Watch

You Call This a Pub?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ryoushi's jaw clenched as Molly basically ignored him, but he opted to not make a scene. He wasn't some boorish lout, after all. He refocused on Jerred, instead. "You too, then. We should talk." The 'later' was implied. He wasn't about to start forming a pack right now - it would be rude.

The Rahu's eyes moved to look at Shawn. He chose his next words carefully, even more so than usual. "It is true, but also sometimes many packs come together only because it is needed. The purpose, is to survive. No other is needed."

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas sucked on a tooth.

"Well naow. That no good. What will happen to your pack? Where do you Aegis folks hunt anyway?" His head turned slightly towards Bridger, determinedly looking away from the group by the bar.

M
    Matrixchild

Bridger paused for a moment and realized Chuck hadn't clearly defined their territory, or at least he couldn't remember it exactly. "Well I believe the Justicars gave us some space over by William A Carroll Amphitheatre. And to be honest I don't know. The only other packmate I got is a newbie who knows jack shit. Kind of a scaredy cat actually," he said taking another swig of his pint.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas gobbled the last of his beer, shook the can as if he expected to discover more, and set it down on the table. He grunted.

"Naow thats okay. Not enough green though, huh? Same with us. All the green is... tame. Youse hunted anything interesting down there? We's chased off some stupid herd that were messin' with the spirits out an airport - but that was, whut? South o your Aegis pack. Executive Airport or some shit. An ah's chase down a lone rat boy before he started being a problem. We's just gettin' established, yessir we are. They tells me our territory is an old hunting ground. Slick and Tony say so. Thems both long tooth's too - 'cause, like, theys were here long before. Thems knew the old packs."

He paused, face lighting up with a Eureka moment.

"Haw. Ah's a long tooth too! Heh! I gets here just after them Anshega came on swarming over the river an' burned everything!"

What a wonder, the Irraka had actually placed himself in the context of events for the first time.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Bump. I'll be opening a new Tur thread at the beginning of October so let's wrap it sometime before then. So no rush

V

Molly looks to Ryoushi again and her appalachian drawl comes out. "I'm in agreement that sometimes packs form just to survive. Still, finding a higher purpose always makes things feel as though they are actually likely to stick. Packmates who wouldn't die for each other aren't worth anything."

She looks to Aeneas over in the booth and raises her voice so he can hear her better. "You. You say you're a long tooth. Tell me some of the stories of these territories, if you'd be so kind. I'd like to start committing the histories of this place to memory." her tone is friendly but commanding.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

A vulpine grin spreads across Aeneas' face and if he detected the implicit nature of the command, he does not show it. Given the Irraka's general lack of wits, let alone social grace, it is most like he didn't even notice. He leans back in his seat, scratching at an ear, then his scalp. His raking hand might have crawled off some place else, but for once he is aware of what his limbs are doing and places it on the table, where his fingers drum in excitement.

"Theys tell me that a long, long, time ago this town belonged to them there Anshega. That they did with it what they damned well pleased. Well... the Tribe's don't like that. An' neither did the Mother, y'all. She sent one of them thar Cahalith to lead the vanguard or some shit and drive them Anshega out. Flames of Man they called him, or so ah hear. Now he died brave an' all with foes to the right and left of him. And more of our people came when they heard, like. And so the Anshega were pushed north of the river."

"An' thats the way its stayed ye see. Stayed till the coming of a tough sum'bitch called Grandfather. Him was a tough old bastard and he managed to get them Anshega to ally long enough for a big hunt. A hunt of the People. An' south of the river they come in great numbers, yessir. Like a big... steam roller... thang they came."

"The old packs were swept away and only a few of us held out in a dog park at the city's southern limits y'all. We didna even own a Tur it was so baaad. Had to shack up with some weird bird man fandango the like I ain't seen afore. Not that ah cared much 'cause I kept striking out and such. Not that ah found much."

"Now the Granite Watch Tower came out of that time - my pack y'all. Ahs think theys were others but they popped and shone and burst like sparks from a great fire ye hear. Few stayed until Slick and Firebringer (he is like the oldest wolf in these parts on our side; gone to the spirit wilds to hunt the big ass spirit game naow he has, so strong he is) put together a plan to take down Grandfather. They led us against them Anshega and we caught up to 'em at Grandfather's house. GRandfather was slain (Daniel Turner, him struck the killing blow. Him was one of Granite Watch Tower but he's since moved on). Without Grandfather's brains them Anshega fell apart and we kicked 'em back over the river."

8. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    V

Molly patiently listens to Aeneas' story with interest. If she has an issue with his particular style of speech she doesn't show it. "The origins of the pack The Granite Watchtower. It sounds as though your pack has been instrumental in holding the territories here. Please, tell me more about what happened afterward. Did any other packs come out of all of this?" Molly asks, taking a few steps towards Aeneas.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-28 13:39:45 Molly Daniels rolls 7 to Memorize Story [Intelligence + Composure] (10 Again) 10, 6, 10, 9, 1, 2, 5, 5, 10, 4 4 successes
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

M
    Matrixchild

Bridger gave a little chuckle at Aeneas' story, reaching over and patting the man firmly on the back. "Sounds like you've seen bloody near everything around here mate. I must say I wish I had been a part of fighting Grandfather. Anything to fuck up some Ansehga."

For the first time since he'd gotten to the city Bridger had felt like he'd found something close to a kindred spirit. Chuck and Chris weren't exactly his kind of wolf (not that he didn't like them), and neither were the other stuffy pubs here with them at the bar. "I bet you'd be fun to work wit."

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

At first, a shrug.

"Back then we's had Firebringer. Him and Slick went back a ways; and with Tony Ward they were all plannin' and stuff. It was them who put together the hunt for Grandfather."

Then Aeneas' brow furrowed and he began fidgeting with his cap, running his hand over his hair.

"Uh... Yeah... Haw. Err... What you mean, what happen' after? Slick (her's our Alpha) and Tony Ward (him's our rite master) sat down and talked. Tony was part of some old pack an' they held down town and stuff. So we moved to take that back. And we did, ya'll. I s'pose there should have been some other packs but they don't seem to last long, haw. I heard somethin' about a pack headed by some Chuck guy but ah never seen him."

He shrugged.

"Since comin' together to tear them Anshega a new one... um... we been low in numbers ye hear. Mostly People just drift through ye hear. An' then they go. It was just the Watch Tower and Chuck but ah don't know where they made their claim, ya'll. Don't even know if they still here."

He offered Bridger a sidelong glance.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.