Watch

You Call This a Pub?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas stares at Hamasaki, then shrugged and took the offered hand.

When he noticed Bridger's stare, Aeneas beamed... and nodded his head briskly in recognition.

The Irraka's eyes opened slightly in surprise as more wolves appeared. "Haw! Where y'all been? Hidin' more like, ha! Hows 'bout we claim that corner over thar. Wall will cover two of our sides, yessir! We can keep our eyes peeled for trouble and we won't be disturbed while we parlay. Parlay..." He giggled.

Digging into his wallet again, Aeneas cocked his head to one side as he made some mental calculations and deposited a small stack of bills before the barman. "Another round. Haw! Fer me an' ma friends." With his free hand he gestured to the little company.

M
    Malatesto

Shawn stops the waitress as she rounds the bar, seeking to fulfill the new wolf's order, "Susan Ill take care of this, why don't you take the rest of the evening off?" She looks at him quizzically but quickly recognizes the look another service industry person gives when trouble is around the corner. "Im sure Phil wont mind (the owner)" and he slips a small wad of twenties into her apron to compensate for the lost tips he knows she can ill afford to lose, especially with two kids at home and no man to speak of. She removes her apron and exits the bar into the rear alley without another word. Shawn breathes a deep breath and sets about drawing a fresh pint, secretly wondering how this is all going to play out.

Before distributing this newly drawn draft to the new wolf, Shawn raises his voice above the low din of the bar and calls out, "Bars closing early tonight folks, something just came up . Yes I know you haven't finished your drinks and I'm sorry but these things happen." Yes Dunny, "[/COLOR] he utters towards one patron who voices a complaint, "Ill give you your next round on the house, and Im very sorry." He quickly rounds up the few patrons that are slow to get to their feet, ushers them towards the door, and flips the sign to closed. Yet he dosent lock the door and even more curiously he takes a white marker from his jeans, one that he had been using to label kegs earlier in the evening, and draws a particular symbol on the outside of the glass door. (*Anyone with the proper knowledge will know that it is a Storm Lord mark of Invitation stating there are wolves nearby , in this case inside, and that any are welcome to join without fear of reprisal or rebuke*)

On his way back through the maze of low, greasy, dark stained tables, he deposits the freshly drawn, warm pint of amber ale at the table of the new wolf and returns to behind the bar, casually removing a white linen towel from his waist band. He dosent utter a word of explanation concerning the early closing, he figures the old cliché of 4 wolves walking into a bar, several new comers, might be explanation enough. His body language is very relaxed but inside he is tensing to see what the next move might be and who would make it. The bigger British fellow seemed a bit sure of himself, while the quiet Asian gentleman seemed like a guillotine poised to fall, and the other two were wild cards.

While some level of shifting the background is ok this is extensive and doesn't give the other players time to react. As such I'm pulling back to just as Shawn tells everyone that the bar is closing for the night. This gives everyone time to react without just closing the thread because hey the bar is closed and no one (ie the other Werewolves) knows why. -Kel

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Hamasaki retracted his hand from Aeneas' after they shook. He watched the Irraka with a small frown, then turned to Bridger. "Yes, that does look to be true." The words came out softly, only barely aimed at the british man.

The smell of Uratha had grown pungent, now. With five...no, four, as far as he could smell, in close proximity, it got everywhere around Ryoushi. Hopefully these weren't Pure. He turned to the newest arrivals, and nodded a greeting to both of them, stretching out his hand to...no one in particular. Whoever took it first. "Hamasaki Ryoushi." Then, what the Irishman was saying broke through and he hesitated. "It is time to leave?" His eyes swung to the clock. "It is very early, no? I had hoped to...meet, these others. Could it not stay open a little bit more?"

M
    Matrixchild

One after another after another. Did the pub have a sign out front that said 'All Wolves Welcome' or some shit? A wolf in the back working the bar, a woman to the side watching and waiting. He didn't have to look in their directions to know they were there, the smell was enough. Good thing a human's sense of smell was shite because we were reeking up this place. He listened to Aeneas talk and said, "I ain't exactly the hidin' type. Can't keep this beautiful mug secret for long," he said with a laugh. At the mention of moving to another table Bridger said, "sounds like a fuckin' ace idea mate," and he went to get up when one of the new wolves announced the bar was closed.

A chill ran down his spine. Were any of them Pure he wondered? He had the distinct feeling he had entered an action movie and just as the last person walked out the door the fists would start flying. Strangely he was more annoyed with the announcement than excited for the possibility of a fight. He vaguely heard Hama's questions when he himself responded angrily. "Oi, I'm fuckin' drinkin' 'ere. I don't know what's going through your fuckin' meat keeper," he said, pointing at his own skull, "but if you cock up my fuckin' buzz," shaking his finger towards the wolf for effect, "I will jam your 'ead so far up your arsehole they're gonna have to send a fuckin' search party to find it." Bridger wasn't usually a fan of change and the situation was changing much too quickly for him, so he had to make it clear who he was. He had just come in for a bloody drink after all.

V

As Shawn passes the beer to Molly without a word to her, she just smiles at him. She'd react aggressively but she'd seen him slip the other server some money before sending her home. "Thank you," she offers as she reaches for the pint.

Her thanks is interrupted though when Shawn announces the closing of the bar. Has she walked in on a pack of pure, happy for the chance to capture a forsaken? She leans her body over the bar top and accepts the pint midway, "Look, are you really sure you want to be calling down this kind of attention on this place, because it kind of seems like your livelihood depends on it staying open."

Too bad this isn't Kentucky, where the loss of a job could be more persuasive.

She looks to Hamasaki as he asks if the bar could stay open longer, he seems to be a new arrival as well. Maybe not a pack of Pure, then.

Bridger gets extremely aggressive, so before Molly can make any kind of reply to Hamasaki she regards him. Him also objecting is comforting to her. Still, he seems violent. "Sir, please. I'm absolutely certain there is more than one bar in the entirely of Sacramento. Although it does seem this place attracts a specific sort of clientele."
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

M
    Malatesto

Seeing the confusion on the Asian wolf's face and the others Shawn's leans in, both hands on the bar, one gripping his linen cloth...." Oh don't ya be thinkin the four o' you are walkin out o here jus because I be a closin early. Tha announcement be for .... less jus say my more normal clientele....iffn it be making ya more comfortable to be keepin things open ... Well then thas just what we will do .... But in the ol country when the adults be needin ta talk well then tha children were sent away... and I figure the four o you and who knows how many more be walkin in t'this bar might jus be a thing o coincidence, but if I know me Mother at all I'd be sayin its not. So perhaps tha children might best be sent to play. O' and besides tha drink will not be dryin up anytime soon, I just finished my latest batch o that lovely red ya have before ya, and I'd say tonights a right fine night for tha breakin o bread and tha tellin o tales."

Shawn stand back upright and goes back to wiping down the bar. Confidently and casually going about the rhythmic duty of purging the bottles of fingerprints. A smile touched his face and parted his lips and a complete nonchalant attitude graced his shoulders.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas initially stiffened as the announcement rolled across the bar. He turned, eyes narrowing. The look remained even as he slowly processed the information.

"Oh ahs gets it... Ye be hostin' a private party by ma reckoning."

With that he padded over to the corner he had spied earlier.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ryoushi sends Bridger a sharp look. It wasn't exactly his job to discipline the man - Ryoushi wasn't Bridger's Alpha, after all, but hopefully the look would at least remind him to maintain some calm and decency. What did he think this was, a fight club? The Asian man's mouth stays quiet, however. Disciplining Bridger in public would end worse than what he was doing now. A quiet word to his Alpha at some later date would do. At least allow the Wolf's "family" to fix the problem internally, and avoid any shame from an outsider doing it for them.

His eyes return to the bartender, and soften slightly. "Of course. It would be good to take away ears that could hear. It is a good idea." He nods once, completing his approval, and turns to the last person he has yet to talk to. His hand stretches out once more, still unshaken. "Miss. You have not yet given your name." His eyes bore into Molly's, making clear exactly how rude he thinks that is. Then, they flicker to the Irishman again. "And neither have you."

M
    Malatesto

"Well beggin me pardon, between pourin tha drinks and tha whole gettin ta work and findin tha four of you gracen me presence I must have forgotten me manners. Names Shawn" He wipes his big meaty paw off with his white linen towel before offering it to the Asian man. "Wasn't expected to find t' run into so many of our people so soon afta arrivin. You'd think by now I'd come to expect our Mother's quirks. What brings you to this fine establishment on this fine evening. Cant be tha piss Phil serves on tap as thas not fit ta serve an inmate, and certainly it wasn't ta see me pretty mug .... or was it??" Shawn bats his eyes at the Asian man in his best come and get me impersonation. " Guess thats probably best as an open question t' that lot o ya. Blind luck t' find ya here at this place on this night?" He quirks an eyebrow up when he poses this question and proceeds to pour two extra pints, from which one he drinks and the other he sits aside in an age old tradition of leaving a drink for the "one" whose yet to arrive or the "one" that never will.

M
    Matrixchild

Bridger's general feeling in most cases could be categorized as not having nearly enough fucks to give if someone found his behavior inappropriate. He heard the 'critique' from the woman, but fuck her, they were still strangers so what did she know. He saw the sharp look from his new friend Hama, but what did that guy know, he seemed wimpy so far.

Bridger held his gaze at the one named Shawn for a moment. The man wasn't fazed, he wasn't bothered, he wasn't scared. Maybe he was strong. Maybe the wolf was just stupid. In response Bridger just burst into a strong hearty laugh and slapped his hand on the counter several times. "You sir are a fuckin' riot. Man threatens to make you wish your mum had never fuck'd your dad and you confidently act like it was nothin'. Either you ain't got much up in ye 'ead or you got some big fuckin' brass balls."

He grabbed the offered 'special' beer and chugged it. The man was right, it sure as fuck was strong and could probably clean the pipes in the sink just as well as fuck a normal person up. He blow air out and made a very satisfied sound. "Now that's what I'm bloody talkin' about. This is exactly what I came for, a stiff pint."

He set down the empty mug and got up, following Aeneas to the corner previously pointed to. By this point all the normal guests had already left and they were alone to talk as they please. He turned back to the group and saud, "Oh and I'm Bridger"

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.