Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Alone in a Car with Star

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Macabreengel

Shield 4, Sight 3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-03 20:52:32 Bahlam rolls 7 to cast Supernal Vision (Wits+Occult+Prime+HS) (10 Again) 5, 9, 4, 10, 2, 6, 8, 5 3 successes
    2015-09-03 20:52:20 Bahlam rolls 7 to cast Misperception (Manip+Stealth+Mind+OS+HS) (10 Again) 10, 9, 5, 3, 8, 3, 10, 5, 2 4 successes

Juan arrived early so that he could get a spot near the tree line. It turned out that he overestimated how popular the drive-in would be. He got out and put the tennis ball on the antenna of his car.

Is this what people having an affair do?

Looking around, he noticed that it was mostly teen couples and old people bringing small children. With a shrug he slid back into the car. As he adjusted the radio to get the signal, he checked the mirrors to see if anyone was approaching.

Hmmm... It would actually be pretty easy for someone to sneak up on me like this....

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

A light scythed though the night, a golden triangle pausing here and there, up and down the aisles.

Finally, it bathed the Nova in it's golden glow.

CRACK

CRACK

The metal case rapped on the window twice.

"Ticket?"

The bark came from a small-ish, thin-ish kid in a dark nylon windbreaker with large golden STAFF letters emblazoned across it.

Amazing what can be done with a three dollar roll of vinyl tape.

A ballcap pulled low confined an unruly gaggle of hair that billowed out below it.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Macabreengel

Is that tape? 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-04 06:39:33 Bahlam rolls 3 to is that tape? (Wits 3 + Composure 2 - Flashlight in face 2) (10 Again) 7, 6, 10, 8 2 successes

Juan saw the kid with a flashlight coming but was startled when he tapped on his window. Juan rolled the window down manually, thanks old car, and squinted through the light.

"My ticket? Yeah, uuhhh... I think it's here..." he starts to reach in his pocket then pauses. "Is that tape?" he asked, looking at the jacket.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"What? No."

Okay. Maybe.

"You, uh."
    Eyes flickered downward, and long fingers picked at the lettering. "Ummm. Annnnnnyways. You, like, here for the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' show?"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-04 09:38:39 Star rolls 8 to Dat Costume Dex + Crafts (10 Again) 1, 2, 6, 6, 5, 7, 7, 3 failure
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    M
    Macabreengel

A smirk crossed his face as he leaned across the passenger seat and unlocked the door. "Yeah, get in, unless you had someplace else in mind."

Seems awfully playful to be Epopt... A test? A decoy? Just the way he is?

Glancing in a window, Star could see the car was worn, but clean on the inside.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Nah, this is fine."

There are worse places to talk. Seerbucks. Pubs. All those places full of too many eyes and ears. It's not easy to walk up on a car that's got a fifty yard ambient spotlight on it. The passenger door thumped open and vinyl rustled as the new passenger settled.

"So, you new? I'm The Last Starfighter. Make words."

Hands squealed over the jacket fabric, rubbing at arms. Pricklies, yo. Take a peek? Sure, why not. If you play your cards face up, people are gonna look.

6 vs Vision 10 vs Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-04 19:35:28 [04] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 6, 1, 8, 4, 4 1 success
    2015-09-04 19:35:28 [03] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 7, 10, 10, 9, 9, 1, 7 4 successes
    2015-09-04 19:35:28 [02] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 2, 2, 8, 1, 8 2 successes
    2015-09-04 19:35:28 [01] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 10, 9, 7, 5, 7, 10, 7 3 successes
    2015-09-04 19:34:10 [04] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 10, 6, 10, 3, 2, 9, 9 4 successes
    2015-09-04 19:34:10 [03] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 8, 6, 2, 3, 1 1 success
    2015-09-04 19:34:10 [02] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 3, 7, 2, 2, 2 failure
    2015-09-04 19:34:10 [01] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Bahlam, Spell One (ID, Power, Mastery) (10 Again) 10, 5, 1, 3, 4, 5 1 success
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Macabreengel

The first spell revealed Bahlam's unique signature despite it following the preset pattern of a rote but little else. The second spell also gave up its owner but didn't stop there. Apparently Bahlam was still a beginning student of Mind.

"Yeah, newish at least. Still looking for a group but have met with Miach about that. Seems to have gone well. I can be a bit of a devil if you catch my meaning. We can probably speak plainly here right?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

Then after a pause, "Classic movie."

OOC

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"It was okay. You ever see 'Enemy Mine'? Almost like they used the same costumes, but, like, such a waaaaay better movie."

A bottle of Orange Gatorade appeared from a pocket. In the sealed cabin of the car, the plastic lid ratcheting off sounded like a string of firecrackers.

"Bro. We're, like, totally in a sealed car. So, like, I'm an Ohhhhhbraaaaamosssse."
    Devil? Yeah, caught that meaning. Some people know a thing or two about devils. "And, yeah. Since you are? Don't go all creeper on me or I will blast your eyes out. Not trying to be a jerk, just saying. Some of you are, like, I dunno. A little liberal. You know what I mean?"

It's Okay when it's We. Not Okay for This Guy. Let that settle in, while orange delish is savored.

"So, yeah, cabals are kind of a thing. As in, check the Official box, they're in the Charter. You read the Charter? You should totally read the Charter. And also, oooooooh,"
    a hand waggled out. "Banishers. Seers. The uze. If you go down to the woods today, you'd better not go alone! It's lovely down in the woods today, but safer to stay at home!"

Nothing says Banishers like the Teddy Bear Picnic song.

"So. Anyway. 'Sup?"
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Kelreth, Cayce liked this post
    M
    Macabreengel

"I haven't. I'll have to check it out."

"Yeah, I don't exactly make it a habit to break into others' minds. Is that a bit of a problem around here?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"No, I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of the charter yet... As far as Banishers go, I've heard about them from a number of people. I haven't heard anything about Seers though. Are the poppin' up too? BUT i guses the main reason I wanted to talk was to see if there was anything we were working on as guardians? Or if we have any agendas here? "

Seeing Stars Gatorade made him realize he was thirsty. Should have stopped at concessions. Oh well.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, no, like, I meant..."

Long fingers wrapped into a circle like a spyglass and held it up to one eye.

"I'll get you a copy of the Charter. Pretty basic stuff? Except Consilium, ummmm, seats, yeah, seats, positions, whatever, can only be held by people in cabals. What else. Oh. Right. Zilker is a Guardian too, but he kinda does his own thing. Everyone in The Golden Thread does. Watch out for Tyria. She spies on people and then blackmails them."

The hand fell, and fingers rippled across a thigh.

"Guardians? There's so few, we all kinda do our own thing. Rumor has it we had a Lab but that kinda disappeared when Ariadne and Bishop bounced. I think we have an okay rep here, I mean, lots of people don't like us for whatever, but not anything we've done here. In Sac. Well. Except the whole Dal Riata thing, but that's kinda blown over."

"Let's see. Cabals. There's Fateful Watch, they kinda sit around, all quiet like. Except Striker, who's a train wreck. Convicted on Secrecy twice. Then there's Tem.... Temma... ummmm. Some French name. They're okay, except Crowley, the Herald, likes to talk smack about other people. I guess Einstein does, too, but usually with some legit reason. Not just hatin' to be hatin'. Then there's my crew, Veiled Threats, and obviously I think they're pretty cool."

Pause. Drink. That's an infodump, yo.

"Ummmm. Yeah. That's kind of the lay of the land."
    - Roald Dahl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.