Check Mate!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-31 08:44:07 Einstein rolls 5 to Chess. (10 Again) 7, 3, 5, 5, 3 failure

Einstein made a short, not-particularly-helpful move, and raised an eyebrow at Bahlam. "Which Order'd you leave? Which one'd you join?" There was no 'if you don't mind me asking' from her. If he hadn't wanted them to ask the question, he shouldn't have brought up the subject. Einstein should know.

She snorted at Emrys as he made his not-subtle jabs. "Or you can go do something that'll actually have an impact and say 'screw politics'. Those disputes will always happen, and nothing you do will keep them from happening. Only thing you can do is try to keep the collateral damage to a minimum and wait for your head to explode." The Obrimos shook her head. "But, you do you. You want to be a politician, go ahead. Just don't say nobody warned you."

Eyes drifted back up to Emrys, after she was done considering the board. "You're up."

M
    Macabreengel

Bahlam didn't like answering the question without knowing their orders, but it was a little late for that. "Libertines to Guardians," he replied, waiting for their reactions.

Then in reaction to the conversation between the other two, "Are things bad at the Consilium? No one else has mentioned that. Of course it wouldn't be surprising if they just didn't want to advertise it to someone new in town." Then he shrugged.

Richelieu was wandering into town when he arrived at that place where people where playing chess. He was not exactly an expert in the matter having only played with a few other mages during his formative years. Still, he took a place with a sleeper to play a game. It seemed like a good thing to break the ice.

As he was doing so, his mage eye wandered in the neighborhood, in search of other people knowing the mysteries.

Spells

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein looked at Bahlam briefly. Just for a second, but the smile that had been on her face slowly disappeared into nothingness. Then, she looked at Emrys while he considered his move, and it returned in the form of a mirthless smirk. Her eyes were lit up with a fair twinge of anger - an amount he might have seen on at least one or two other occasions.

Two of her fingers pointed up, and in the fakest Transylvanian accent she could muster, Einstein said "Two. Two traitor whores. A-ha-ha."

Emrys

PRE

Emrys could only shake his head at Einstein's argument for disregarding politics. There wasn't a point in arguing though, the white dot on her jacket at the Libertine meeting was an irrevocable reminder that she had made up her mind.

"Things are very slowly improving. The most recent get together went fairly well, almost boringly so in fact, but that was after Einstein stopped attending." It might have been a dig, but it wasn't. It was just a time stamp for where the overt bullshit stopped. He then pulled his attention away from the board and looked to Bahlam. "And your bosses aren't going to be happy if you keep dropping those names in public, even if it is just the three of us."

Three? Yeah, three, unless Lurky McLurkerson actually wants to say something. In the meanwhile Emrys not so covertly held back a laugh at Einstein's dig. Somewhere Ermac was taking solace in not being alone in earning that name.

"Your move Ms Renegade." He said with a smirk to the other Libertine.

4/10 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 00:01:23 Emrys rolls 9 to Chess at Einstein (Intelligence+Composure) (10 Again) 4, 6, 3, 6, 10, 1, 6, 3, 8, 9 3 successes

M
    Macabreengel

Bahlam's eyebrows raised at Einstein's statement. She was certainly unfiltered. After Emrys's response though, he couldn't tell if Einstein had caused the trouble or called it out. "What happened?"

To Emrys's soft chastisement, he nodded sheepishly, "Yeah, my bad." If only he knew the half of it.

Not seeing Richelieu, who was behind him, he didn't greet the mage he had recently met.

Richelieu noticed the game going on between a somewhat geeky woman and another young man. He approached the game where the game was going on and watched the table with interest. He never did played chess a lot, one of his many regret, as it could teach someone how to move pieces around a political board. No matter, it was never too late too correct a mistake.

As the two mages were moving on pieces on the chessboard, he noticed Bahlam standing here, the latter didn't saw him and Richelieu felt it was only polite to greet the other mastigos, despite what had happened during their last meeting.

"Greetings, Mister Bahlam. Enjoying the game I see ?"

Checking the pieces on the board.

"Please don't mind me players. I am just an amateur trying to improve his skills."

He noticed the young man had a slightly better position than his opponent, though how much remained to be seen. He complimented the man on his skills.

"Is it me or is your Sicilian defense getting the better of your opponent ? "

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

+1 = 2/10
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-03 11:53:01 Einstein rolls 5 to Chess! (Int + Comp) (10 Again) 1, 8, 1, 5, 1 1 success

Einstein took her time in making a decision, finally settling on a simple move without much benefit. She looked up at Bahlam. "I made my decision on politics. It was 'Screw you guys, I'm going home'." The grin didn't return, and the hostility in her eyes didn't go away either. "Some people were irritated by my decision to exercise my personal freedom."

Then the newcomer arrived. At first, Einstein just gave him a suspicious look - it seemed Mages were congregating here. The more Mages in one place, the more likely the Banishers would come down in force. Then, he all but insulted her and her jaw set. "You know, it's polite to introduce yourself before you start slinging insulting tactical analyses."

Well, here was another case of anger and agressivity, why she felt insulted by his saying was frankly overdoing it a bit. He doubt he could lead Einstein away from her predatory like attitude, so he played along for the moment and kept his cool

"I go by the nickname of Richelieu. And It wasn't meant to be offensive, just my honest observation on the game. You are of course free to do with it what you will. I'll step back a little now and see whether I was right or wrong."

He made a few step backs as announced to give the two players more than enough breathing rooms to keep on with their games. He noticed the woman didn't gave her name as well. A typical case of 'do as I say' not ' do as I do'.

No matter, if his observations were correct, the game would prove him right soon enough. He wondered what would be her reaction then

M
    Macabreengel

To Einstein's opinion of politics, Juan shrugged. "If you can do more good for the community not participating directly, then it makes sense. And it's not like you abandoned us, if who you run with is any indication."

Juan bit his lip to stop from laughing at Einstein's response to the new mage. There was something grandmotherly about older, cranky women. Not that he would say any of that out loud...

"Richelieu, this is Einstein and Emrys. Einstein, Emrys, this is Richelieu. He is another new community member." Juan nodded to each person as he said their name.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread