Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Parks are for the Birds

THREADID
    M
    Matrixchild

In between the trees and the pond, sitting at a quaint little black metal table, sat a Daeva, in a fine black suit, in a very relaxed mood. So often politics were the only thing on Marco's mind and that could get quite exhausting. He leaned back in his chair, his hands laced together behind his head, with his eyes closed and he just...relaxed. He would open them as someone past by, giving them a polite head nod and then back to his relaxing meditation. The break from Kindred politics was absolutely refreshing.

After several deep breaths, none needed of course, he leaned farther back and put his feet up on the chair in front of him. Zen would be the description of how he felt at that moment. A feeling of one with the world. Everything felt like it was going according to plan and if anything went against the stream well he'd just have to adapt.

It seemed that nothing could take him out of 'the zone'...

M
    MaximumPosh

The night air was filled with the sharp clacks of moderately priced business heels as Evangeline made her way along the sidewalk. The nearby park was usually deserted by now, as far as she knew - not at all suitable for hunting - but tonight she could make out a figure in the distance. Alone, most importantly. Curiosity got the best of her, and she made her way across the park grounds lackadaisically, like a newly fed cat who noticed a mouse. As she got closer, and the figure at a table became clearer, a familiar feeling began to well up inside her. A familiar anger. A familiar hatred. In just a moment she knew the nature of the creature before her. How easy it would be to erase his arrogant and unaware form from existence. How satisfying.

Her annoyance grew as she closed the distance between them. She did her best to repress her more violent urges and instead opted to cross her arms and call out, "Certainly you have better things to do than linger here. You don't blend in well." she tapped her foot obnoxiously, hoping to rouse the man from his idleness.

M
    Matrixchild

Clack, clack, clack. The sound took him out of 'the zone' and brought him back to the real world, though really he never actually lost focus, a predatory never really drops their guard. At the sound of her words the beast was tipped off and only intensified upon seeing her. How dare this woman chastise him for enjoying his time? She deserved nothing less than to be completely destroyed down to the last molecule. Only then would he be vindicated for her rudeness and the effect her beast had on his own.

Pushing the beast aside though he very much enjoyed the predator who stood in front of him. She had a beauty that made him fascinated in her, despite the fact that she gave off the impression she was seeking prey of her own. She would not find it in him.

He smiled a sly grin at her as he took all of her in. "Most times I'd rather look good than blend in. I wonder though, are you the better thing I should be doing?" Sometimes he could be absolutely shameless.

M
    MaximumPosh

The Kindred before her was confident - no, cocky - but it seemed to enhance the persona he was trying to project. He was handsome, in a traditional sense, but that wasn't very well served sitting in a park alone, at night. Unless he was looking for trouble in the first place.

His comment was crass, as expected, and nothing unlike what Evangeline was used to hearing, from her mortal life and still today. It didn't impress her back then, and even less today, when desires of the flesh gave way to the all-consuming red hunger. She simply shook her head and raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps you're hoping to be mugged, out here alone, dressed like that. Is that how you lure your prey? It's unbecoming of a gentleman." Her tone was mocking, but not harsh.

She already considered this city her home now, and that lent a sense of entitlement to her. And a desire to police those around her, for their own good, of course.

M
    Matrixchild

Marco pulled his hands from his head, crossing them across his chest and putting one foot on top of the opposite knee. "I have much more sophisticated ways of seeking out meals thank you very much. I was actually just out enjoying the night for once. Gentlemen are prone to enjoying things for what they are instead of fearing the unknown. But thank you for looking out for me, I would be lost without you. I may I repay your helpful concern?" He smirked as he returned the sarcastic tone right back to her. He had never seen her before and found it insulting that she would think she had any say over what he decided to do with his free time.

M
    MaximumPosh

She ignored his sarcasm, as it was expected given the circumstances. Rather than continuing a cycle of barbs and jabs, it was better to gather information. "You can repay me with your name, sir." Evangeline stated simply. "But I suppose for courtesy's sake I'll start with my own. Evangeline Graham."

To her, the man seemed quite flippant in regard to his own safety. The night is a dangerous place, even for those who stalk in it. Especially for them. Nonetheless, she would keep his disregard in mind, for it might come in handy, some day.

M
    Matrixchild

He was sizing her up. He didn't know anything about her but her nature and that she had a penchant for walking through parks for Kindred to chastise. A potential deputy perhaps? He would keep an eye on her progress in the city.

With a smile he gestured to a seat nearby. "Well Senora Graham, a pleasure to meet you. I am Marco Fernandez."

He paused for a moment as he waited to see if she'd accept his offer of a seat. "Now I'm assuming you didn't just come to the park hoping to warn me of the dangers of the night."

M
    Matrixchild

Marco sat there waiting for a response. He wasn't sure what was going through her mind but he was already annoyed with her. She started the whole conversation not with playful banter but by chastising him. He stood up and straightened his suit.

"Well then," he said politely with a smile, "if you're not going to have a seat, then I should be on my way. I was just taking a rest here but I believe I do have other things I need to attend to. Thank you for your helpful advice about safety."

He gave the woman a slight bow of his head then, without waiting for a response, turned and left for a much more enjoyable evening.

Marco leaves the scene

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.