Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
First Council Meeting

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Sasha

L’aire was essentially a bit stressed over the planning of the Council meeting. The first Council meeting that she volunteered for. She wondered if she was going to regret it later. But, to her, the Blue Note was safe, especially for the Winters.
    The Fairest didn’t cook, that was perhaps well known, or they’d soon figure it out. Along one side of the bar was a meat and cheese tray, veggie tray with dip, fruit tray with dip and some pretty bakery items that seemed to look delicious from the nearby bakery.

Wearing a white lace sleeveless top and black slacks, the two Fairest moved the large round table out near the bar. Chairs were circled around it a sort of Arthurian feel. But, this way seemed best to L’aire, as for now, even with newly appointed positions, they were still peers amongst each other.

“Drat, I forgot paper.” The Fairest looked over to the bar. “Brought pens though.” It was probably evident to Harvey that she was a little nervous, but for the most part, the Onyx appeared to keep her cool.

Lynn Mills

"L'aire", Lynn smiled at the Fairest as she walked in the door. "Thank you for agreeing to host our first meeting." She shifted her fiddle case on her back as she glanced around. "Is there anything that I could do to help set up?" She fiddled a bit with the end of a braid and smiled a bit conspiratorially at the other woman.

"Are you as overwhelmed with all of this as I am?"

S
    Sasha

All that the Fairest was currently nervous about was the set up of the Note. “I’m uh, well, overwhelmed isn’t really the word, I guess.” L’aire leaned over the bar and slipped a maraschino cherry from the relish tray.

“There’s no way to know how or what will happen until it happens. Whether it’s something major or even minor.”

“Yeah, help me find some paper? We may need it, I don’t know. There may be some by the sound booth over there?” The Dancer pointed her long aquiline finger to the area surrounded by everything electronic. “I may have to ask Harvey for some.” The Shadowsoul was probably in the storage area.

“So why do you feel overwhelmed?” It was probably obvious, the Nightsinger was chosen by the Freehold to be basically the head of the Council. “Just keep in mind that we all voted.” Popping the cherry in her mouth, including the stem.

Lynn Mills

Lynn shrugged slightly, moving over to the sound booth to hunt up the requested paper. "I guess, because my actions no longer effect just me, you know?" She shifted things around without hopefully moving them too far out of place. "Before all of this, if I got in a spat with someone, it didn't really matter to anybody beyond those who were directly involved. And now, I'm not just Lynn, I'm also the Steward. People are going to depend on me to make sure that things are running smoothly, problems get taken care of, and the Monarch's wishes are carried out."

"Even the fact that we're transitioning over into a Council in the first place, it's something that's going to upset a lot of people. And we're the ones who are going to have to make sure that it's something that keeps the Freehold safe." She sighed, finally locating the requested paper and bringing it back to the table. "I just don't want to let anybody down."

Harvey returned from the store room quietly. Moving on silent feet he drew near the Emissary and the Steward with a pack of note pads in his hands. Too late, he offered: "Notepads," and stared at the stationary already laid out by Lynn. The Shadowsoul grunted in a non-commital fashion and slipped back behind the bar.

He remained there, idly cleaning some glasses, head cocked to one side with one eye on the chatting pair and one on the door.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus enters the Blue Note wearing a charcoal shirt and dark jeans. He nods to Harvey when he sees him behind the bar and raises a hand to L'aire and Lynn as he walks over to them. The elemental eyes the paper and pens on the table rather dubiously once he joins the darkling and fairest.

"Alright? Should I have brought a notebook?"

L

"I certainly hope not." Because he hadn't brought one either.

The Magistrate's dress shirt, left open at the collar, was a slate gray that complimented the hue of his skin and feathers. At least that's what Terri had told him once. He was willing to trust her expertise on the matter. As his own knowledge when it came to fashion was...lacking.

Entering the establishment just in time to catch Marcus's question, Rick takes the place in at a glance before moving over to where the rest of the Freehold's new council was assembling.

S
    Saeyer

The Archivist was running a little behind schedule, but she didn't think she was too late as she slipped into the Blue Note. At everyone was still standing. She'd made a small effort to be formal for the gathering, in her nicest pair of black jeans and a dark orange tunic-dress that was belted at the waist, though her hair left a telltale ring of damp that ruined the effect a little. Unslinging her bag as she crossed the room, she flashed a broad, toothy smile at the assembled group. "Hey, folks. Good to see everyone." She wasn't relaxed, exactly, but she took some amount of comfort in the seeming similarity between her old title and the new, additional one.

Spotting the pens and paper on the table, she lifted a battered black notebook from her bag and set it at one of the seats. As Archivist, she had imagined it might be part of her job to keep track of what they discussed; if not, she still wanted a record for herself.

S
    Sasha

As Marcus and Rick filtered in, she saw Harvey emerge out of… well, wherever it was the Shadowsoul had been. She’d nodded to him, but it was already too late as Lynn had found some anyway.

The Fairest stopped by the Nightsinger, her Mantle cold making touch to Lynn’s upper arm cool but in a warm way. She whispered, “Breathe, you will be fine.” The slightest of chill on her ear.

“No, no need, really. I just thought if someone wanted to take notes for themselves or whatnot that it was available in case. I had pens, Lynn found some paper laying around.” More so for her sake, often the Onyx would make a note while others were talking so she didn’t forget a point she wanted to make.

“Heya Ava.” Grinning to the Nix as she entered as well. “Good to see you too.”

Her violets looked toward the door again, but still there was one missing. “I think we’re still waiting for Ramona Bohannon . I picked up some snacks or whatnot.” L’aire’s arm fluttered toward the bar.

Lynn Mills

Lynn smiled wryly at L'aire as the other woman passed her and made her own way to the table where the others were. She'd take the woman's advice and try to relax a bit. At least it wasn't like they were defending themselves against Fairweather right away. They had some time to prepare.

Taking in the others, she realized that she was the only person who's new duties didn't line up with something that they'd already been doing.

Relax. Breathe.

Lynn set her shoulders and smiled at the rest of the Council, greeting them all in a soft voice. Picking up a notepad and pen, Lynn made her way to the table and choose a seat at random, sinking down and laying her fiddle at her feet.

"I hope that there are not any emergencies that have come up since the Summer Coronation?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread