Ended
Watch

Check Mate!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Emrys

PRE

If Einstein didn't seem so bothered Emrys might have laughed at the Cartman political model. Richie's excuses didn't help, but he did get a smile when Bahlam introduced them.

"Nice to meet you Richelieu." He said as pleasantly as he could given his attention was clearly on the board and Einstein. "It's not an issue to refrain from active participation in politics. I know from the report last time that the Southern Witnesses are still out there doing things, so you're exactly right that Einstein is still a valuable member of the community."

A few more pieces danced around the board and Emrys returned his attention to the Blank. For a moment he thought about asking what the thing they had found was, but decided this wasn't the place. "Your move."

3 successes, 7/10 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-05 22:12:54 Emrys rolls 9 to Chess at Einstein (Intelligence+Composure) (10 Again) 4, 8, 3, 5, 9, 5, 5, 9, 2 3 successes

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-06 00:12:32 Einstein rolls 5 to Chess! (Int + Comp) (10 Again) 7, 2, 5, 2, 6 failure

Bothered and distracted by the apparent obviousness of her imminent loss, to the eyes of an "amateur" (as if, anyone who can say the words 'Sicilian Defense' is as far from an amateur as Einstein was from an undergrad), Einstein's next move gains her no ground, and in fact puts it in quite the spot to be swiftly taken.

Her eyes turn to Richelieu. Rich man's name, of course. How pretentious. "Mister Richelieu, 'tis quite the pleasure to meet a personage such as you. I daresay, I would stand and curtsy, but I do find myself quite occupied at the moment. Perhaps later, we might have tea and crumpets and I might apologize." She puts as much haughtiness and sarcasm into the words as she could.

The Blank's eyes swing to the redcoat next. "A lot of people would disagree with you. Like Our Benevolent Mind-Invader, Mrs. Avis...whatever Star's last name is. Or our Noble and Well-Reputed Protector and Warrior, Sir Striker of the Order of the Unconvicted."

And finally, her eyes come to rest on her opponent. "We're working on things, sure. It's all very hush-hush, though. It's almost like we're spies. Or, well..." Her eyes flicker to the Guardian present, then return to Emrys. ​"Your move."

Richelieu remained unmoved, first by the harsh reaction of einstein, then her attempt at irony. It would take more than that to faze Richelieu. He answered with irony of its own.

"Oh, it's quite alright miss. I understand that you're quite occupied at the moment. Don't bother to curtsy, you have bigger fishes to deal at the moment. I'm surrrreeee you can deal with that positional situation without a hitch."

He sat at a chair close to the other mages, looking at the game with interest. He then frowned when he heard the 'mind invader' words but remained silent at the moment. Then turning at Bahlam.

"You have told us what you thought about the game at the moment. How do you think this game will unfold ?"

M
    Macabreengel

"Avis and Star are together?" he asked, a look of concern flashing across his face. Speaking of bosses not being happy with him. Then to Einstein's side-eyed glance he laughed, "Yes, I'm sure I'm verrryyyy myyssssteerrious."

Bahlam had no plans to move the heat from Richelieu to himself. "I believe you have already proven you know more about patience and strategy than me." He did have to admit it wasn't looking good for her though.

Emrys

PRE

"Heh." Emrys suppressed a laugh at the Order of the Unconvicted. When she quirked an eyebrow at the Guardian, it only piqued his interest more.

"Apparently we're all proficient in sarcasm." Emrys sneered to the rest of the mages assembled, rolling his eyes before returning his attention to the board. "Go us."

Emrys watched Einstein's moves as Bahlam posed his question. "Yes, they are together. They announced it months ago." A few moves, a smirk at the memory, and Emrys looked up to Einstein.

"Check mate."

11/10 suxx, Emrys wins
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-07 22:34:20 Emrys rolls 9 to Chess at Einstein (Intelligence+Composure) (10 Again) 10, 1, 2, 6, 5, 6, 8, 9, 7, 9 4 successes

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Bah." Well, of course Richie Rich's analysis had been correct. He'd had her on the ropes for a while now. Didn't mean anybody had to point it out. Einstein shot a warning glare at Richelieu, before he even had a chance to talk. If he made a single smug comment...

She looked at Bahlam and made a finger-through-open-hole motion with her hand. "Or at the very least they're bangin'. But don't let that worry you, they're also in the same Cabal so it's not like you could expect any objectivism about each other from them to begin with."

Richelieu didn't react to the 'murderous' stare of Einstein. If she was smart enough, she would use that opportunity to improve her game. And anyways, she seemed to hot headed to be receptive to any advice being given to her. She'd probably take it as either a critic or insult to her. So he let go for the moment.

He listened the rest of Einstein sentence and had to restrain himself a bit when the word 'cabal' was uttered. Okay, Bahlam did worse before but still it would have been better if she used another word. They were in a public place after all.

M
    Macabreengel

After a low buzz, Bahlam pulled out his phone. "Alright, kids. I've got some errands to run before the M-E-E-T-I-N-G," he spelled while glancing at Einstein. "I'll brush up on my chess and maybe we will run into eachother out here again sometime."

"Emrys, Einstein, Richelieu, I will catch you later," he said with a nod to each. Then he turned and walked off toward his apartment.

This scene seems redundant with the Consilium scene. Thanks though! I enjoyed it!

Emrys

PRE

Emrys smirked as the game came to close, though that faded slightly as she talked about Star and Avis.

"It's a relationship, and they are definitely in love." The Enchanter said as he rose from his seat. "Of coarse I'm also in the same group as them, so I'm apparently to subjective to appraise that situation for myself."

He rolled his eyes at Einstein and grabbed his water bottle. "I should be off as well. Thanks for the game Einstein, and good luck on whatever the secret plan is." He smiled to the Blank and went on his way.

Emrys exits the scene!

I had actually posted this because we hadn't had Concilium in a while, so I was gonna ask to wrap about now since we have one open. I'll close this in the next day or two. See you folks at Concilium!

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

"Well, that was certainly...something." The way she says it doesn't communicate any particular enjoyment at the 'something', but she doesn't give Richelieu the time to respond. The Blank simply makes her way away unceremoniously.

Einstein Exits.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread