Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Club Can't Handle (Our Singing)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

We see you, D. Guetta.

Pop Quiz: What do you do with two Benjamins you Totally Innocently Found?

Nestled inside of Old Sacramento -- SKY KTV. An upscale club exterior with a karaoke heart. At $38 per hour, there are even private rooms. Perfect for singing and Talking Freely.

Everyone knows there are Banishers out there. Murders, GLO, Consilium Arguments, Rites of Requite, blah, blah, blah. What a downer. Here's the thing. Spend all day, every day, every week of every month trying to Save The World -- or at least dodging the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune? Pretty soon, everyone hates everything and everyone.

When Veiled Threats had first formed, they'd Done Stuff. Hung out. Lunch with Avis. Rock climbing with Asp. And... well. Nevermind all the rest. Shhhh.

Having fun is important. True story.

Fingers counted off bills, paying for The Crew. The mop bobbed slightly on a long neck that was bobbing to the bass within.

"You all ready?! Eric, I swear, you better have a new song!"

Because Rick Roll.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I've got a new song," Avis chimed in, coming into the room. "Different band, even, though it's the same genre, I s'pose."

A shrug lifted the shoulders of her studded leather jacket. If something fit, and all that. Not that change wasn't a good thing.

"I've gotta say, though, out of all of us the two I'm most curious about are Emrys and July. I mean, Emrys likes his words, so it'll be cool to see how he translates that into something musical. Or, ya know, an attempt at music. And July, well, I keep imagining him singing like Woody Guthrie, but who knows. Maybe he'll bust out something crazy."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes West liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

"I'm gonna need a lot of drinks in me before you hear anything crazy. Without some liquid courage I normally just pick Johnny Cash," July said. He wasn't exactly a fan of karaoke but he knew he needed fun just like the rest of them. If he could stumble his way through one song maybe he could just relax and listen to the others bumble through their songs. He didn't know if anyone was actually a good singer. Luckily he wasn't too self-conscious about his own singing; he knew why he was a cop and not a rock star.

E
    Ermac

The vision impaired Obrimos looked around curiously. "It's been a while since I sang..." He let out a hearty chuckle at Star's insistence on a new song. A mischievous grin appeared, "~ You know the rules, and so do I... ~"

Looking to July, "Johnny Cash is good." An apparent moment of inspiration, "Dude! Sing When the Man Comes Around!"

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmm Johnny Cash. That Nine Inch Nails cover gives me the shivers." It's been a while since Arthur's been in a karaoke bar. Most of those memories are boozed filled and blurred beyond clarity. "Hurt, that's the name."

"That's sad though. So what instead..." Do karaoke bars do hip-hop now?
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Emrys

PRE

Emrys silently entered their private room after the rest. Karaoke wasn't something he had done since college, but it had been fun enough before that he actually looked forward to it.

"Muse or Bon Jovi?" The Enchanter said, tacking his own thoughts onto the end of Arthur's. "No idea what song though."

Obvious choice was obvious for the Libertine, but obvious was no fun at all. And that was where his mind idled until he realized how conspicuously sober he was.

"Also quick question since it's available, alcohol or no?" Eyes dance between the couple. He remembered the request from the dinner, so he wasn't overly concerned if the answer was no.

Pot 1 Time sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-25 20:27:28 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advance Prolong) (10 Again) 5, 10, 3, 7, 3, 2, 7 1 success

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Excellent question, yo.

Like every excellent question? Turn it over. Ponder it. Think about the answers.

Then? Ignore it.

No, seriously, someone else field that grounder. Shortstop's busy covering... whatever it is a shortstop covers when they aren't covering grounders powered dead center between second and third.

"You know what's going to be hilarious? Like, legit? When July drops some Pavarotti on us. The Man in Black? Come on. So. Predictable. I dunno. I dunno, man."
    Eyes flickered over to Arthur and shoulders shrugged. "I know everyone is all like, 'oh wow'," Wide eyes and jazz hands showed just how wow. "But I, uh, I'm all about the original. That was like the last solid album Reznor dropped, I think? The rest, man, so much posing and selling out."

A shin thumping on the coffee table preceded a hiss of pain and wide eyes. Ow. Ow. Seriously? Who was the rocket scientist that came up with glass coffee tables? In the dark?

"Uh, watch out. Everyone."

See that? Taking one for the team.

Long legs flopped outward as khakis folded and sprawled onto a couch.

"So, I'm thinking, we go alphabetical? That's, you know, fair... right?"

Super. Fair.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Whatever," Avis remarked with a shrug. "Embrace your radical freedom or some shit, I don't care."

He wanted to murder brain cells with the fuckin' Lie, that was his choice. Of course, knowing how stubborn Emrys was, maybe he viewed it more as his liver fighting the lie out of his bloodstream. Conflict, sure, but not the sort of thing that was balanced. Kind of like a shin versus a coffee table. There were some conflicts that just couldn't be begun without being out of control.

"And careful, Star," Avis chided, collapsing onto the couch next to the injured mage. "Striker's the only person with life I'd know to call, and I'm pretty sure you'd rather lose a leg than let him mess with your body. Besides, we need you whole. A one legged illusionist just isn't as impressive."

A brief smile flickered out and then Avis reached over to fluff the Mop before turning to the other Obrimos in the room.

"So, I don't have a diploma or anything, but I'm pretty sure R comes before V, so I think you're up Arthur. Unless you still need some time to pick your song?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

"Original eh?" He normally went for Johnny Cash because it wasn't out of character and he could actually sound well doing it. What they didn't know was that years on the street had taught him to diversify his music so, after a drink...or two, he may have a surprise song for them.

He stood up and said, "I'll step out to get a drink, be right back." She may have given him permission but he wasn't about to tempt her by drinking in front of her, that just wouldn't be right. Having left the room he quickly got the bartender's attention and got himself a double scotch...he would need it if he was going to sing and luckily he had a couple people ahead of him in the alphabet.

E
    Ermac

Though he couldn't see very well, Ermac's hearing functioned. Star referred to him as "Eric," on the way in. Avis mentioned his fellow Obrimos and the wayward Arrow by their Shadow Names.

Rather than risk contributing to it, he kept quiet as Names were mentioned. Seeing an opportunity with July stepping out, he arose to follow. "I'm gonna go get a glass of my favorite," giving a slick grin to Arthur in particular.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread