Ended
Watch

Guess who's coming to tea

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    L
    LoneRanger

I emerge dreadfully dirty from putting away stuff. The first thing I need is to have a quick wash. Fortunately, the water is cold and I feel a bit of refreshment while removing dirt from my skin. As I do not have much time, I move quickly to the kitchen to put on the kettle.

I prepare some other small amenities, a plate full of biscuit. Nothing too deviant from standard biscuits taken from the shops, common brand.

Chanches are I find Infidels in my smartphone. Let's go with it. So while I wait the other to come I listen to Jokerman

Vassagon
    Bigpaw

Miach

PRE

As he reached the Fateful Watch Sanctum, which was thankfully close to Sutter, Miach was still puzzled. He had no clue who their guest could be. Sure, nothing a bit of Magic couldn't solve, but it was trivial. Well, whoever it was, if they were to meet at the Sanctum, it would be interesting. He had some people of his own he was intending to introduce as well, someday soon.

Entering the place he was getting used to, the Enchanter heard the distinguishing nasal voice of Bob Dylan. Not his cup of tea - so to speak - but definitly not something he minded either.

"Good afternoon Pelican, how are you ?" he greeted the tall, elegant Moros with his customary smile. He purposefully didn't ask who they were waiting for, though, eager for the surprise.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce had not yet visited the territory claimed by Fateful Watch but he is not surprised to find its location in Midtown Sacramento, a central location and ideal staging point. He drives up to the residence in his Chevy Impala and parks in a suitable location. He casts a shielding spell on himself before exiting the vehicle, not because he doesn't trust Pelican, but that he's wary of any security the Cabal might have in place and it pays to be careful. Aside from Veiled Threats he has had little interaction with the other Cabals. But as Farseeker of his own he believes it is appropriate that he represent himself well, so he dresses respectably in a suit and tie.

When reaching the threshold he searches for a doorbell to ring, or if none is found he knocks on the door to signal his arrival.

Shield | 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-20 18:34:45 Truce rolls 5 to cast improvised Entropic Guard in Fateful Watch territory [Gno+Death] (10 Again) 7, 7, 4, 8, 10, 9 3 successes

L
    LoneRanger

As Miach enters I nod and smile him friendly.

"Hey boss, enter and have a seat in the kitchen. I am fine, thank you. Hope you are as well."

As I hear the noise from the door, I bow slightly to the doctor and open the door, with a kind smile on the face.

"Good to see you, Truce. Was it difficult to arrive here?"

Saying so, I make space to the Councilor of the Moros so he may enter and, after he enters, I guide him to the kitchen.

Miach

PRE

Making himself at home indeed, the Acanthus stretched on his chair while waiting for the mysterious guest to arrive. As it turned out when Pelican ushered him in, it was Truce... No threat indeed. The tall doctor rose, and extended his hand toward the Councilor of the Necromancers, smiling friendly. "Hey Truce, nice meeting you." It would perhaps be an opportunity to ask him how he fared in the Silver Ladder, and if he had any aftertoughts... who knew ? "Pelican has kindly prepared drinks. You want some ?" he said again, playing his part as a host.

But now remained the main question : the true purpose of this meeting ? Simply having tea ? Probably not.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce enters, smiling softly at the prim and proper gentleman, freshly clean from his wash.

"Hello, Pelican," offers Truce, entering and then asking if he aught to remove his footwear before walking further in depending on if there's carpet or hardwood in the residence. "No, it was no trouble. You have an excellent location here," he answers to the man's question.

When he sees Miach seated in a chair he smiles again and takes the Enchanter's hand in his own. "Miach. Yes it is a pleasure to see you again. I hope things have been progressing well for you."

At the mention of drinks, Truce says, "I would love some, thank you." He stands expectantly, his gaze wandering briefly about the interior before coming to rest on the seats provided. He awaits the offer to sit but continues their small talk. "Pelican hasn't mentioned the purpose of this invitation to me, but I have an idea what it could entail. Has anything been explained to you?" he asks Miach with a glance to the aforementioned.

L
    LoneRanger

I watch Truce and tell him with a kind voice, accompained with a kind smile

"Please, have a seat, Truce. The tea will be served soon. Black tea, green tea? Milk anyone?"

As the water boils in the kettle, the song turns to Man of peace

The water boils and, fuming, is placed in a couple of teapots with some of the chosen teas. The the teapots are brought to the table. The cups are on the table.

I give a quick look to Truce, after he finishes talking.

No, I haven't. would you like a biscuit? There are some custard and chocolate. Let's say Truce and I are following a case of a ghost in a machine lamp post. A simple case, apparently. But with some ramification. For example, the nursing house. Let's say the ghost now rests eternally, thank to the good effort of Truce. Feel free to comment.

I give a look at the Concillor of the Moros, while I take the seat.

Miach

PRE

"I hope things are well for you too." the mystagogue replied to Truce, with the implied undertone of a slight question mark, perhaps.

"Green tea, please. With milk and sugar." he answered his Cabalmate's question. Always the sweet tooth...

The quick summary of the case they brought to him gave him pause, though. If it was a ghost issue, they were of couse much more suitable to the task than he. If they wanted to use his connections in the medical department, though... what could those ramifications be, really ?

"If the ghost now rests eternally..." Menwel, may you find peace "then what do you need me for ? What are those ramifications ?" he asked plainly. Always the better way to get answers. Next, he would ask for a more detailed review, but for now, the short version would do.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Same for me, thank you," answers Truce in response to refreshments. He helps himself to a biscuit as well.

Truce answers Miach's question with his own explanation. "Originally my predecessor, Mace, employed us to investigate the hauntings at this lamp post. The deceased had been a girl from decades ago, killed in a hit and run by a drunk driver. Her specter was obsessed with being united with her father who was supposed to pick up on the evening of her death. Details aside, Pelican is quite correct that the girl no longer suffers in limbo and has passed on."

He sips at the tea as it is provided for him. He continues, "But as for why, Pelican, that you've asked us here today, I'm assuming it has to do with the culprit behind the hit and run?"

L
    LoneRanger

As I sit down, I look at Truce and nod to him.

"And there we go, Truce gave eternal rest to the young lady, but the young lady's killer is still free. Truce did a very competent and efficient job, if I might add. But - This might be considered an half job done.

I serve myself a cup of tea and a biscuit.

"And then... It is hypotysed seeing in the past, at the time this homidice happened, would be benificial to this case, don't you agree?"

I look before at Truce and then at Miach, with a decent smile.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.