Ended
Watch

You Call This a Pub?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    M
    Malatesto

"Think nuttin o it my friend. Simple sleights be easy to forgive, its the repeated ones that I find necessary to take corrective measures against," Shawn says to Ryoushi. Continuing to wipe down the bar Shawn's gaze shifts to the newcomer and he chuckles heartily at his words..."Free..... ah you're certainly welcome to this glass and the hospitality of this place... you're welcome t' my name given with open joy... Shawn McCusker at your service.... and you're welcome to my aid should you require.... but Free? Everything has its price in this life... Shawn looks into the distance for a moment and then refocuses on Jerrod. "Everything has a price that is paid at some point along the way. The price of time and materials to craft this here fine brew... ahhh that be one price... but there are others... The price we have each incurred to find ourselves here and now in this place.... The price of blood shed, the price of love lost, the price of brothers and sisters left upon the field, the price of lost land. The price of sweat and a life spent in struggle. Shawn pours himself a draught and holds it in the air. "Before we be slipping into anymore introductions, be they friendly or be there blood to shed this night, let us drink to the prices we have all paid, and the ones yet to come."

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

"Haw. Words of wisdom there!" Aeneas saluted from his corner, vulpine grin still stuck fast to his face. He shifted his position slightly so he could focus more on the bar - and the patrons clustered there.

M
    Matrixchild

Bridger was watching them all talk and seemed to notice a pattern, he was getting left out of their conversation, mostly since all they wanted to do was jerk around with introductions and the mention of packs.

Shawn then gave his whole speech about sacrifice and blood...from a comment about the price of beer. Typical fuckin' Irish. Always gotta bloody preach about something. Did these wolves truly know cost? ereedom wasn't free, anyone should bloody know that. But talking about cost and actually paying it were two different things.

He grabbed his drink and headed over and sat down next to Aeneas instead of forcing his way into. "Those four all be talkin' like they just got here. You on the other 'and seem to be just here for the fun like me." He grinned for a second before saying, "Now this just be a hunch...but what pack you with?"

V

Molly looks at Ryoushi when he asks her about a pack. "I have no pack to call my own at the moment. I was sincerely hoping I would find a group here that I would be amenable to. A group with a strong leader already, someone who deserves my respect. Or, a group where the strongest leadership would have to be decided amongst themselves."

Aeneas' comment about talons and lords making things interesting is not lost on her. She puts her gaze on him. "Ah, every tribe has its quirks, things that make them harder or easier to work with. Us Lords just want things done right, led by the correct person. It isn't that it has to be one of us, its just that usually we're the ones who have put the most thought into how leadership should go."

A pause, while Jerred introduces himself. "And then there are the ghost wolves. No clue as to personality or operating style there. I've always wondered why one might choose to live life outside of the benefits the banner of a tribe offers. What's your story Jerred?" there is a pause while she waits for him to answer, but whether or not he gets his story out in time, it is interrupted by Shawn's wordy speech. At the end, she raises her glass along with everyone else, but makes no reply.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ryoushi nods at Molly, contemplating her quietly. "Then we may want to speak further on the subject, sometime else. I have yet to find a family myself, and intend to assemble one." He nods again, then turns away. He notes Bridger walking away - thankfully - and looks at Jerred instead. A nod is all he offers to complete Jerred's greeting.

Shawn's toast is likewise met with silence, though Ryoushi raises his glass and takes a short swig, before putting it back down. His eyes drift across the others once more, and he repeats the question he'd already asked Molly. "And you two? Have you found a family to call your own?"

S
    Shard

That drink he’d just picked up got a good long look inside its depths as Shawn spoke of prices. Irritation stirred inside of him at the lengthy speech but he waited till it was done to take a swallow of the brew and a relaxed smile following that.

Turning to face Molly after the speech, another swallow of the brew is taken as he uses the few seconds to consider her and perhaps his answer as well. How much did he really want to explain. “Ghost wolves as we are, I imagine we each have our own separate reasons. I certainly have my own reasons.” Cutting off any notion of his desire to share his reasoning. “I knew a Lord or two from a ways back. One was quite the good friend.” A pause swirling his drink, deciding then to switch subjects.

“I haven’t been in the city overly long myself. Settled in a bit but…” a pause, weighing his next words, looking now more between Molly and Ryoushi, “I’m also without a pack atpresent. After some time I’ve found that wolves weren’t meant to run alone.” That last words admitted with a touch of embarrassment as if to admit he’d just figured out the difference between right and left or up and down. Obvious.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas beady little eyes slide across Bridger Jones for just a moment.

"Ah run with Granite Watchtower. Ye heard o' them, raight? We's claim downtown all the ways to the river; north and south. Them Reclaimers have the parks along the waters edge though." Sourness crept into his voice. Then he brightened. "Who you run with?"

A crabbed hand swiped his beer and bought it to his lips.

M
    Matrixchild

"Right now I be in Aegis of the Gauntlet, but sadly Chuck may be leaving the city."

He put his head down for a moment, holding in the emotion. Chuck had given him a shot and made him feel connected again, but now he had to go on his own way. "Trying to figure out what to do next actually, and nothing gets the brain juices flowin' like a right pint which is why I came here," he said, taking a big sip of his drink in front of him.

M
    Malatesto

"Aye ," Shawn says between sips of his pint. Those in our situation and lifestyle could find life difficult on our own, tis only natural for us to congregate together. But then again those sorts of groups often have a reason, a common purpose to tolerate each others company (a soft chuckle escapes his lips). And ever since I fled me home Ive not had a reason to dig my roots quite deep enough to find one of those reasons."

V

A look is given to those who have spoken. Nearly everyone in the pub, including the loud brutish man, is in need of a pack. Interesting.

She makes no further reply to Ryoushi or Jerred for the moment, and instead puts her gaze on Shawn. "You stopped here, you're working at this bar. You were eager enough for our company to shut the place down just to chat, and you're telling me you don't think you have a reason to forge connections?" she scoffs. "You're kidding yourself, and sometimes keeping the loneliness at bay is reason enough. I think we all ought to know that."
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.