THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Crossing Sacramento's Deep Water Shipping Channel is the Daniel Palamidessi Bridge, a structure finished in 1997 to expand access to West Sacramento's Southport Area and bring new residential and commercial development. Running alongside the river are one of the city's many branches of train tracks, allowing shipping to come directly through the Port of Sacramento.

Beneath the bridge is Konrad, lighting up a cigarette and puffing away idly. He'd scared off the couple of vagrants that had been loitering there to claim the spot for himself. The tracks themselves have been fenced off to keep any such vagabonds from falling drunk on the tracks. Though portions of the chain fence seem bent and warped in some places as well as easy to climb. Several more lines of tracks come parallel past the bridge, some diverting northward, but ultimately creating a railyard sandwiched between the river and a bordering treeline, and beyond it a dense suburb.

Marco and Konrad had agreed to meet and Konrad had chosen the spot given his recent housing troubles. He had wanted to stay close to the Port, hoping to catch sight of the cargo ships that came down the channel. The Savage brings out his phone, checking to see if any new messages came for when his Carthian cohort might arrive.

M
    Matrixchild

Luckily Marco had uploaded all his contacts to the cloud and was given the same phone number. He'd be useless without his phone...probably. He arrived dressed in just a button-up shirt and black slacks. It was slumming it for his usual dress but he was quite alright with that tonight. Arriving close to the designated time he followed the path down to the underside of the bridge to find Konrad smoking away like some kind of 90s kid. Maybe he was just 'too cool for school'. The thoughts helped push the beast aside, though it certainly helped that he had grown accustom to the man.

Walking forward with his hands in his pocket Marco said, "Good to see you Konrad, how bout that party?" A smirk sat on his face as if hoping to lighten the tragedy that had previously befell them.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad's Beast senses the rival in their approach and his eyes follow, gazing out into the night with only a cinder to light his face in the darkness. Konrad smirks, but there is no mirth in it. He blows out a ring of smoke up towards the cement ceiling above them.

"Yeah, how bout it," echoes Konrad dismally. He pauses, pulling himself up to his feet to stand and regard the handsome Daeva. "How's your wound?" he asks, gesturing idly with the cigarette between his fingers.

M
    Matrixchild

Marco looked down to his chest where the wound was still healing. "It's gotten better. I hope to be all healed up by tomorrow night. What about yours?" He imagined Konrad would be fine as well, though it may take slightly longer than Marco's due to the severity.

"Now, I know with Gerald gone we'd probably have held off having another meeting but I figured with the two new ones I should set one up. I wanted to talk to you first though about Gerald's absence. I'd like to take over the Prefect position. I've been pretty much doing it anyway without the title and I think I've made it pretty well known to others that if anyone's interested in the Movement they need only talk to me. Do you agree?" He didn't know if Konrad wanted the position, but he figured he'd come out of the gates making it known what he wanted.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad holds up his hand, ungloved with traces of burnt flesh for an unnatural blackening. It's hard to see in the light, but it may look slightly better than the previous night. "It's a pain. Been wearing gloves to get around, but hurts like a bitch still."

It doesn't take long for Marco to get down to business, bringing up Gerald and matters of the Movement. But then they didn't need much small talk between them.

"You would like that, wouldn't you," remarks Konrad, drawing another puff off the cigarette and letting the smoke out through his nostrils. "Exactly what have you been doing to fulfill that position that I haven't?" he asks, a questionable tone to his voice.

6. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

Marco looked to the hand and was only reminded of his own fear at the sight of the fire. "I know what you mean."

He then shifted himself to his other leg, crossing his arms as he spoke. "Everyone I've met talks to me about our ideals and beliefs, be it David or Josephine, hell you even asked me to explain something to Vivian last meeting. When Diana called to meet she spoke as if the rumor around town was I was the de facto leader, to which I of course explained how it really works. I'm not saying you're not qualified, in fact I think you've shown, in a way, that you handle relations between non-members really well, but in terms of representing the Movement I just think I should handle that. As we both know that wouldn't make me your boss or anything like that. We'd still be equal in decision making. I just think it's clear I've become the de facto person people go to for membership info." He keeps his gaze friendly while at the same time he gauged what the other was thinking. Konrad certainly had his own ideas about the Movement, but no one could really argue that Marco knew the most about the principles and beliefs, and was already reaching out to others.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Well, unfortunately it doesn't only matter what you think. You should know better than anyone that that position is an elected one. We probably shouldn't have even bothered having a Prefect or Myrmidon at all, given it was just the three of us for a while there. But now that there's an influx you think you can just step into the role? Not how it works. Next time we hold a meeting we'll decide as a Covenant who holds that responsibility." Konrad doesn't seem angry at the power play, though the content of his speech remains accusative.

Velma's words surface in his mind. She had called it alright, maybe even brought it about.

"And what's this about you planning on starting up a caberet? What happened to the freight and shipping business that I proposed? You think that's why I was helping you to get Tenancy?"

9. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

He watched Konrad as he spoke, studying what he said and how he said it. A smile came across his face. "I think you're absolutely right, it is an elected position. I guess, I was merely letting you know of my intent to seek it. And I agree we may not need a Myrmidon position at the moment, especially with only four members, but we definitely need someone that the domain knows they can seek out. A representative that can be reached and sought out for information and coordination. But you're right, it should be decided on by the whole covenant, and we can do that at the next meeting."

At the mention of the cabaret a look of surprise came across his face. "Oh you heard that eh? Well it's nothing malicious. I have kept in mind the shipping business and fully intend to help you work towards that goal, but I'm always a fan of diversification. We both have connections to the criminal world, but mine pales in comparison to yours. It would seem with your help I should get Tenancy soon but that doesn't mean we need to put all our eggs in one basket. The shipping was for influence and power, create a supply of items for the domain. The cabaret, which I did intent to tell you about but haven't had the chance since it was just recently conceptualized, is to create a space for our people to have fun and possibly get something to eat. I'd also like it to eventually be known as our covenant's meeting spot. Both lead to influence and power. They compliment, not contradict each other. I had actually planned on bringing it up at the meeting," he said with his usual smile.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad considers Marco's words, tapping out his cigarette of its ash which sends small cinders trickling to the ground. His mouth twists, scrutinizing the Myrmidon's apparent sincerity.

"Alright then," he says impassively. "As long as we're on the same page here. Maybe we should try to get at least one egg in our basket before trying to a dozen. But yeah, we'll discuss it more at the meeting. So, we got Gabrielle and Diana. She's told me she met with you already. That'll make four. With Star gone too that means one less Invictus. And I don't know about you but I think their Deputy, Yui, has skipped town since she hasn't been around either. So things are looking good for the Movement, despite the Beach fiasco."

M
    Matrixchild

"Oh, don't worry about the Cabaret, I think it's going to take me a while to get all the resources I need to get it up and running anyway. Like I said, it's just in the planning stages. And I was certainly happy to hear about Velma. I've been trying to spread the idea of me as Harpy around, get us more influence and power. Build and build you know. I've actually started meeting with Martha and she suggested I speak to Katya about the position. Even with the beach I seem to be on good terms with her."

At the mention of Rina he looked surprised, "Really? Rina's gone? That's quite surprising. I remember how much she cared for the domain so I find that quite strange."

"But even without those two we still have plenty to worry about, especially our reputation after the party. Hopefully with all the drama connected to your ghoul, and your text that he may have been controlled, we may be able to play it off as a one-off and not truly covenant connected, maybe even connected to something else entirely, like it was all out of our control. We can spin that, somehow,"
    though he wasn't fully sure how yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread