Ended
Watch

A Needed Visit

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    S
    Sasha

“I really hope we figure out a way of some sort of other solution. There has to be a way.” L’aire shook her head, sipping the iced coffee.

“Okay, so, when should we commence the moving part.” Trying to change things to more pleasant talk. The Fairest really hoped she didn’t somehow inherit the Treehouse. She really didn’t want to lose Rick. Who knows if Terri would come back. But he’d still do what it took if the Squirrel was still with them. Vengeance for what the foul Dragon did to her.

L

Rick wasn't sure at all that their was a better way. Truth be told, a part of him didn't want there to be. Truces could be broken, and bindings undone. But killing that son of a bitch? It might not quite be a final solution for one of his ilk. But it was the closest to it they were going to get. So it was certainly the solution he favored.

It must be the September in him.

But he wasn't about to rehash that, in any event.

"We can commence it whenever you're ready. It's a bit trickier when moving into the Hedge," For obvious reasons. You certainly couldn't hire movers, or even drive a truck right up to the edge of a Hollow. So there was certainly a lot more hauling stuff around by hand...while taking care that regular people didn't see you making a great deal of stuff seemingly disappear. "But it certainly isn't anything I haven't done before. We'll be able to manage fine."

S
    Sasha

“True. Maybe we can do it at night?” It was the only solution she could think of.

“I don’t have that much stuff.”

“Uh…speaking of tricky.” The Fairest swears she had this conversation before but she may as well ask again. Although she may not have been clear. “Um… so… am I staying completely within the Hollow?” The Dancer grimaced asking the Autumn this. “As in, I can’t really bring a Mortal in?”

That could be a problem.
    ooc

L

"Well...bringing a mortal back here would be...unwise." Unless they were ensorcelled, of course. But ensorcellment was a tricky matter all its own. "For one a Hollow will be like the rest of the Hedge in regards to the mask...a mortal will see through it. And...yeah, the whole place itself obviously isn't the world they'd know."

"I actually still have an apartment out in the mortal world. In case I ever need to invite a mortal over, or I want to watch something on tv, anything like that."
    It really was quite convenient at times. "I mean, it's not like this place really costs anything. So it hardly puts a strain on finances. So it works out fairly well...even if I don't really use it all that often."

S
    Sasha

“Rick, I know what a hollow is silly. I just didn’t know if there were some sort of mortal friendly areas in this place.” The Fairest was pretty sure she hadn’t seen anything. “I mean, no one’s ever given me the ‘grand tour’ so I thought I’d ask.”

L’aire felt really dumb at that moment, it was clear in her eyes. She of course knew Mortals shouldn’t go into the Hedge, ever. Not even the Sphinx, but that was a given. Still, the Fairest thought the Elemental would have said something else.

“Another apartment.” The Dancer grimaced. “Well, no, it’s not like it costs extra. Still, that’s a lot of upkeep. Or remembering to pay those bills.” The Dancer was by no means wealthy off an instructors wage.

“Anyway, I should probably get going. I’ve been in your hair enough for one day.”

The Fairest didn't have a finesse with words and phrasing at all. She looked at Rick, wondering why he had faith in her at all.

L

"I suppose it's possible...but risky. We'd have to make sure they couldn't see out of it, don't notice when they enter the Hedge, make sure masks are hardened...and probably a few other things I'm not thinking of right now. We don't have anything like that now, but I could poke around at it a bit more." A keyed gate would be needed, certainly. Would there even be a way to keep the Hedge from reacting to their natures?

"Upkeep's actually not bad when no one ever lives there...bills tend to stay low too." Not like it used a lot of electricity or such. "Just a possibility to keep in mind, I suppose."

"And I'll let you get going, then. But I'd hardly describe you as being in my hair." Wasn't like he minded her company in the slightest, after all.

S
    Sasha

“I don’t know if we have to go and fuss about it all that much. Especially if it’s just for my needs. I wouldn’t want that.” Shrugging a shoulder, she shook her head. She could never be that selfish, it wasn’t even her place.

“Well, that may be a better option than risking… that. I’d rather not drag anyone into our world. I would never wish this upon anyone – ever.” She couldn’t imagine what thoughts would lay in someone’s head after witnessing that. The Fairest would never be able to look into their eyes again.

Before the Dancer left, L’aire walked to Rick and hugged him tightly. “Thanks for listening. I’m glad we had this talk.” She grinned while pulling away. “I can see why she loves you.”

L

He returned the hug...perhaps not quite so tightly, but he returned it. And her last comment brought a small smile to his face. "Thanks, that means a lot. I just hope she's not gone too much longer."

"And I can help you move in whenever you're ready, just let me know. In the meantime, take care,"
    he shot her a wry grin, "And do try to worry a bit less about things."

S
    Sasha

"Of course Rick." She grinned and turned toward the door.

"And I'll try not to worry. It's in my nature." L'aire smiled and took the chilly air around her with her.

End Scene
    Thanks Les

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.