Ended
Watch

Dos Amigos with a Vengence

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

His call to Juan had been last minute. His experience at the beach party combined quite serendipitously with their last meeting and that worried the Daeva a great deal. Instead of looking for a private location he just gave his Priscus the address of his haven. Was it the worst decision he'd ever made? He wouldn't find out tonight, but he'd certainly know eventually if he acted in folly. His haven was simple, small but in a decent area with reasonable access to bars and clubs, the perfect place for a Daeva to feed. He headed down the stairs to the front and waited for the man's arrival.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Given the urgency of Marco's call, Juan had little time to prepare as well-dressed as he liked to be. Casual - a t-shirt and jeans, he strode with purpose to the address. This better be damn important, he thought to himself.

Seeing Fernandez at the door, he approached and waved, "Hola hola."

M
    Matrixchild

Marco was not in his usual suit and he was glad to see neither was Juan. Seeing the man in casual clothes made it that much easier to keep his own beast in check. Things were too urgent to deal with a relentless inner demon.

"Hola. We should speak upstairs." With that, Marco held the door open for his Priscus then stepped ahead and led the way up to his small apartment. Once inside Marco gestured to his couch while he grabbed a chair from his table to sit on and face the man.

Conversation in Spanish

"I'm sorry for the short notice but something happened that made me think of our previous conversation."

J
    Juan Cordoba

Marco's weaker blood tugged upon his psyche. Not as strongly as it once did. But it was still there. Forever, it would be.

Following the Daeva up the stairs, the Priscus's eyes flitted around their surroundings committing things to memory and searching for potential trouble. Once inside, he takes a seat on the couch as requested by his host.

A brow arched up slowly.

Begin Spanish conversation

"Something...happened." he replied to Fernandez. "I'm very curious as to what you mean by that."

M
    Matrixchild

He was glad that Cordoba appeared comfortable with skipping formalities or small talk. There was no room for jokes or charm tonight. "Unfortunately yes. I'm sure you heard the Movement was planning a Beach Party? Well Konrad brought his ghoul and at first he seemed completely normal, then out of nowhere he pulled a roman candle out and started firing it at myself and Konrad, hitting both of us. The unusual thing about it all though, other than its suddenness with no clear sign of provocation, was that the man appeared horrified and terrified while he did it. And I don't mean scared because of what we are. Scared because of something else. And after what you told me a connection was made, maybe he wasn't in control of his body? Could he have been affected by the same one with the cult? What do you think?"

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan's eyes narrowed in a silent fury. A pair of hands curled into fists, knuckles popped from the tension. "That is not a coincidence."

The Daeva fell silent, "God damn it," he hissed, shaking his head. "That Ghoul knows who was present. I'm willing to bet the rest of the hivemind knows as well." Cordoba paused, his lip twitching in thought, "Have you had any contact with Konrad after the event?"

M
    Matrixchild

Juan's answer was both what he feared and what he needed to hear. It helped explain that there was something larger going on with the party than an unwieldy ghoul.

"Not yet, but I can reach out to him as soon as possible to try and get a response." He would probably want to meet Konrad in person though, God knows he may want to cover up his ghoul's actions.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Raising a fist to his own chin in thought, "This is a problem..." he quietly commented. "I'm concerned over that man. Cody could easily incapacitate Konrad and we wouldn't know." It was most frightening disadvantage of owning a Ghoul. He knows where his master sleeps. Wind hissed passed his teeth. "We have no idea what it is nor deal with it beyond obvious measures."

A definitive silence came upon the Priscus. Pieces were falling together and it infuriated him. Juan's eyes turned deadly serious, "You are not to mention this fiasco to anyone in nor outside of Court. Only you and I." He held up an index finger, pointing between the two of them. "If Konrad or anyone else who was there starts running his fucking mouth, you excuse yourself and you call me."

"Keep your distance." He decided. "Right now, Cody is a threat and Konrad is the weakest link. If you see his Ghoul, get the hell out of the area and call me. If he poses an imminent threat to your safety, beat him unconscious if you are able to. We can interrogate him later. If not, then..." he need not say what had to be said.

M
    Matrixchild

As Marco was listening to Juan talk his way through the trouble he felt his phone vibrate. Discreetly he looked down and said, "Well Konrad just texted me 'Found Cody. Seems like he was under the influence at the party. He says he's very very sorry. I believe him,'" he said, putting finger quotes up for the direct quote. "I don't know if it disproves or proves incapacitation, but there's that."

"And I will keep you appraised of anyone talking about the situation and be extra careful to keep any eye out for Cody, regardless for what Konrad says. You will be the only one I discuss whatever I know or find on the matter."

He wasn't sure if he could knock the ghoul out, but he would certainly try or at least attempt controlling the man himself. In the end though he would do what needed to be done.

J
    Juan Cordoba

A clenched fist slammed down upon the arm of the chair. Intense fury alighted in his eyes. "That man is either a fucking liar or so dangerously stupid it will become a threat to the Domain." He quickly arose from his seat.

Glaring at Marco, "If a Kindred takes in a Kine to serve as a Ghoul, that Kindred is responsible for the Ghoul's behavior." Deadly silence replaced the air, "One does not simply set a Ghoul loose like parents watching their child go off to college. He is yours."

The Priscus paced in a line, turning on his heels every ten feet, swearing profusely while his arms flailed wildly. "Konrad fucked up big time. He thinks it's so easy to wash away?" Juan clapped his hands together mimicking the very same. "To be shot with a roman candle? What if was something much worse?" He shook his head furiously. "Blood in, blood out."

Turning to Marco again, "If I were you, I would reconsider my allegiances. His incompetence is going to drag you down with him."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.