Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
(Tower Bridge) Dinner with a Herald

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Miach

PRE

"Yeah... sometime..." the Acanthus replied, though he clearly meant much, much later. It still gave him nightmares at times, so...

It seemed he and the Herald shared the opinion that their options were slim. "Would it ? I don't know... I don't think they are so united as we fear. If you want to destroy Magic... and your teammates use Magic... wouldn't you be wary of them ? Perhaps their fear can be put to use against them..." though it would take someone more tactically minded than Miach to make it work.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ha good point. They do seem to work together though? Or maybe the University is an anomaly? Honestly though I'm not sure I'd be happy if it were." It's Arthur's turn to look worried again. "I imagine things are pretty weird in their heads if they hate magic and yet use it."

A small dismissive hand wave. "Ok bad word choice. Insane may be better." The hand falls to grasp the glass of wine like an anchor to sanity. An anchor that's empty.

"We may have the chance to talk with one of our unstable neighbors in the near future if the University doesn't turn into a Sherman's March. Which it may, I don't know the game plan."
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Miach

PRE

"I don't know how united they are, but yes, as far as I know, they work as a team. Which speaks volumes about our inability to do so..." but how to bind them ? Better mages than he had tried, and failed. One thing was sure, though, he wouldn't give up. There simply was no alternative, when Reality was at stake.

Catching the Herald's look at his glass, he realized his own was empty too. Damn... those glasses sure were small.

"I thought it was VT who was preparing said game plan ? " he asked, puzzled by Arthur's lack of information. He could understand if he refrained from sharing, but that...

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Two fronts. I'm working the people angle. Trying to see who they know. To which the answer is apparently, Yes, followed by, good luck." Arthur shakes his head. It's scary how deep they are into the city. How long have they been there? How many Awakened did they corrupt? How screwed are we?

"I'm leaving the actual battle plans to the people who know how to do that." Though it is kind of weird talking to one of the Three about another of the Three.

Miach

PRE

Two fronts, eh ? It made sense, actually. They needed to do more than extirpate the Banishers, they needed to cure the City of their influence as well. "If you need help in the Medical department, I'd be glad to help." he offered to the Herald, just in case.

As for battle plans... "I remember a time when Avis - or was it Asp - suggested we do joint training to better work as a team when facing such odds... I wonder what's come of that excellent idea ?" a seed. If it could be a seed for a future cooperation...

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'll call you if things move towards Medicine. But joint training?" Yep that's a grimace. "I'll pass on that one. I don't enjoy getting my ass kicked." Arrows are professional asskickers. That's what they do.

"But I'll let you know if Avis talks about it? I'm not aware of any plans right now."

Want to wrap soon?

Miach

PRE

"Please do so. So long as you're aware of it, I trust you'll act accordingly." Miach replied, glad that it could be the answer to both questions about Medicine, or joint training. His glass was now mesmerizingly empty, and his throat aching for more.

Of course, it rose the question of the communication within VT, but that may be a bit sensitive to ask. "If only all the meetings between our kind could be as peaceful as this one..." he finished longingly, thinking back to the latest Consilium.

Sure, I think we've covered most of the current issues. Unless you wanted to bring up something else ?

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur sighs. "Ah if only. Personally I'd enjoy a nice drink before meetings but not the best form." Then chuckles.

"It has been good talking with you, the night calls."

Nothing more at the moment from me.

Miach

PRE

"That she does. Pleasure's been all mine. Take care, Arthur, and be seeing you soon." Miach concluded, leaving the rest of the evening to each of them, as they saw fit.

End Scene. Thanks !

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread