Ended
Watch

(1509) Small Disagreement

THREADID
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein leads Emrys away into a corner, as far from the rest of the group as she could get. She spends a moment putting up a barrier against escaping sound - wouldn't want anyone listening in too closely, after all. Just in case some things are said. It takes two tries to pull the magic into the correct configuration, her annoyance getting in the way of perfectly maintaining the magic.

Finally, with that done, she turns on Emrys. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Control Sound P3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-10 11:28:52 Einstein rolls 4 to Control Sound (Gnosis + Forces - 1) (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 10, 8 3 successes
    2015-09-10 11:28:27 Einstein rolls 5 to Control Sound (Gnosis + Forces) (10 Again) 7, 4, 7, 4, 2 failure

Emrys

PRE

Emrys followed Einstein wherever she led. Admittedly indoors was better since she now had curious eyes to keep her from doing anything over the top, but Emrys just nibbled on the hoagie as the Blank led him to the back of the lorehouse.

"What do you mean?" The Syndic said quirking his head to the side. "I'm putting the lorehouse to actual use instead of letting it sit for seven months with no use or application except for the rare occasion we have a get together of all three Libertines."

He looked down at his sandwich and took a bite, returning his gaze to the eyes of his disgruntled Voter. between bites he even managed to mumble out a response. "Why? Wha' did 'ou think I 'as 'oin?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"What do I think you're doing?" A smirk appeared on her face, the kind that appeared when someone thought they had someone else right where they wanted them. "Let me tell you."

"I think you, like Ermac, have assumed that being Syndic automatically makes you a Strategos. I think that you allowed someone who has mentally attacked one of our own, and someone who has deserted us and turned his coat, right into our heart. Worst of all, I think that you did all of this without so much as asking the rest of us if, just maybe, we had some sort of issue with all of this."
    Her eyes bored into his.

Emrys

PRE

Emrys's shoulders slumped a little as Einstein went on. The tension in the air surrounding Avis and the new guy didn't help either, and it was clearly something that divided his attention.

"Okay, few things. It's not an uncommon practice to open the Lorehouse to the Diamond orders, not anymore then explicitly banning them. Since we didn't establish who, if anyone, wasn't allowed to enter I thought it would be okay. Especially given the effort Crowley has put into his role as Herald to help the Consilium, so I thought a little goodwill wouldn't hurt. That being said, yes I operated on an assumption instead of confirming it with you guys and that was wrong for a Syndic."

"Of coarse all that is based on the false claim that this is in fact a Lorehouse. A Lorehouse is a repository of data, manuscripts, knowledge, etcetera etcetera, and so far we haven't used it for anything at all. This is not a Lorehouse, this is a warehouse we have a shared claim in and occasionally do lunch together in. It's not our Sanctum where we live, it doesn't have a Hallow or Library to give it value, it's an empty space you and Crowley are still hoisting onto a pedestal on the off chance the three people who have access to it might find it useful one day."

The Syndic shrugged the passive aggressive shrug many magi were slowly becoming acquainted to. "I thought it would be nice to see other people here actually using the space, but since you clearly object we'll vote on it. If you guys vote against future Consiliums here I'll remove the Lorehouse from the list of hosts. All I'd like to ask is that this particular meeting be allowed to continue, because the Assembly is going to get a serious bad rap if we host just to kick everyone out."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein wanted to slap him. Her hand stiffened and straightened, and she had to put legitimate effort into not reaching up and backhanding him. But Einstein still had a modicum of understanding about how people would react. If she hit Emrys, at the very least she'd get ejected. At worst, she'd get put on trial - or treated as an external, if Striker had his way. Of course, that didn't mean she couldn't be visibly annoyed. Especially given he had clearly thought "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission".

"The Lorehouse, is a Lorehouse once we start calling it that. Just because it doesn't look like one, doesn't change what it is, and the fact that you think that argument would actually work, is insulting. As for your issue with getting 'a bad rap',"
    Einstein leaned in, practically snarling, "do you think I really care? Maybe you should have thought of that, before you decided to go completely over the entire Assembly's head. Try again." The Blank wasn't completely unaware that Emrys would have Crowley's vote, and therefore the majority. She just preferred to not mention it.

Emrys

PRE

"Okay, fine, it's a Lorehouse." The hoagie spun around a bit as Emrys rolled his eyes. "It's still an empty space with nothing of financial or mystical value that's been used three times in seven months."

"As for the bad rap, I don't believe for a minute you're willing to throw away what Crowley has worked at for over a year as Herald and what I'm trying to do as Councilor purely because you're to selfish to put up with people you don't like once every five months for one night." His blank expression broke as a smirk started to form. "Actually, let's go vote now! I'm sure Crowley wouldn't mind hosting in the future if it helps the community as a whole."

Unless, you know, a certain member of said community just started lashing out pointlessly at said Voter. At least Star and Arthur were trying to help. "Um, maybe we should check that out before calling the vote? It seems kinda important."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein shook her head. "Just because nobody uses it, doesn't mean it's open season on using it. Abandoned buildings aren't being used by anyone, you still get arrested for squatting." Then, her head cocked to the side. "Fairly sure I've stated a few times that the Consilium is a failing institution. Why should I not want to ruin what you're trying to do, given that, since it's all wasted effort?"

"But, fine. Let's call the vote."
    Damn, he called it. Well, at least she got to voice her opinion. And hey, maybe Crowley would surprise everyone and side with her. After, all, he was getting pretty agitated, over in his corner. Speaking of...

Einstein didn't do anything but nod at Emrys, before sweeping away, towards Crowley and Avis and the other assembled mages.

Einstein returns to the main thread.

Emrys

PRE

Emrys mirrored the shaking of Einstein's head. He didn't get to make executive decisions about the Lorehouse but she got to make them about what was or was not a constructive use of his own time? Interesting argument.

When Einstein nodded he just tried to focus on their shared interest in resolving whatever conflict that was brewing around Avis and Bahlam.

Emrys follows Einstein back!

Closed Thread