Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

1509 Political Orgy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad resists the urge to smirk, having almost given up on expecting a vote for Prefect tonight. He looks to Gabrielle appreciatively for leaning his side of the fence. With Chloe's silence he had all but forgot about her vote. With Marco's Myrmidon status, his vote will go unaccounted, leaving Konrad and Gabrielle with two to Diana's single vote.

Konrad nods as Marco chimes in. "That's fine with me, but am I to understand that you'll be discarding your Myrmidon title in order to participate in the vote?" he asks Marco with a veil of indifference, pointing out the drawback of his station. "As for me, I vote for myself as Prefect." Even if Marco's vote failed to count, this could easily end up as a tie, with every vote made selfishly for themselves. What would the remaining members decide?

2. Likes West liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

"Well based on prior conversations and all the talk this evening it's clear we may not really need the position at the moment, so yes I'll be resigning as Myrmidon to take part in this vote. If I am not selected as Prefect and at a later date the need for a Myrmidon arises I will follow the will of the people, but with so few of us maybe now is not the right time. Now I did vocalize that I believe the position is fundamental to the Movement, so I will leave it up to the group if we leave the position vacant for now or select one from us to fill it."

It was certainly a risky position to take but it was one he felt he had to take, though the position only matter if respected by the group. Since there were new members it was only right for the group to decide what was best for the Movement.

V

Diana crosses her arms and looks at the other Carthians. "I vote for Konrad." She lets the statement hang heavy in the air for a moment. She looks to Marco, her expression maybe apologetic, maybe pitying. Maybe just sad.

"I also move to meet again in three months and talk about whether or not that was the best decision for us." She crosses her legs and looks to Gaby, waiting to see what the other succubus' vote would be.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

She hesitated for a moment before casting her vote, after which all the other Carthian announced theirs. Not wanting to be the voice of discord, she aligned herself with Diana and the gangrel priscus.

"And I also vote for Konrard. Congratulation, it looks like you are our new Prefect. And I'll second the motion of Diana to reconvene in three months to assess the situation then, to see if it was the right decision or not."

The meeting was surely soon to end. She waited for Konrad to do a 'victory speech', curious to see what would be his first reactions as a prefect.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Thank you, ladies," says Konrad with a nod to each. "I will do my best to represent the Movement fairly for these next three months. But don't let that stop you from letting me know if you disagree with my methods or if you want to share some advice before then. My plans right now are to secure favorable relations with the other Covenants. I'll arrange private audiences with their leaders to ensure we have an understanding and I'll share my results at the next meeting."

"Seems now we're lacking a Myrmidon though. I'd like to call for a vote to appoint a new Myrmidon to foster good relations between members of the Movement. I vote for Diana," says Konrad, looking to the colorfully captivating Succubus.

He avoids glancing at Marco. It had been the Kindred's risk to abandon his title and Konrad is going to see that he regrets it. His Daeva rival didn't seem to even want the responsibility, favoring more influence outside the Covenant instead. But even so, Diana seems perfect for the role, having experience in the Movement as well as an approachable personable personality. It is also her chance to wield influence among her peers.

7. Likes West liked this post

When Konrad called for a vote for a new myrmidon, Gabrielle reaction was quick.

"Seconded Prefect Konrad. I also vote for Diana as Myrmidon."

With a second vote for Myrmidon, all that was left really, is if Diana was ready for the job and vote for herself or if Marco would agree to relinquish his title...

M
    Matrixchild

Marco kept a smile on his face as he watched things twist out of his favor. He had no disappointment in himself, merely disappointment in Gabrielle and Diana. "Congratulations Konrad. May you have more success than Gerald did," he said, holding his smile. He knew Konrad would fail, but maybe he wouldn't fail so badly he had to run from the city. The battle may be lost, but the war was far from over.

At the mention of Diana for Myrmidon he actually felt relief. He had always wanted the Prefect title and had merely settled for the lesser one. Her words had given Marco the impression she was a true Carthian, with many years spent drinking the cool-aid. He'd be more satisfied to have no title at all than settle again. Turning to Diana with a smile he said, "You will make an excellent Myrmidon."

V

Diana looks between Marco, Konrad, and Gabrielle. She had not been expecting this. "Oh. Well, thank you. I appreciate that I have more or less the full support of the covenant." she says, wondering what Chloe the shadow is going to have to say after this meeting. Diana had agreed with her that they ought to push things to a later date.

"I'm assuming that we're going to revote in three months over this position as well?" she asks, looking between everyone at once.
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Only if someone calls for a vote," answers Konrad to Diana's concerns. "We can vote as many times as it takes so long as we stay unified on each decision. Now that we've got our positions filled I'd like to thank everyone again for showing up tonight. Let's conclude the meeting with the tradition of The Chain."

Konrad stands and offers his hands to those near him to link a circle. If the rest are willing to participate he will do his duty and say a few words. "This is a great night for the Carthian Movement. Three new members to fill the void of one. I'm sure we can grow to understand each other's motivations even if we don't agree. We'll each progress in our own way but contribute to the whole. Marco, keep up your effort to make your cabaret dance club. If we can help we will and in turn you'll provide us a headquarters to operate under. Gabrielle, let us know when you'll be hosting your training session, and I hope everyone will show so we can plan some self-defense tactics to protect our interests. Diana, congrats on your new position. I hope you and I can work closely together to see that the Movement flourishes in this Domain."

He adds, "If any of you would like to pass on an object on your person to your neighbor then you can do so now. Since this is our first meeting together for most of us we can probably pass on it if you didn't bring anything. Alright. Safe travels."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

The Carthians either participate in The Chain or don't and take their leave of the Sterling Hotel.

Scene Ends!

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.