Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(FOS 2015) Gregory and Nathan

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The fire cast disturbing shadows on the edges of the pavilion. Or at least they would have seen disturbing if the Hunterheart wasn't used to so much worse. Merely creepy didn't quite cut it anymore. Instead of cowering he happily shewed away at the ribs of... something. The competition had made him hungry again, and he had managed to grab some snacks from Marcus' carving station. Crunchy.

"So. What did you want to talk about?" he asked Gregory, licking his fingers.

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

At the prospect of additional food, Gregory can't deny procuring some foodstuffs to take with him to the corner pavilion. The Hollow is large enough that they can find themselves a relatively private space, though the Hedge surroundings tower over the clearing's edge hungrily.

Gregory too munches on some fruit slices before clearing his throat, keeping his voice low between the both of them. "Yes. It be about that item you found, the Watch outside the Charity Shop. You did claim it so I do not wish to presume I have command over its fate. But I wish greatly to have it appraised by those wiser and more knowledgeable Lost among us. Be that something you be willing to do?"

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

So that's what this is about. He had almost forgotten about the damn watch.

"Sure. It's not like I'm doing anything with it. I just put it away somewhere no one should find it. After seeing what it did to, y'know, I didn't feel like handling it too much," he chewed at another rib, looking pensive. "You should know, though. Our pal from the other side came to me. Wanted it back. I made no promises, nothing concrete anyway, but didn't say no outright either. She doesn't seem very dangerous, but you never know with Them..."

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Gregory nods, a creeping smile of relief forming on his lips. But it disappears instantly at the mention of the mysterious woman. Gregory's eyes bulge with seriousness.

"Indeed? That be concerning. Then all the more reason to make haste. Would you meet with Ava, Malcolm, and I, and bring the watch? I will arrange a time and place, unless there be one you prefer to name. Then we might discern the true power of this item and the intent of its creator."

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Will do," he promised, dropping the meatless bone on the floor and rubbing his hands one the sides of his pants. "Just let me know where and when to meet when you've got it set up. Unless you have something in mind already?"

His tongue runs over his lips, searching for more of the increasingly elusive flavor. He stares at his friend with an expression of mild curiosity.

"Any ideas of what it might be yet? I'm thinking you look like the type who's run into some magic rings in their time," he shrugs. "Me, I've seen a few. The Hunt loved to hoard the damn things. Can't say I know much about them, though. I wasn't exactly kept in the loop, and I don't remember my time over there all that well anyway."

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"I do not," answers Gregory. "But I will let you know when I do. I already believe it to be a Token with an influence over the passage of time, though that be obvious. I think if we all put our heads together the answer will become clear. I believe we should stay allied in our purpose lest They decide to be more assertive in their negotiations."

Gregory works at finishing more of his own foodstuffs before continuing. "But I be glad we are in agreement in this. I will send word for you soon. By text, I think it best."

Marcus hands something to each of his teammates after accepting his new role as Freehold General.

"Here you go. Thought they might come in handy. Just make sure you eat them sooner rather than later. Good job guys."

And just like that, the metalflesh is gone as he makes his way back to the carving station.

OOC

Marcus exits this conversation.

Closed Thread