why it would take an especially stupid Talon, or especially exceptional circumstances for a Talon to every break an oath...

"Does that make sense?"
    Avis asked after a pause, turning a quizzical look on Ermac. "I mean, you don't have to agree with me, but, um, where should I clarify?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

3. Likes West liked this post
    E
    Ermac

It was a surprise to hear so much about the Adamantine Arrow. He shook his head, "I understand. I very much appreciate what you've shared. Before that I only had a scant trace of what it was."

A slight hint of disappointment followed. "I've noticed that people only look at the surface and don't bother to drill deeper. Rare that they do. It's easier for them to sit back with closed minds."

"The Free Council has a similar philosophy regarding The Lie. "Destroy the followers of the Lie." The problem with that is everyone's definition of what constitutes a "Follower of the Lie" is different." A pause elapsed, "Shithead Seers and Bastard Banishers are obviously included."

He reflected in silence thinking on the Second Phalanx. It was an interesting concept to him. "The Supernal is the Self," he repeated with appreciation, "With Awakened being living shards of the Supernal, that makes a great deal of sense. We're capable of altering reality just by wishing it to be changed, so there's a sizable aspect of truth in that."

E
    Ermac

Ermac gives Avis a Cayce worthy bump!

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Huh?" Avis blurted, blinking back out of the confines of her skull.

"Oh, shit, sorry. I just...was thinking of what would help explain more and I kinda got sidetracked down another path," Avis explained, a hand reaching up rub the back of her neck.

"Basically, more than combat, more than anything, the Arrow is about philosophy. The Adamant Way isn't a long code. It's five sentences. But within those five sentences are countless interpretations. Countless reflections of Truth. In order to be a Talon you don't need to be athletic. You need to be some supernal murder machine like Asp. All you need to be is dedicated to following the Adamant Way and constantly interpreting and apply it to your life. As you do that you'll become what you need to be."

Sorry, Shen! Didn't want to make a crap post, but anything is better than nothing IC.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

E
    Ermac

"I saw nothing." Ermac grinned seeing Avis space out for a moment. The mention of Asp brought a small smile to his lips. "She was a devoted Talon. I didn't get to hang out with her much but we had good times."

Reflecting further on the Adamant Way, "That sounds very cool. Refining and honing one's self into perfection." He nodded a few times and commented appreciatively, "I like that ideology."

Shifting his eyes around the area, "Not to throw you off track, how much farther till we get to the spot?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Just around that corner there," Avis said, gesturing at a street two blocks down.

Sure enough, as soon as they rounded the corner the old warehouse came in sight, a gutted structure that was all sagging walls and warped metal supports, jagged bits of glass dotting the windows like the fractured teeth of some demented beast. A chain link fence ringed the structure, a line of barbed wire hovering above it, yet not twenty feet away from where they parked was a hole that had been cut into the fence.

As soon as the car pulled to a stop, Avis popped the seatbelt and scrambled out from the cage of the car, the bag of spray paint clutched in one hand. Her movements slowed as soon as she was in open air. There was no need for urgency now that she was free again. Still, there was no reason to stand around, so she shot him a brief smile and then set off to duck through the rip in the fence.

Stepping across the threshold of a gaping loading dock revealed a mural that stretched hundreds of feet of in every direction, countless artists' having showered their vision of pigment across the walls, and across each others work. A fantastic range of styles, from crude letters and phrases to repeating motifs and remarkably designed depictions of life and fantasy. It was the perfect place for two Willworkers to express themselves.

"So what do you want to paint?" Avis asked, turning back to face the former Libertine.

E
    Ermac

With the Mastigos's guidance, the car was parked and the Obrimos followed. He returned a smile of his own following behind her with his supplies.

Standing before the clashing colors and messages of the mural, his eyes roamed freely. At Avis's question, he had a response ready, "A sunrise." The Theurge smiled brightly. "A sunrise to chase away the darkness." The metaphor was as intentional as it was applicable to the situation with Consilium. "I don't care what anyone says. Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day." Pulling out his mask and a out a can of orange paint, he nodded to no one. Forming the image in his mind, he pulled the strap around his head. "What will you make?" his mask bounced slightly as he inquired.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

For many long moments the Talon was silent, contemplating the wall before them. Blotches of stained concrete loomed above the bright green and blue vistas of profanity that someone had sprayed across the wall, the phantom shape of a partially covered figure peeking out from the side of the colorful language.

"I think I'm going to paint the storm," she said finally, slipping black, blue, and grey out of her bag and setting them on the ground.

"A day is always more beautiful if a storm has passed..."

Great scene

11. Likes West liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.