Ended
Watch

Late Night Conspiracies

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan listened attentively. "Your blame in this is minimal in comparison to others." He reassured her. Details had stood out from her story he needed to understand. "I can explain Cotouri shortly. However..." Looking toward the Gangrel, "How did Martha Villiers come to learn that information? Where did you receive that note? When did they leave?"

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya paused before responding, thinking back to the contents of the letter. "Martha did not say how she come about this information, but she said she'd be 'helping Konrad' which leads me to believe he might have spoke with her in person about it at Elysium and asked her to follow him somewhere."

She steps on the gas as she hits a red light, using that time to recall the remaining content of the letter. "The memo was left in my office at Elysium, it wasn't there the night before I left so my guess is they left sometime late last night since I came across it earlier this evening before leaving the Asylum. Martha said she'd text me once en route but I do not have a text from her."

she turns to Juan once she has the SUV steady on the highway after letting out another sigh. "Given the safety of discussing this sensitive matter within Elysium...i can try texting them to see if they are at their destined location to see if we can join them." it might be too late, but at least with them on the road, they could close a bit of the gap already lost due to miscommunication. she starts looking for places to step so she can send out a text on her phone.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"This madness just never ends," he hissed in anger. "Too many moving parts, and not enough communication with who is doing what." He gestured to an exit, "That will take us to Sutterville Road. We can drive a bit further and pull over, to see if we've been followed."

Cordoba continued on, "Myself, Konrad, Hildegarde, and Alessandra ventured into the Yolo Bypass Wilderness. Hildegarde took us to where Cotouri's bunker was." he held his tongue, there was no need to detail the failure again.

Just the facts. "Konrad ordered Cody to head back to the van by himself. That's when Cotouri found him."

Villiers and Roth going off on their own that was a problem. "I'm baffled that Martha would leave a note in Elysium. She damn well knows it's compromised. What is so bloody hard about calling from one's Haven?" With this much going on, he could only imagine the frustration David felt. "Now she and Konrad are venturing somewhere without telling the rest of us? That Ghoul needs to be put down swiftly."

Juan mulled over the situation. "Let's take cover in an alley. Call Konrad, tell him to answer yes or no. Is Cody with you? Is Martha with you? Does he know where Cody is? Then get him to tell us where he is. I'll watch for passersby."

s
    sumthingpositiv

Blinking twice at her phone before seeing the words "Call ended." Katya's head tilts up in the air as she hisses "Kami no kuso kuso. We don't have time for this sentimental-Free-Willy bullshit." shaking her head she turns to Juan. "He'll call me back. He was reticent because it 'sounded like I wanted hunt Cody myself'." with an irritated smile she shakes her head "...the fact that this man is my Priscus....well I definitely want to hunt Cody down now."

Closing her eyes she sighs and says "All he confirmed is that Martha is with him but he did not disclose a location, which means they are definitely somewhere where they at least expect Cody to be." she opens up her phone and accesses Martha's number "I'm calling Martha now, perhaps she'll listen to reason since the words 'serious issue' have no meaning anymore."

Translation

J
    Juan Cordoba

Having watched the Seneschal's "interaction" become increasingly frustrated he shook his head. Katya's sudden and angry display of a language he didn't understand was a clear indicator.

Four of his five digits pressed up against his head. Cordoba focused his eyes on the city. Konrad, you just crossed a line.

Slowly lowering his hand, he turned to Katya. "If Martha proves to be as evasive..." He paused. "I don't want to jump ahead." Then shook his head, "We haven't heard her statement yet."

Juan attempted to reassure Katya. "I know this is difficult. You're doing the right thing. If nothing else, I am your witness."

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya's brows loosen slightly at Juans' words of comfort. "Thank you Priscus for the support. Your own patience with me as I catch up to these events makes me see why Priscus Regan has kept you involved with this matter."

That hesitation in caling Matha delays time long enough for Katya's phone to go off again, this time with a text. "Ah..it seems cooler heads have prevailed...or something worse has happened. They have Cody in a Motel 6 off of 227 Jiboom St." she puts her car in gear and asks "Shall we get going?"

As she begins driving she says "Before we kill Cody, do you suppose it's at all possible to get him to answer questions as to if he's spoken to anyone or if he had traveled anywhere else in his...fugue state? I'd hate to put him down without knowing what intel he leaked.""

J
    Juan Cordoba

"De nada." For once, Cordoba actually smiled. "You may call me Juan." He then added, "at least in private," and a wink.

With the pair set to head to the motel, "No, no, no. We are not killing Cody," he politely corrected. "That is Konrad's obligation." He paused allowing that point to settle. "If we can get Cody to talk, he has one chance. Otherwise, you and I walk out."

His pragmatism continued on, "Konrad stonewalled us. He disrespected you in front of another Court Officer. Even if we are first among peers, that gambit was beyond foolish. They both thought it was such a brilliant plan to run off on their own without telling anyone. Fine. They get to clean up the mess."

s
    sumthingpositiv

With a shrug, Katya keeps her eyes on the road, driving with one hand as she sends a quick simple text to Konrad in response. "Works for me, I suppose I was going under the assumption that he would refuse to do so, but as you said, we will provide them with the information we have and leave him to lay in the bed he's made."

And then we have another family meeting regarding order, I know if I pulled this off to some other Seneschal, Konrad would've had my hide for such insolence

"Speaking of which, how was it you found out it was Jacqui Cotouri that subjugated cody? "

OOC

J
    Juan Cordoba

Good, they were on the same exact page. However, his hopes did not rise. He had seen what happens when plan meets execution.

"Jacqui Cotouri is the only Ventrue that anyone knows is of capable of that style of Domination." Cordoba looked in the mirrors again as they rode. "I've seen it myself. The Kine she collects are nothing more than living automatons. No spark of free will exists."

Turning back to Katya, "In a very quick summary, this isn't the first time Cotouri's fought against the Domain. She's one of Brady's pawns - albeit a very powerful pawn. Regan, Hildegarde, Baldwin, found her bunker in Yolo County Bypass. She set fire to destroy them all in one fell swoop. Sadly Peter Baldwin was lost."

He shook his head. "Hildegarde brought us back to examine the site. Konrad brought Cody along then told him to run back to the van, alone."

"Then the Carthians had their little beach party. Marco told me of the incident." A sigh followed, "I told David about it. He led me to the answer. And now...we find out what those two are up to."

Good to wrap if you are

s
    sumthingpositiv

Sounds good, end scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.