DISPLAYED
VtR Questions and Scene Talk

Page 3 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

two Neonates with BP 1 squaring off against the Prince with BP 4, and her right hand lady who has been around since the founding of the site is simply suicide. If you're going to argue the laws of the jungle, a predator with BP 4 scares the hell out of BP 1. This is the equivalent of field mouse challenging a hawk. It's simply going to be eaten.
    Here's the thing, Predator's taint? it's not Nightmare. It only pings a fear check when you get surprised by an unexpected vampire, that's the only actual situation where the beast can seize control over you and force your into a fight or flight response outside of an actual Frenzy check. Predator's taint doesn't make you unaware of your actual combat ability, and in this case, both of the BP 1 vamps are excellent warriors, as other combat threads have shown.

Asa had to deal with neonates mouthing off all the time. At one point there was even a torpor closet for them and it got added to every court. Eventually it got so bad that he made the "don't talk to me unless i want you to talk to me" law so he wouldn't have to deal with mouthy neonates, and they still mouthed off to people. I'm arguing that this is how vampire society IS, and that in a room with four alpha personalities like this, when they aren't on the same page and neither side is interested in backing down, this is what ends up happening.

If blood potency alone was enough to cow younger vampires, then vampire society would be an entirely different beast. But elders are constantly worried that the younger generations are going to overthrow them and suck out their hearts. That's why they keep the neonates under their thumbs so much.
    Last edited by Benji; Aug 8th, 2018 at 03:41 PM.  Reason for Edit: another thought
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

2. Likes Psychangel, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    E
    ErlangShen

As for it being suicide for them to be barking (and really not biting) at the BP 4 Prince and the epicly powerful legend that is Twist, that's...kinda the point.

We wanted to see how basic xp vamps could fair against Twist of omg no how can you have that much xp?! roll dice, have fun, and when our toons die, (because lets be real, did anyone see Twist KO'ing Dirge with two hits? Or ashing Beefy with a whirlwind attack? She's fucking scary.) we just have to wait until vampire unfreezes and we can submit new vampires, and in the mean time we have other characters and ST responsibilities.
    Saber, I'm disappointed. Please, stop making excuses for poor decision making. If you wanted a cage match against deltadream , you should have asked, politely. It's time to learn from this experience.

1. Do not make trash toons.
    2. Characters that are just here to cause trouble, get pwned because everyone else has more XP are not interesting. It's a waste of everyone's time.
    3. No one cares about the troublemaker of the week.
    4. Organic drama is much more exciting than manufactured drama. There's plenty of examples of rivals going at each other, only to switch because their goals aligned for a brief period.
    5. If you really want PvP, ask the player, "I'd like for us to be adversaries. What do you think of this?"
    6. It's easier to ask for permission than it is to seek forgiveness.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

Man if "making trash toons" was a dealbreaker for the site, so many people over the site's history wouldn't have been able to play.

E
    ErlangShen

Man if "making trash toons" was a dealbreaker for the site, so many people over the site's history wouldn't have been able to play.
    As I have coined the term, I'll define it. Trash toon is a synonym for being a troublemaker with low XP and low expectations of lifespan.

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

BP3/Pre2/SL2:Wholesome/Pro3: Aspect of the Predator

Maybe next time I can actually have a nice conversation with Mable and then have another one! It's a little sad that's never happened. With Niamh things were just beginning of their relationship, and same with Izzy and Mable.
    Hopefully the next character will be one that Mable will be able to build a friendship with or at least a working relationship.
    Gangrel/BP3/Pro3/SL2:Wholesome
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

7. Likes Benji, liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

As I have coined the term, I'll define it. Trash toon is a synonym for being a troublemaker with low XP and low expectations of lifespan.
    Thats like 90% of the toons that have been made on the site in it's lifespan. Good, long term toons stand out because they're comparatively rare.

Also, I'd suggest that it's less "a low expectation of lifespan" and a realization that "the toon i made isn't a good fit for the IC/OOC culture that exists"

9. Likes liked this post
    E
    ErlangShen

Benji , you are beginning to take the current topic off the tracks. Let's stop here.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

I would disagree! Part of the topic is "you are just stirring shit to stir shit and it makes your toons bad toons".

What it looks like people are saying, to me at least, is that, out of four toons in a scene, only two of them should have to walk back their established characterization. No one seems to be suggesting that the Prince should decide that she doesn't want to push this situation to the point of open combat.

Everyone wants people to compromise, until they're the ones who have to compromise.

M
    Matrixchild

I'll just leave this here cause it's needed:

E
    ErlangShen

I would disagree! Part of the topic is "you are just stirring shit to stir shit and it makes your toons bad toons".

What it looks like people are saying, to me at least, is that, out of four toons in a scene, only two of them should have to walk back their established characterization. No one seems to be suggesting that the Prince should decide that she doesn't want to push this situation to the point of open combat.

Everyone wants people to compromise, until they're the ones who have to compromise.
    It appears to me that you have greatly misunderstood my point. Here's my source of reference.

As for it being suicide for them to be barking (and really not biting) at the BP 4 Prince and the epicly powerful legend that is Twist, that's...kinda the point.

We wanted to see how basic xp vamps could fair against Twist of omg no how can you have that much xp?! roll dice, have fun, and when our toons die, (because lets be real, did anyone see Twist KO'ing Dirge with two hits? Or ashing Beefy with a whirlwind attack? She's fucking scary.)
    we just have to wait until vampire unfreezes and we can submit new vampires, and in the mean time we have other characters and ST responsibilities.
    The narrative began with "Izayoi wants to Blood Bond herself to Takeda." Now it is, "Let's jump Twist with our less than 50 XP toons." Benji, please, reread the thread. I will not respond to you until you have a thorough understanding of the thread.

Page 3 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread