Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Stacks of Knowledge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    V

In the middle of an otherwise empty round table sits a Daeva with bright rainbow hair. She has a travel guide to Salt Lake City next to her and several books on drug use. There are also a many textbooks on psychology, mostly novice but a few more advanced ones about addiction. If someone were to sneak up on her, they would see her furiously writing on looseleaf paper, even though she has a laptop bag right next to her.

The striking succubus took a look around her now and again, as if taking a break from whatever was occupying her mind. She rubbed at her temples and yawned. There weren't many people here at this time of night at the library, especially in the summer, but there were a few.

She's dressed cozy in black leggings and an extremely oversized rainbow sweater. The sweater is not a pastel rainbow like her hair, a more traditional one. Her hair for once, is straight. She looks more relaxed than anyone in the domain has ever seen her, even while working seemingly tirelessly.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life
    Attached Images
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

2. Likes Wod.Infant, Phoenix, Chrisie liked this post

Gabrielle entered the library which, oddly, was still opened at this time of night, even though it was still the early dark hours. Being European, she wasn't used to having so much services open very late after dusk. She needed references materials for one of her painting projects, something to do with illustrating typical houses of california and, naturally, she headed at the library where she hoped to find more information.

All the mortals in the place were painfully plain or otherwise too busy to pay attention to her charms, which was annoying, considering she could use a little 'glass of red'. That's where she noticed a unicorn standing among the goblins that were the kine, with hair like rainbow and clothes with extremely outgoing colors. The beast inside her beckoned, wanting more than a little taste of that special snowflake, seemingly unaware of the dangers that were lurking in the night.

After a moment, she recognized her from court. Marco mentioned that her name was Diana and that she was Carthian, which was fitting considering that she was spending her time in the library.

She made her way toward Diana, sat beside the Daeva, and quietly whispered to her :

"Are you finding what you're looking for dear 'sister' ? Do you mind if I sit besides you?"

Which was her way of indicating that they were both daeva ...

-1 Vitae for blush of life

V

Diana jumped a bit at being spoken to, and when she looked up she nearly started even more at her reaction to Gabrielle's beast.

She recovered quickly though and put on a smile, although she didn't look quite as relaxed as before. "Oh, yeah hi. I'm just doing some research here. I think I saw you at court, what brings you to the library?"

She gave the Toreador a look up and down before motioning to a chair next to her. She gathered up the books she had splayed out into a neater pile.

She looked at the Daeva, split between the desire to touch her hair and the wanton need to destroy that seemingly delicate flower. She remained in control of her beast though, at least for the moment.

"I happen to be doing some research here as well, for an art project. As a french, I am endlessly fascinated by the local architecture and would like to immortalize some of it in one of my painting."

She looked at the books that Diana were reading, then went to her hair. How she managed to do that, Gabrielle had absolutely no ideas, but as a Toreador, she certainly could appreciate the artistic skills that must have gone behind it.

"I was wondering about one thing if you don't mind. Your hair ... you have such beautiful hair. I would be curious to know about how you manage such beautiful colors, the dégradé is absolutely marvelous."

There wasn't something not being said out loud : How did she manage to do that without having a clear reflection in the mirror to look at? The words weren't said but the look in Gabrielle eyes was pretty telling.

V

Diana gets asked this question a lot, but not usually by other Kindred. Although most other vampires she encounters are older than her, and are from a different time. To get hair like hers, they would have had to change it after the embrace. "Thank you! Actually, this is the hair I've had for the last.." here she struggles to find the right word, they are in a public venue after all.

"..Well why don't we say that it feels like a lifetime ago that I had another hair colour? So, its honestly been a while since I had to worry about it. Back when I did it, practically nobody had multicoloured hair but a few had some regular weird colours so I just went to a hair dresser and paid her to do it for me. Actually, to tell you the truth, she'd used me as a model in a hair competition but I liked it so much that I kept it up. Now I really just worry about styling it.

Sorry that it isn't more exciting than that."
    she shrugs and runs a hand through her hair.

Still smiling at Gabrielle, her eyes light up, "But we could always try it on you if you wanted! I mean, I mostly still remember how to do it, I'm sure I could pull it off." She looks enthusiastic, but possibly unsure how true her statement actually is. "I could at least show you the basics in hair dye. Before I started paying that girl to dye my hair, I used to dye it pink myself."

She leans back in her chair and eyes the Toreador again. She is beautiful in an almost innocent way, like Martha. The Daeva is more conventionally attractive than the Mekhet though, and so her appeal comes off differently. Diana's smiled turns to a grin and she asks "Would you like that? Spending some time to get to know each other? It'd be like we were girls at school laughing and doing each other's hair." she laughs, although quietly looking around to see if she is bothering any of the patrons of the library.

7. Likes Phoenix liked this post

She listened with interest to Diana's story. So that was it, the hair was fixed by the immutability of the kindred curse. An interesting application of the embrace if she ever saw one. She nodded at Diana's proposal.

"Yeah, I'd like that. Though I like my hair as it is right now, I am opened to suggestion to vary its style from time to time. And, well, they have a tendency to slightly curl. I wouldn't mind trying to liven it up with bright colors."

She laughed discreetly at the comparaison Diana made with two girls being at school.

"Well I guess we can considered closed enough for that kind of activities." Which was a discreet reference to both their clan and covenant membership. "We could start by getting to know each other better. As you may have guessed by my accent, I am not from around here, well, I am from France to be specific. What about you? What can you tell me about yourself?"

V

"You're pretty new too, aren't you? Do you even have a place in the city yet?" Diana asks, realizing that in order for the two of them to have a party like the one she's describing, she might be expecting to go to Diana's haven. "If not, I'm sure we can just get a room at the Sterling. Have you been there yet?" Her tone is innocent, but she's trying to gauge the Daeva's involvement so far in the Movement against her own.

"I'm from New York City. Born and raised, actually. You've said your French at least twice now, your heritage is obviously pretty important to you. Why travel all the way to a random state capital when you could go anywhere?" the question was genuine, although she was sure she'd be answered with the same one in a minute.

Taking a blank piece of looseleaf, she starts recording the names and authors of all the books she has. She leans in towards her cousin and whispers, "You wouldn't happen to have proper ID would you? I don't think I'm going to be able to get a library card with what I've got."

Four questions, four motives.

"I am afraid I haven't the time to set up a nice place for myself yet. One of the many thing I have to settle for my stay in the city." She pondered at the daeva's question."No, I haven't been to the Sterling yet. I've barely started to meet the local populace as well to be honest."

As for Diana's second question; she simply answered : "Yes, I am very proud of my heritage and would have liked nothing more than stay in Toulouse. Alas, fate has decided otherwise. As for the actual reason, let me just say that my biological family was the issue and leave it at that for the time being."

My,my, that diana was really inquisitive, which made the little unicorn all that more fascinating in the Toreador's eyes."I currently have a french ID card with a student visa. Again, there are many things I have to settle at the moment."

She looked at the books Diana was consulting. "What are you reading if I may ask?"

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Cause effect cause effect. How can two words be such a pain. Like high school all over again but worse. Now the teachers are immortal. So the library...God its been years, good years. Sunglasses check, clean jeans check, clean shirt check, shoes..mostly clean.

Walking through the library Garrick looks down each row as he passes. A scowl forms on the Nosferatu's face as he tries not to stalk, realizing he has no idea what he's looking for. Then the wave of hate and fear washes over him as he sees two beautiful women at a table. Hands flail for weapons that aren't there before Garrick forces the Beast down.

"Good evening.." Remember polite, proper.

"Can I join you?"

-1 V for Blush

V

"Me too, but I've met a few people. Court was a great help towards that." she says, with a smile on her face. As Gabrielle outlines her history, Diana just nods along. Forced relocation seemed to be the order of the day. A common enough reason to move, she supposed.

"Ehh I'm not sure that will work either. Don't worry about it I'll just make photocopies of what I want." she says, smiling at the other succubus.

"I'm reading books about drugs mostly.. I have to confess I don't know a lot about them and..." but her words were cut off as she was distracted by the newcomer. Her beast called for her to show him who was dominant, but she squashed it quickly as she suspected he would be the real winner of that fight, and besides they were in the public library.

"Uh, sure. Hi, I'm Diana." she says to the man, extending a hand. She looks at his eyes but then tries to put her focus somewhere else on his face... his nose, his lips, his eyebrow. Anywhere but those strange milk eyes. His arrival has not wiped the smile from her face though, so she is beaming at him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread