Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Club Can't Handle (Our Singing)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

July slumped in his chair and chuckled. "Clearly we got a bunch of rock fans, though maybe we should have let the original guys sing." The drinks were certainly having an effect on his self-control. He stood up and stretched out his shoulders for no apparent reason. It wasn't like he was going dance...or was he?

"Let me check for my choice first..." and his sentence trailed off as he went to go check the song list. Finding his strange choice he said, "Ahhh, here it is."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-03 19:07:31 July rolls 4 to Do the Robot (Dex+Exp) (10 Again) 4, 10, 6, 4, 10, 8 3 successes

The music started and July started doing the robot...really well actually. He stuck in time with the music just as the first lines started. "Well, now, don't you tell me to smile...

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-03 19:09:17 July rolls 4 to Rap yo (Pre+Exp) (10 Again) 7, 6, 6, 6 failure

And then he completely butchers it from there. Like...bad. He knows the words, well at least most of them, but he is completely out of time. Clearly he drank way too much before getting up there to sing. Upon finishing the end of the song he sat down pleased with himself. "Well there you go. Original."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Intergalactic planetary!"

An enthusiastic yell rang out on the last chorus. Whoops. Even stood up. At least the popping and locking got contained.

"Dude. When did you get cool?"
    A laughing fist bump was offered to July.

And, what happened to that Cool Guy?

"Errrrr... nice pick, Emrys."
    Sure, July sucked too, but someone was hiding some legit Robot skills. Kollaborate. Besides, who doesn't like Bon Jovi?

Khakis shuffled over to the stage, and long fingers produced a phone and line-out cord. It's what you do when you know they won't have what you want. A few seconds of inspection on the machine, and the phone was hooked up. Ready? Not yet. Just a little more prep. Supernal Will reached out to hoe away from home, to a tower where a Name was written. Aether was pulled, woven, and wefted into the light inside the room. What? Avis cast too, yo. Private rooms are for fun, not just talking. Waves were gathered, sorted into a spectrum to match the major music scale -- gemstones instead of keys.

One and wrapped around the mic and the other hit play on the phone. Light throbbed and shifted as the music began, a personal light show to go with the up-tempo, gender bent rendition.

"Call all the ladies out..."

Because We're on each other's team.

3 successes to Influence Light, 4 Successes to Sing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-04 22:36:53 Star rolls 5 to Send out the call (Singing PRE + Express) (10 Again) 10, 10, 10, 2, 7, 10, 7, 6, 5 4 successes
    2015-09-04 22:35:53 Star rolls 6 to Can I get a strobe?! Influence Light (10 Again) 7, 2, 5, 9, 8, 9 3 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes InvertedMonkey, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Wow. Seriously? Fuckin' Kiss? And what was up with that pop-shit that Star sang?

It was a good thing their rooms were sound-proofed. And head phones. Cause sometimes she wasn't just in her room.But, well, there had to be some give and take. Grin and bear it, once in a while. Maybe someone wanted music while they cooked? Or during a card game. There had to be some compromise. So, really, it wasn't that bad having to sit through the Karaoke. Especially not when, like, it was your cabalmates singing. Even if it was terrible, it was still a side of them that she hadn't seen before, and might rarely see again.

And, no matter how much she hated the song Star sang, she did like to hear him sing, and to see him make art out of the air before him, making it dance with his will.

He definitely got the loudest applause.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Emrys

PRE

Ermac picking Kiss almost surprised Emrys as much as July picking Beastie Boys. He smiled through both songs, moreso when what he thought was a stingy Sentinel decided to do the robot. Officially surprised.

"Thanks." The Enchanter said to Star before he took the stage. Of coarse it was a love song for the love birds that concluded the first round of singing. It was sweet, as uncomfortable with the notion as Emrys was. The light show was a nice touch also, and it was even the full range of color now that it could make someone smile without worrying about the right way to behave at a funeral.

When Avis clapped he did too, for light shows, singers, and robots.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There are few things that karaoke can't solve.

Hopefully? They'd get that 'team' was 'the cabal'. Words, yo. Gotta listen.

"Awesome sauce, boom, round one is in the bag."
    Feet padded back over to the couch, cutting a wide berth around the edge of the table.

"Okay, like, now that everyone is all, like, happy, some of you had a drink, got just a liiiitttttttle bit of business to discuss?"
    That's right. Everyone is getting Jerry MaGuired. Wined and dined in public, except with lyrics instead of food. Celebratory dinners are for After.

"So, we got this super Secret Squirrel mission to do, for the Librarians. A delivery. Think Transporter. July, we voted, you get to be Jason Statham so you'll need to shave your head. Anyway? We just gotta take some rock the size of a footlocker somewhere. Everyone in?"

Remember, a cabal that Favors together something something together.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

July returned the fist bump and returned to his seat. Water. Must drink water. Star then got up and sang, which he did a good job with combined with the light work. It did make him a little dizzy though.

He joined in clapping with the rest of them before Star brought things to a more serious note. "I'm in, but without the shaved head." And they'd have to force him to do it, but who gonna hold the man with two guns and a trigger finger down and shave his head?

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

One singer and a lot of people who can try. Good thing Consilium isn't a talent show or we'd be screwed. Good light show too.

"How far is somewhere? We'll want a van I'm guessing?" Maybe Avis will forget about the dishes...though doing dishes does suck so probably not.

"Or a truck maybe? Unless I'm thinking of something way too big." Cause Footlocker is a store and the locker rooms of gyms are places Arthur doesn't go.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    E
    Ermac

The strobe light effect certainly contributed toward Ermac's applause. "Great show!" he cheered.

Then came business. Alas, duty calls. The Obrimos silently regarded the situation. Hearing July being voted as Jason Statham's stand-in, he chuckled. "Hey they say bald is beautiful, so why not give it a shot."

He grinned briefly before returning to seriousness. "I'm in. Tell me what we need and I'll see what I can do to help."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"We already have the van. And it's, like, an awesome van, too. Has camouflage on it and everything. I mean, c'mon, who would expect a bunch of wizards to ride around in a van with a wizard painted on it?" Avis asked, the beginnings of a smile curling at her lips.

"Only downside is that it only has a tape deck, so we'll have to, like, play road trip games or something."

Something like, oh, look out for other killer Magi. Thankfully, they'd be moving it in the daylight, so that limited what the opposition could do. The worst that'd happen would be if the Seers used cops to stop 'em, but that's what Hallucinations were for, after all. She'd have to brush up on her police radio codes. July could probably help with that. Oh, speaking of help...

"Ermac, do you think you could rig up a police scanner for us? That'd be a big help. Otherwise, I think we'll just need snacks, gas, a spare tire, and whatever weapons y'all feel comfortable bringing."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

13. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post

Emrys

PRE

A soft sigh escaped the Enchanter as fun turned to favors. He wondered why Tyria hadn't stormed the last Concilium for her duel, and it seemed a compromise had been made. At least Star selling it as a little favor made it seem they consented rather then being harassed into complacency.

"I'm in." Emrys confirmed with a nod to Star. When Avis mentioned a police scanner he quirked an eyebrow. "Is this delivery going to be local? I ask because Arthur mentioned some other time he knows some folks in law enforcement. If legality is an issue maybe he can talk to his people and figure out where the patrols are?"

He looked over to the Herald and shrugged. "That or I could divine the future of the crystal and the van. See what some possibilities to watch out for are." He looked back and forth between Avis and Star. So far it looked like their show, so he wasn't going to start flinging spells on a mission unless they thought it was necessary.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread