Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Breaking bread among Devils

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"Yes they've let us know about the general problems plaguing the city. Unless they've been more specific with our neighbor Bahlam, I don't know much about it. Maybe you could give us the details, so that we may know how to navigate the city politics."
    He remains unspecific on the matter all the more to let Avis give more details on the problems the consilium was meeting right now.

M
    Macabreengel

After a glance to confirm no one was standing too close, Bahlam said, "Crowley mentioned Banishers and GLO and that they seemed to be centered around the university. If there is anything else, I'm not aware. As far as politics go, everyone seems to agree with your statement. And, no offense to you Richelieu, but i would rather join an established group. I feel like any new group would have to spend a lot of time getting established, and I would prefer to jump right into what's going on."

"I've never mentioned being inclined towards established sub committee rather than new ones. It's your own interpretations of my words. Anyways, I'll see to what's being available. Also, creating a new group can create some forward dynamics. As I said, It's something to ponder about and explore."

He turned back towards Avis.

"If you have something to say about the sub committee, now's the time to talk. It might influence Bahlam and my decision to join an established group or to found a new one. Both ways have their advantages and drawbacks."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Motherfucker, please," Avis spat at Bahlam, "watch what the fuck you say. Look around you. Does this fuckin' look like the place to say that shit? Jesus," she finished, sighing and collapsing further into her seat.

What the hell did he think she was talking about 'sub-committees' for. Like, sure, she mentioned the word council, but that was a pretty general word! Talking about Banishers in public, not to mention GLO, that was one step away from a trial. The fact that he was a Guardian just make it that much worse.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

5. Likes Phoenix, West liked this post
    M
    Macabreengel

"Smooooth," he said sarcastically, keeping his eyes locked with Avis as every head in the establishment turned toward them. Was she right? Probably... yeah. But Jesus, have some professionalism. It certainly wasn't safe to talk now. Standing, he pulled out his wallet and tossed a twenty on the table.

Turning to Richelieu, he gave him an empty smile, "Good luck with the job." Then he turned toward the door and walked out.

Oh god dammit. Way to fucking make friends and influence people, Juan, he thought as he stomped across the parking lot.

His stomach turned all the way home knowing he was going to have to apologize.

Don't god-mod.

Richelieu lost a bit of his composure after the last exchange between the two young mastigos. He had things to say but better to keep his mouth shut for the moment and wait for the storm to pass. He nodded silently and neutrally towards Bahlam when the latter left then, he decided to break what could become an awkward silence.

"Well, I didn't expected that to be honest with you. Anyways ... what should we do now ? It might be better to move elsewhere so we can discuss more freely."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Sure," Avis grumbled, still scowling after the retreating Jaguar. Motherfucker didn't know how close he'd come to getting charged. Even if he wasn't convicted, it would still devastate his reputation among the Guardians of the Veil.

But, she'd give him one free pass. One and only. That was it.

Oddly unsatisfied with that decision, she eventually turned back to Richelieu.

"Can you have them box this up?" she asked, indicating the unfinished food. "A change of location is a good idea."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Such a shame to end the meal on a bad note but hey these things happens. Not only to normal people but mages as well. The magic they hold, while giving them power, also tends to make things more volatile among the initiate of the mysteries.

"Sure thing. I'll ask the waiter to make you a doggy bag. Just give me a second to pick up the tab."

After all that being done, Richelieu turned back to his 'neighbor'.

"Do you have a preference for the next place? I have an apartment just in case but you've been in Sacramento longer so I'll defer to you on this one."

He was curious as to what location Avis would choose. It would be a good opportunity to discover something new.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"No, that sounds fine," Avis agreed with a shallow nod. "Thank you."

Feel free to start the next scene

scene continues here

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread