Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

You Call This a Pub?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    V

Looking around the empty bar, Molly levels her gaze at Shawn. "So, you're new." It isn't a question.

Without turning toward him, Molly replies to Hamasaki. "Molly. Molly Daniels." She shoots another look around the empty bar before closing the distance between the two of them, and looks him in the eye, or as close as he'll let her. She extends her hand in greeting. Her tone is confident, assured as she finishes her greeting, "Cahalith of the Storm Lords. I didn't catch your name either." her Kentucky accent drawling.

There, that was it. If they were pure, she was done. She looks to Aeneas sitting in the corner with his pint. He seemed to get comfortable very quickly.

"I'm here by chance. I wanted an ice cold beer after my journey."

She regards the less than ice cold glass of red ale in her hand. It would suffice.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ryoushi nods at Shawn. "It is a pleasure to be meeting you, Mr. Shawn." He is deeply aware that 'Shawn' was probably a first name, but you work with what you have. "I was looking for more of our kind. Pubs, gyms, and places like these have many of us, often. So, not truly luck, no." The Asian man still doesn't touch Shawn's little homebrewed drink, instead opting to take a sip from his previously-received glass of water.

Ryoushi pointedly chose to ignore Bridger, not even sparing him another glance as the man continued to swear and generally act boisterously. Instead, he gave Molly a flat look, his eyes asking 'really?'. "Hamasaki Ryoushi, Rahu of the Suthar Anzuth. I had given my name, yes, you may just have not been paying attention. I arrived from Japan very recently. It is a pleasure to be meeting you, Miss Daniels. Where are you from?"

S
    Shard

Folk were sure pouring out of the bar at a good pace. Jerred glanced up at the sky momentarily, then down at his watch as if to doubt what the day was showing him. What bar closed this early, and these sorts of bars tended to be the ones open the latest. Curiosity tickled the back of his mind equally balanced with a bit of wariness. Things that didn't seem natural tended to not be so for some reason after all. As the folk filing out thinned he stepped closer to try and get a look in the window but it wasn't a view in the window that explained the situation. He could smell them - wolves.

That wariness and curiosity were mixing even stronger. The desire to meet his own kind with the caution of so many and who was to say if they would be happy to meet with him. Pure or a strange pack offered no guarantee of safety. Shaking his head slightly he already knew what he would do even if he did doubt the wisdom of it.

Jerred moved to the door, rested his hand on the door handle for a moment, gave it an assessing gaze as he checked his own ideas but the next moment his eyes were up, walking in with a confident stride and what started as more expressionless became a guarded smile as he let the door slip closed behind him. "Evening. Seems you lost a lot of customers real fast." Glib words spoken as he took in the look of those about him.

M
    Matrixchild

Bridger was a loud, and many times an obnoxious, man, but he could tell when he was being ignored. And he was just starting to like Hama. He didn't address the rudeness right away though, but focused on the more formal introductions. "Ah, so formal introductions it is eh? Rahu, Blood Talons as well mate."

Just as he was finishing his statement he tensed up again because another wolf had join their little gathering. What do people think this place is, Tur? He had just wanted to get shitfaced and now this place was becoming a whole thing.

"Oi, you. Let's not race around the doghouse. You're behind the game mate, so best get to the introductions." It wasn't necessarily meant to be rude, but the night had become a circle jerk meet-and-greet and he wanted to get to the drinkin' again, preferably as a group, because drunken wolves are fun wolves.

V

Thank God.

The Kentucky accent in her voice is clear, she held eye contact if he'd let her as she answered Ryoushi. "Hamasaki, that's a neat name. Can't rightly say I've heard it before. I apologize if I didn't hear you, I was pretty distracted with all the new faces. Still, it wasn't very polite." Japanese, then. "I'm from the Appalachian mountains. I've lived in Kentucky all my life up until now."

The loud swearing man also owns up to being Rahu Blood talon and Molly takes a moment to look between the two of them, noting their differences. Their kind has a broad range of types.

Jarred entering broke her concentration. She looks the guy up and down. More and more Uratha keep piling in. She'd picked this bar at random but apparently its not as random as she thought. "Hello, who might you be? I'm Molly. Molly Daniels." she leaves her auspice and tribe out of it this time, preferring to see if he'd take some measure of risk, provided he didn't already know some of these others already.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

M
    Malatesto

Shawn wasn't much seeing any of the rudeness some of the others had been pointing out.. . or at least none in the ways the others pointed out, he thought. Back home it was taught a man knew when to wear his Sunday best and when to just sit and enjoy a beer and let the necessities of formality slide by, but the wolf sitting at the counter, Ryoushi, Shawn seemed to recall someone calling him, sure did hold strictly to his personal code of manners. Shawn knew the type though. Throughout the years of tending the bar he had seen and met almost the entire spectrum of people and wolves alike. He had met the overly loud and boisterous Bridger's, the quite and reserved Molly's; constantly on edge, almost daring someone to overstep in the hopes of proving she was not weak. He'd conversed with the Hama's, seen them hold so tight to their rigid codes, encasing themselves with it like an armor, sometimes failing to see the forest for the trees, while all the while holding everyone else to their impossible standards. Shawn simply leaned back, continuing to wipe down each bottle in turn, letting the wolves before him play out their comedic dance of introduction and ass sniffing.... ahhh a new comer, he thought to himself when Jarred entered. How will this new cub fit into the dance? Will he tango or perhaps cha cha, take Bridger as a partner or perhaps led Hama lead? He chuckled to himself without expressing any of this, reached under the bar to grab another pint, fill and sit on the bar in preparation of Jarred's order, using the pint fill and placement on the bar to mask the true movement of leaning close to Ryoushi 's hear and whispering only just loud enough for Ryoushi to hear..... "It might ba true I didn't introduce myself sooner, but from where I be from, a man offers another a drink you best be a drinkin or take tha serious risk of insultin a man's honor... ya know refusing a gift en all... hospitality en such ... specially one crafted from me own two hands... just a polite pointing out en all. ... oh by tha way perhaps it best if ya noticed me not speakin all this allowed so tha I not be callin ya out en front o tha others." He leaned back after this, his infectious grin never having left his lips, never hinting for a moment anything was wrong or out of sorts, hands instinctually taking up the cloth again and wiping the bar even though it displayed not a spec or hint of needing it.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Bump

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

As Shawn leans in, Ryoushi leans to match, his jaw setting. After Shawn finishes talking, he takes a second of thought, then nods. "Of course. Apologies, my friend. No insult was meant, but no excuse is enough." The Rahu nods respectfully and takes the drink that had been placed in front of him, taking a clear, long sip, right in front of the Cahalith. Then, he drops the glass, now about a quarter-empty, back onto the bar, grabbing a napkin and wiping his mouth quickly.

Ryoushi's eyes drift to Bridger, acknowledging their shared Tribe and Auspice with a nod. "Perhaps someday we should speak more." The words spill out quickly, and then he was moving on again. Clearly, the two Rahu were not similar - but perhaps that would not prevent them from working together.

The newcomer catches his eye next. "I am Hamasaki Ryoushi. What is your name?" The smell of the wolf is strengthened even more with his arrival, though that might be a trick of the air. Either way, Ryoushi maintains a certain level of care.

And then, finally, the woman. "So then, you are a new arrival. Have you yet found a family to call your own? A...pack?"

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas slouched in his newly claimed seat in the corner. His perspiring beer had been placed on the table close by his left hand. His right served as a prop for his head, which was turned to where the group of wolves - mostly unknown wolves - gathered. He watched, his vulpine mouth a studious line, lips peeled so they hinted at his uneven teeth.

"Talons and Lords. Naow dat should make things interestin'. Heh!" he clucked to himself, listening as their conversation drifted across the empty bar.

S
    Shard

Jerred listened quietly for a moment as the others spoke, and most offered him their own names. A relaxed smile stays on his face, eyes hopping quickly from one to the next. He’d come in wearing a coal grey polo shirt with an off-brand pair of jeans that appeared in decent condition. Close observation, or paying attention to the scent might notice a few errant dog furs that cling to them. The boots he wore appear to be broken in the way the leather bends easily.

His muscles wanted to tense at all the strange wolves but he worked to keep them relaxed, calm and confident. “Jerred Dauner.” What the hell. The drink looked good. He strode in away from the fast exit and reached for the drink that had just been poured, “Irraka, Ghost wolf.” Calm movements but he felt like twitching with too many strange wolves watching him. Well, to be fair, it was obvious he wasn’t the only new guy in here.

“I was trying to figure out,” more glib words, “If I’d missed out on the advertisement inviting all wolves to free drinks night or some such.” It felt like forever since he’d been around others of his kind. It was somehow both strange and perfectly natural merged together.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.