Ended
Watch

(1508) Daniel Wells Acknowledgement

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Heading off from the main area, Juan leads Daniel to one of the private rooms. Opening the door, he allowed Daniel entry first. "Have a seat and we will get started."

N
    Noel

He quickly obeyed the man, not just because his presence weighed as heavily upon him as the mans beast but also because it was taking further away from the other beasts. He glides through the doorway then to the table where he sat quietly, hands on the table and watching Juan's every movement. "Thank you Priscus Cordoba, I'm grateful for your time." He was nervous but his voice held strong.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Closing the door behind him, Cordoba sat down across from Wells. The unfamiliar weaker Blood demanded something awful to placated. Taking a moment to look the Kindred once over, "Daniel Wells," he said the Daeva's name aloud. "Tell me about yourself. Where are you coming from?"

N
    Noel

"Well sir of late I've been more or less a nomad for the last couple ears. I started and learned our rules in Seattle but have been up and down the west cost. I was looking for a place to call my own and stop wandering quite so much. I did a little research on who's who here before showing which is how I knew your name. I'm a Daeva of no special bloodlines but I can be useful to the domain if allowed to stay. I have no intention of breaking the laws of our kind but I am a professional wheelman... a getaway driver in case you didn't follow the vulgar argot of thieves sir. I would also be willing to use my services as a driver and running if needed to help with patrols around the domain helping the sheriffs and the Archon." He wasn't sitting ramrod straight but he was not slouching either. His eyes watched the Priscus with curiosity mixed with the proper amount of fear for a smaller beast meeting with a larger one. His small presence leaked friendliness, he was being ernest and honest perhaps as a sign of respect to his family member.

J
    Juan Cordoba

A series of key words caught Cordoba's interest. "A getaway driver," he repeated in confirmation. "I sincerely hope you would not violate the Laws of the Domain established by His Grace. However, I must inquire further. Your occupation as it is, do you have any affiliation with the underworld? Yes or no?"

N
    Noel

"Not right this moment. But my occupation will give me a certain reputation with them, so I will at some point. I will create at the very least useful contacts if not allies in many different fields mostly criminal. I also do underground street races, those are also not legal." Again he seems direct and earnest.

"As far as I can tell, fulfilling my transportation services won't be breaking the Laws of the Domain, Priscus."

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Priscus mulled over the admission of criminal involvement. "Transportation services, as you describe it, is an issue for me." His eyes watched Daniel's reaction.

"Have you considered similar line of work?" Juan pressed his fingers together, stretching long dead tendons. "One that does not risk the police coming after you? If you were arrested that would result in other problems." Problems that did not need to be stated. "I have heard of the transport service, Uber. It is not illegal just yet and popular among youth. Have you any interest in that?"

N
    Noel

He smiles, "Not really sir. It's also why I was going to offer my skills to the domain as doing patrols for security, and using my skills to respond to emergencies. I have no issue with using my skills to benefit our family or the domain as a whole. I understand your issues with me getting caught, though if I may. Most of us run that risk every night we feed. Also, you may not now much about the underworld which is why your issues have been piqued. I do have to say I am impressed if you have risen to such position and....potency without having to resort to criminal activities." He actually does look rather impressed.

"But to try and help alleviate your issues. I would of course only be available at night. So the jobs I would be hired for are not the movie scene bank robberies and things like that. Well, sometimes bank robberies but not in broad daylight obviously so that brings about a different set of professionals. People not wanting to cause a rukus with the kine. People who use more stealth and reason, so my driving is more of getting them away but following the rules of the road, and not drawing attention to them. A bit easier since that is my skill set and they may be hyped up a bit from their robbery. So that is low key."

"The things I am more to be hired for would be close to your uber mention only that I would move people who don't want to be seen or found to places they don't want to be seen or found. I can also be hired to transport items, possessions. All much less flashy and glamourous then what you may be thinking. But still far more interesting and exciting for me. The street racing is a way for me to hunt in plain view withou getting caught and to raise some cash or score vehicles without having to steal them. Does that help your issues for me sir? I am not a hitman, I can shoot but haven't ever even had to shoot anyone. I also don't want to lie to you and just tell you I'll do the Uber thing as you could easily find out I'm not and there would be trouble."

"I'm being as honest as possible for that reason, no need to cause you trouble because you didn't know the kinds of things I was doing. In fact you may even be able to lever my talents with others to gather your own favors. At least one other so far has shown an interest in maybe having work for my skills."

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan held up a hand, "You have made your dedication to the Family and Domain abundantly clear." The Priscus then returned to pressing his hands together.

Seemingly unimpressed with what was exchanged thus far, "Bank robberies are as attention-grabbing as they are rare. Theft is going high tech, even I am aware of that." He twirled a hand, wriggling his fingers as if conducting some magic show, "Identity theft, hacking, social engineering to obtain the right credentials. I read the papers. Target was breached through an HVAC company. A keyboard and an internet connection."

Brown eyes leveled upon Daniel, his tone was serious. "Shooting people is a circumstance of last resort. Because that brings the police into our circles." Cordoba paused, thinking how to address this new Daeva. "Transporting goods and services is well and good, however, I want to steer you away from the wrong kind of attention."

Addressing Well's earlier comment on his age and position, "I did not survive this long by being loud and conspicuous." Switching to a fatherly voice, "That is why I am suggesting more legitimate fronts. Think of how easy it is to get away with it. Slake your need for speed. Earn a reasonable amount of money, especially from the drunks needing a lift home. You have a meal riding in your back seat who ends up paying you. I can only wish that convenience was around when I was your age."

N
    Noel

The fatherly tack was not what he had been expecting. Nor had he expected a kindred to be that averse to his dealings. ~Surprise after surprise, this was indeed an interesting domain.~ He thinks to himself. "My tastes run....not towards drunks Priscus. My family curse leaves that abundently clear. I also agree with you on shooting people. I don't take jobs that are that risky, nor even own a gun. So not even viably a last resort. I brought it up only to let you know I wasn't that kind of person. And you do know that taxis especially Uber have been under investigation lately. Rapes, murders, hold ups. I can face some chance that a crew I am moving about might try to kill me after the job. Or try to stiff me for my cut. But they run the risk of me getting away and then their rep is.....no longer going to get them anywhere. I'm not going to argue that the only way to make money is doing illegal things, that would be stupid. But it is something I know, something I'm good at."

"If....if you would feel better about my staying in the city I could slightly curtail my activities. I could stick to just moving people and goods rather than riskier jobs like heists. Much more low key, but I still need to hunt for more than just blood...and girls looking for a bad boy hang out in some interesting areas. Underground racing fits me, has a good safety margin and provides both the needs I have. This is also not an every night thing. I also spend a lot of time reading, studying, and chatting with others."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.