Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

1509 Political Orgy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Diana came in and his dark passenger took notice. Her weaker beast felt like an affront to his own authority and as such needed to be destroyed. He wanted to jump at her and drain her of her very essence as punishment for how she made his beast feel, but his mind kept its sanity. It would be foolish to give into his nature, especially at this particular point and in during this particular meeting. Maybe they could meet in private later and he could devour her...he stopped his thought because clearly the dark passenger and he had different ideas about how to devour her. He forced it back, deep inside the pit of his subconscious, disappointed as always for its senseless focus and lack of foresight. Tonight would have no death...he hoped.

Before Marco even had a chance to ask what Diana meant by 'waiting for one', Konrad had stood up and started the meeting. Marco looked to the ladies and said politely with a smile, "could one of you two please get the door for us? Thank you." He was angered that Konrad would step up as if he was already Prefect. The insolence of Konrad was more present than ever and it enraged him. He held it in though, that desire to rip him to shreds, and kept the smile on his face. At the Gangrel's conclusion Marco stood up and clapped briefly.

"Thank you Konrad for that wonderful introduction," he said continuing to smile. He walked towards the podium and took his rightful place. "Well, continuing with introductions, you all know me. I'm Marco Fernandez, current Myrmidon of the Movement. I've been a member of the Movement for, oh, about four years," he said twisting his hand in a gesture for 'about'. "Before seeing the light I lived with my sire in an Invictus controlled family. I moved from Houston in March and the rest is, as they say, history. Now since it's just introductions I'll leave it at that, and I'll tell you all more about me once we get into discussing the election." He ended with his dazzling smile and gestured between the two women left before taking his previous seat. "Now who would like to go next?"

V

"There was someone.. But maybe it was just a joke, and nobody else is coming. Did none of you see the post it note? Someone called C?" she asks the room. Suddenly, she's hit with all their beasts and she grabs the arm of the couch, taking a moment to centre herself. They are all more powerful than her, she could be eaten alive at any moment.

But not tonight.

Konrad gets up to begin the meeting and Diana simply watches him. Her face is set to its usual smile. He isn't talking for long though when he notices the door. Alright, understandable that he doesn't want to get it because he's speaking. At Marco's request, Diana cocks an eyebrow at him, standing up and getting the door, but looking decidedly less happy than she had a moment ago. All she says to the group though is, "Oh weird, I must have left that open. Good of you to notice."

We were all seated same as him. I don't appreciate being dictated to. Never mind. It is a small thing.

Konrad and Marco make their introductions one after another. Neither come as a surprise. Diana gets up and smooths out her skirt before standing where she is to begin speaking. "My name is Diana Barnes. I've been with the Movement for thirteen years, in an Lancea/Invictus controlled domain. I've recently arrived in Sacramento, and I couldn't be more excited for our bright future here. Every person in the Movement has made an impression on me so far, and I think we've got a lot of talent to work with. I look forward to being coworkers with you all." She flashes a smile just to Konrad at her last sentence and takes a seat.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

3. Likes West, Vassagon liked this post

The toreador decided go next. She was a bit intimidated as it was the first time she was meeting officially with the other Carthians. The gathering of so many beasts didn't do much to help.

"Okay, I think it is my turn. My name is Gabrielle and I come from the city of Toulouse. I was embraced in the Invictus Covenant but decided later to join up with the Carthians. As some of you may already know, I was dragged into war by a renegade faction of the circle of the crone. It lasted for more than two years and ended only recently. I am a newcomer to Sacramento. I had to break ties with the mortal world to protect the masquerade, and the city looked as good a place as any to do that. I am quite happy with my decision so far."

She looked at the other Carthian before continuing.

"Are we waiting for anybody else tonight?"

That was it for her at the moment.

There is only silence as the shadow takes into the words spoken and the body language of each of the cadavers present – she noticed the subtle confrontation between the two more established members and wondered if it would be advantageous to show herself now or if there was benefit to hide for the moment and use the information she collected for later use…

The shadow decided against dropping the veil, continuing to delight in her voyeuristic fantasy.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad returns to standing while he answers Diana and Gabrielle's question. "I hadn't noticed myself. If there is another Carthian in the city then they're responsible for being aware of notices and being on time to meetings. Course if they do show up late then we'll probably spare a moment for a quick introduction before continuing." No point in concerning themselves with someone who isn't here, after all.

"Thank you, Gabrielle. Diana. Good to have you in the Domain. Now, Marco and I have planned to continue next with a bit of politicking. We're both interesting in filling the role of Prefect, so we've prepared some speaking points on why we believe ourselves to be the best candidate. Of course there's no reason either of you can't volunteer for the position, so think on that for a bit while we give our pitches. Now since we have an even number of members there's always a risk of a tie. So if that's the case then we'll figure out a means of tiebreaking. Either seniority, flip a coin, or fight it out, I'm fine with whatever."

"Gabrielle, if you could take your seat," requests Konrad with a gentle nod.

Konrad looks to Marco next. "Marco, care to go first?" he asks the Myrmidon.

7. Likes Phoenix liked this post

She only realized after Konrad saying that she was still standing out there. Again, the pressure of meeting the other Carthian officially for the first time got to her. The pressure of the beast wasn't making things easy either.

"Yeah, of course. I was a bit on edge, I'll sit down now."

Then turning to Marco and Konrad.

"I understand that both of you are the older kindred of the covenant here, and I'm willing to be receptive to that. But how about you tell us more about yourselves first ? I think most of us barely talk to you in court and other places. Kinda hard to decide who's the best fit just based on that. Still, I had good contact with all you that I met before, so I am willing to have an open mind just based on that."

M
    Matrixchild

Marco did not interrupt Konrad as he gave his response about other potential Carthians and the explanation of the next portion of the meeting. He may have felt like he should be running the meeting so far, but interrupting at this point would just appear petty. In a way though it was fine for someone other than the potential leader to lead the meeting. The Movement wasn't one to have a single leader that made all the rules and lead everything. Delegation and cooperation were essential aspects and Marco wanted to exhibit those qualities if he was selected as Prefect.

As Konrad finished, and Gabrielle took her seat, adding her bit about not really knowing either of them, Marco stood, buttoning his jacket as he did. "Thank you very much Konrad," he said with a smile. Stepping back up to the podium he took a feigned breath and then started comfortably. "Not long ago Konrad, Gerald, and I sat in this very room and discussed what we felt was best for the Movement. We had no idea he would leave so suddenly, and since then I stepped up and have represented the Movement as a sort of interim Prefect. I believe my name has become synonymous with the Movement in Sacramento and believe I would serve well in the position."

He straightened out his tie and looked to each of them individually. "Originally our plans were to work towards forming our own business connected directly to the Movement. The plan was to start up a shipping business that could be used by other Kindred, making us more valuable in the domain. Konrad knows much more about that particular plan, and I still think it's a smart plan, but I'm interested in expanding on the whole concept it's connected to. We're all Carthians here. We know that Kindred aren't naturally cooperative types. I want us to find what we're individually good at and work together to make it happen. I've previously promised Konrad to continue to work towards making the shipping business, or whatever plans he has, come to fruition, but I also wanted to find a focus of my own."

He paused for a brief moment to allow all of that to sink in. He hoped he wasn't boring them, but he felt it was all important information. "I plan on buying and opening a Cabaret once I gain tenancy. My hope is that we can use it instead of the Sterling as the headquarters of the Movement in Sacramento. Right now we use this building because it's the only place I know of the Movement using, but other than calling us personally or seeing us at Court there's no de facto place where someone can come hoping to find information about us. I want the building to represent that we have a place in this city, that we stand out. I also want a place where we know we can be safe when we meet. Finally, like the shipping business, the cabaret would give Kindred a place to relax and talk, adding value to the city. Now that's my dream for the Movement, to create a symbol of our status in the city, but I doubt I'm the only one with dreams. I want to help all of you with the plans that you decide for yourself. I believe that's how we stand out, by working together to complete our individual goals."

"That's what I want to do as Prefect, represent the Movement to the rest of the city, work towards making a symbol of us in the city, and help each of you further your goals."
    He smiled brightly as he finished. "Sorry to sound so formal. I believe no matter who is chosen for Prefect we can all work towards making a real impact in the city and showing that the Movement is worth knowing, Thank you." With that Marco gave a slight head bow to the group and then took a seat. "I hope that explained myself more Gabrielle. Now Konrad, I believe it's your turn, unless you're interested in putting your name forward Violet."

V

"Gabrielle, I'm sorry but you'll have to be more clear. I don't know your history as well as these guys seem to. How many years do you have with the Carthian Movement? Your answer was unclear." Diana is smiling, but serious. She doesn't appreciate when people beat around the bush, particularly about the Movement.

Konrad begins speaking and he doesn't have a whole lot to say beyond more of what the meeting has been seemingly pre-planned to be. Her attention is focused on what he has to say though when he suggests either Gabrielle or Diana putting their names forward. She hadn't considered it, but it appears that her time in the Movement is at least triple that of any of the other members. She debates this in silence.

Marco's speech goes on, and she listens attentively. Nothing he says is a surprise to her, save that the plans the Carthian's had for a business before seemed to have more to do with Konrad than anything. It followed logic, he was the one with Tenancy. Why they weren't sticking with him was a mystery to her.

The Myrmidon's final sentence draws a simple response from Diana. Remaining seated, she says "I will hear what everyone has to say first, and then I'll decide at that time whether or not to put my name forward. It seems only right to let you both, who have been in the city for so long, get to say your piece first, doesn't it?" A look to Konrad, "Please, I'm not trying to make you wait or anything, lets hear what you've got to say."
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad took a seat too as he listens to Marco relay his intentions for the Movement. The caberet is not news to him as he had overheard Marco telling Gabrielle about it at Court. The pitch for a headquarters is a good one. Carthians would want a social gathering place where they could be comfortable, not a cold dusty shipping warehouse. It would also attract Kine to feed upon, giving them the so-called Rack, Gabrielle had alluded to.

Konrad folds his arms, crossing his ankles too as he sits slouched in the chair listening. It seems Marco's selling points focus more on the caberet than what made him a good candidate for the position.

Konrad stands again giving a thankful nod to Diana before taking the podium and leaning against the wooden platform on his elbows. He doesn't look to anyone particular as he speaks.

"Thank you very much, Marco. Sounds like a great plan. Obviously each of us are going to want to do our part to add to the strength of the whole."

"Some of you already know a bit about me. I came to the city a little over a year ago from LA, laying low so that my old identity and contacts could forget about me. Before that I worked for the mob in Vegas as an Associate where I learned the value of knowing the right people. That's aided me in surviving all these years. These nights I've been applying myself at creating a lucrative Black Market in Sacramento, making new connections and establishing myself as a go-to man among the underworld."

He pauses a moment before continuing. "Carthians talk about Mission and Position to bring purpose to their Requiems. I found my Mission early on in my Requiem but my membership within the Movement provides me with a means to realize it. And that is to create a hub of exchange between all Kindred. We all want things. But most of all we want the Blood. It is an ideal of the Movement that we remain unified. But it is also an ideal to observe the development of the Kine. We are attached to them, dependent on them, as they are dependent on us at times. And so we integrate with them, to control, to manipulate, and to witness the change in them that some of us forget to see as years go by."

"Anyways, that's a bit about me, where I'm coming from and how I see things. But what makes me a good candidate for this position has more to do with my relationship among the other Covenants. Way I see it, the Prefect has one job to do and that's represent us to the rest of the Domain. That means being able to deal with them without them expecting us to cram the Grand Experiment down their throats. I also serve as Priscus of Clan Gangrel. I've got the ear of the Seneschal and respect among the rest, two of them being members of the Crone. Among the Lance I have a regular back and forth among the Priestess, Priscus of Clan Ventrue, and with the Nosferatu Priscus. And I have plans in the work to secure a working relationship among the members of the Ordo."

"I'm still going to put some effort into establishing a shipping business, because I believe that's the best way to create unity and give us access to more resources. I think Marco's idea is a good one too to bring us closer to observing the Kine and welcoming new Kindred to our Covenant. I don't want this position in order to tell you what to do. If you want that kind of leadership then join the Invictus. Whoever takes the Prefect position aught to work with the Myrmidon to ensure cooperation within the Movement as well as outside of it. So, if you think I'm the right kind of person for the job then I'd be happy to represent us."

"I have been a member of the Carthian for a bit more than two years Diana. A little after the war with the renegade crone started." That's all she was gonna said to Diana for the moment. How dare she questioned her loyalty to the Covenant? For fuck sake, she abandoned the Invictus for it, wasn't that a statement enough?

Then after hearing both Konrad and Marco, she took her turn talking.

"You both seem to be willing to serve the covenant to his best, and seem to have the means to do so. But it stills doesn't tell us who the best match for this is. And you're both asking the rest of us to take a decision based on what little time we have socialized with you."

She took her time to catch her breath, what she was gonna say would not be easy to hear ... or at least to pronounce for her.

"There are only four of us and a very real possibility of a stalemate. And I would feel more comfortable if we could see the two of you in action. That is, how you would react being the head of the Carthian. How about we give the both of you a chance to show how you'd manage the covenant? In other words, each how you would take a turn acting as the prefect. This way it would be easier to vote for the best one."

She paused for a moment.

"That's what we're left with unless the balance of votes changes in Carthian Sacramento. That's my own personal point of view at least. Don't quote me on that."

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.