Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

As obscene fricatives crackled off like a chain of firecrackers, feet angled toward the wave.

Those epithets? Means everything's Ay Okay over there.

Closer to Ermac, the logo on the t-shirt that topped khakis resolved into a cotton-tailed declaration.

"What's up, you guys? Anything good to eat?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    M
    Macabreengel

Bahlam's mouth fell open. Then his face turned red, his jaw clenched shut, and his hands closed into fists at his side. He took the packet being shoved in his face and looked at it. "Incarceration? You think saying the words 'Banishers' and 'GLO' quietly at a restaurant when no sleepers were around us is an incarceration level offense?" he nearly growled.

"It was a mistake. I admit it openly and freely. It's half the reason I was trying to apologize. But we both acted like jerks, not just me. And you certainly haven't done me any fucking favors. Was telling me that there was a chance I could take phone calls for you supposed to be the favor and chance to protect the community?" A vein was literally pulsing through the skin on his neck as he paused for half a moment. "And did you just threaten me for walking away from you? You are fucked up."

Then quieter, but no less intense,, "I have an Avis, let's see how you act when called on your bullshit."

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley appears, lopsided grin fastened loosely to his face, eyes slightly dilated and with a pungent scent of incense wafting off of him.

He takes in the scene, eyes fastening onto the echoing aftershock of Avis' skirmish with the new mage. Poor Bahlam. July is close at hand too. Sighing, the Herald deviates from his chosen path and moves to offer a modicum of support to the new Mastigos.

"Hi guys!" A vague movement of a hand captures both Bahlam and July. "Councillor Avis," an inclination of the head. Turning back to the two men, he continues: "Hey Bahlam, glad you found your way here. July here is one of those I told you about. He's a member of your Order."

After Star pointed out the nimbus flaring Einstein, Richelieu realized that it was indeed a place where they could speak freely. Unfortunately, it was also a place where the mages could get angry at each other freely, as indicated by the repetition of the scene between Bahlam and Avis. This could escalate quickly, possibly to a duel arcane or a trial.

He hesitated a moment, pondering whether he should intervene when Crowley appeared to give the young mastigos some breathing room from the councilor.

He then turned to Ermac, maybe it was an opportunity to mingle with someone new and discover a little about the place?

"If I may interrupt, I am called Richelieu on the Mastigos path. Nice to meet you. The young man discussing with Avis is called Bahlam, also on the path of Scourging. We both recently arrived in Sacramento though from different places."

He paused for a moment to give Ermac time to decide whether he'll accept to discuss with Richelieu or not.

Flidais doesn't see anyone she is itching to talk too, between the explosion that was Einstein and the quieter but fiery exchange between Avis and Bahlam, she was already getting concerned about the state and stability of the consilium. There was no alpha, at least no one worthy of the title, there was clearly not much respect for the position of councillor, whether that be those in the position or subjects of. Flidais thinks back, was it not also Avis who was publicly questioning Flidais' own dedication to magic and order? With a sigh Flidais decides that she probably needs to talk to Avis at some point, maybe she can get away with not doing anything this consilium though...
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Cast on Arrival | Sight(3suxx)/Shield(1sux)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-11 11:05:44 Truce rolls 4 to cast Shield improvised - Mental Shield outside Lorehouse [Gno+Mind] (10 Again) 5, 1, 3, 8 1 success
    2015-09-11 11:03:33 Truce rolls 8 to cast Sight Rote - Third Eye outside Lorehouse [WIT+Emp+Mind] (10 Again) 7, 7, 8, 6, 10, 4, 1, 9, 7 3 successes
    -1 Mana for non-ruling Improvised

Truce arrives by car, wondering if he had the right address. The Lorehouse didn't appear as anything spectacular as the Museum or Circle or Bismark, but then looks could be deceiving. He carries with him a folded robe which he promptly dons after entering the building. It is a deep violet robe edged with brown with clasps of lead to hold the robe around his person. It had been a gift of his Order which he wore with pride. Still, he realizes he is still traversing the Elemental Pilgrimage, but he wishes to be marked for his journey.

Moving deeper into the structure, Truce surveys the current arrivals, noting a couple faces he is unfamiliar with. But perhaps the strangest sight is of Einstein having made a surprising return as Gandalf, speaking to Emrys in the corner. Perhaps it is the fact that the Libertines are hosting the event that has drawn his Cabalmate out from hiding.

There seems to be another heated discussion taking place between a group surrounding Avis, but it is no surprise to him. He decides not to get involved as the woman had made it clear her intention to express herself without censorship. Instead he walks over to the full table of refreshments and fixes himself a plate with a soft smile on his face.

Finding himself a seat, Truce eats comfortably while observing the goings on around the open space.

M
    Matrixchild

At Bahlam's response he thought for a second then said, "right. Guardians of the Galaxy guy." He remembered it because that's not the name he would have used. He probably would have just said they were in the same club. Before he could say more he excused himself and headed towards Avis was going for a decidedly different look today. It wasn't bad, certainly would work in some circles, just wasn't something he'd do. Before long though the two of them were yelling about...something he wasn't sure.

At Ermac's question July said, "I gathered from his text he's a guardian but I didn't ask any questions. I figured I'd meet him eventually."

Turning to Star he said, "I haven't tried anything yet, just..." but before he could finish Bahlam made it abundantly clear the faux pas he had made. July put his hand up to his face in embarassment. A new guardian comes to town and he's even less subtle than July was, and that's saying something. Still looking at Star he said, "if he's a guardian he must not have gotten very far." That was all he needed to say about that. He would look the other way, focus on conversation and ignore the fact that Bahlam was making a huge ass out of himself. At least until Crowley pointed July out specifically. More great comparisons for the guardians.

He listened to Rich tell Ermac information he had already learned, or at least could figure out and so he didn't reply.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Libertines hosting Consilium seems like irony or an inside joke to someone. But none of the Libertines seem like hipsters. Stepping out of the cab Arthur pays in cash and walks the last few blocks to the address. Huh, welp different strokes for different folks right?

Walking in, the drinks get looked over from afar. Maybe a drink before things start wouldn't be too much. O Gandalf...wait Gandalf. Einstein and Emyrs, sorry man. If shit hits the fan sure. O hey shits hitting the fan already. Good thing Crowley got here sooner. Arthur throws a heads up nod to his fellow Herald before taking a look around the room. Wandering over to the drinks Arthur finds one that should be strong enough before looking over the warehouse.

Unseen Shield, Read Matrices
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-11 18:32:48 Arthur rolls 7 to Consilium - Read Matrices (10 Again) 4, 4, 8, 4, 6, 2, 8 2 successes
    2015-09-11 18:32:32 Arthur rolls 7 to Consilium - Unseen Shield (10 Again) 9, 5, 10, 3, 3, 3, 4, 2 2 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

So Kitty thought he had claws, huh? That got Avis to grin, though the expression died a short death as the manic Herald inserted himself into the conversation. After his outburst towards her at the memorial bonfire, she wasn't surprised he was the one coming to ruin the conversation.

"Herald," she replied, a small attempt at diplomacy. "Kindly move your feet that-a-way. Ok? Great, thanks."

Now, back to the matter at hand. Let Crowley stand there and listen if he wanted. She wasn't the one that had named her own punishable mistake in public. She'd at least tried to be somewhat circumspect, and not actually say it, but clearly Kitty didn't think he'd done anything wrong.

"Alright, let me explain the situation to you again, Kitty, from my perspective. You start talking about Banishers and GLO in a public restaurant absolutely filled with Sleepers, and with Sleepers walking by willy nilly, waiting tables or going to the bathroom, or whatever. Now, if a Banisher was in the house, or a Seer, you would have fucking made us. Like, we had spells on, sure, but they wouldn't have known what camp we belonged to until you opened your pretty little mouth. Oh, plus, again, the area was filled with Sleepers. If I hadn't jumped down your throat, if I hadn't gotten your attention then you probably would have said something that would absolutely earn you incarceration, so yes, that was my favor to you.

"As for Provost," she continued, "were I to ever be involved in a trial, or unable to attend a meeting, you would have become a voice on the Council, so also yes, that is a chance to help your community. That wasn't the chance I was thinking of, mind you, no that's the chance of finding a cabal and actually helping fight the Banishers, but if you want to fuck around instead, by all means."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

E
    Ermac

The Theurge smile at Star's approach. "There's sandwiches and the like available," throwing a thumb toward the spread.

The new Mastigos who introduced himself, "Hi there. Nice to meet you. I'm Ermac. Richie Lew is it?" he asked to clarify. "Welcome to Sacramento."

His eyes shifted to the fire building between Avis and Bahlam. A brow raised. Did he just hear her call the newbie "Kitty?" The emotional temptation to step in and diffuse to situation tugged at him. Bahlam was new. He was already batting way out of his league. Avis could charge Bahlam for violations of the Lex. Avis could also pull a Charles Xavier.

A case of Déjà vu creeped into his mind. He's just like Striker. Ermac knew better. He learned that he shouldn't make promises to "help others" he knew he couldn't keep.

Directing his attention to July, "Obviously," was all he had to say in response to the Acanthus's opinion of the Mastigos.

He waved to Arthur and Truce as the two entered, "Hey guys!" Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Flidais slip into gathering. "Hey Flidais."

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread