Ended
Watch

Let's Do a Movie

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian had set out on a mission, nothing aimless this time as she went to the video store. It was the same store that someone else frequented, so she sent him a text to see if he was in the area or planned on making a trip. A little company roaming around the titles was always quite humorous. At least it was last time.

Until David Regan got the message and appeared, the Daeva would meander a little. Checking through titles, seeing anything else that spotted her eye other than the two already in her arms. It seemed much more interesting to have a goal in mind when meeting the Shadow to chat versus doing coffee or 'lunch' for that matter.

Her outfit was casual, jeans and a buttoned black shirt with snappy sandals. Of course, little gloves that complimented the outfit other than making her look so out of place. The Daeva missed winter for that reason.

-1 Vitae - Blushed

C
    Casitive

Vivian is left with the colorful cardboard sleeves of various movies for a little while. Each one attempts to advertise its escapes and the stories to be told. Some promise catharsis through drama, others laughs, others education. No matter how quick the short-cuts are, it still takes David some time to go from point a to point b. Bikes will never beat cars on the snaking layers of asphalt.

Eventually, he sets the ancient green bike at the door while David's skin suffuses with blood, life.

As the Shadow slips inside, David nods to the clerk and moves between the forest of stories; eyes searching for his fellow predator. Spotting her, David pauses as waves of contempt and anger march through his veins. The Shrike wishes nothing more than to impale her on the rickety displays as though it was an Acacia Tree and she, its prey.

Its anger is less surprised anger, ready to lash out, but contempt-derision and therefore easy to squash and smother into embers.

Vivian,” David calls while he catches up to her. “Hey.” Nodding towards her, he glances only briefly at the new releases. “How are you?

V
    Vivian York

She never had trouble occupying her thoughts. Each title she passed brought memories, some she’d stop and dwell upon, others caused her to sneer. Some even reminded her of ideas she used while employed, especially for those movies that were obscure. No one would guess.

And it was about then that the Shadow did his shadowy thing by nearly appearing from nowhere. She didn’t jump, the Daeva of course knew he was on his way. “David!” She yelled in a library whisper. “Good to see you!” Leaning in and faux kissing him on the cheek without touching his face.

“I’m well. You?” Calmer than her greeting now, awaiting his reply.

C
    Casitive

Vivian's closeness in her greeting, leaves the the Shadow unbalanced and unsure of himself. David looks at his feet, towards ancient brogues that have seen a lot of miles and a lot of years, a faint flush to his cheeks. Raising his eyes, he notices one movie in particular and plucks it from the field, turning it over in one smooth motion.

I'm as well as I can hope to be,” David answers as he flips the movie upright again, revealing the title: L'Avventura. A movie about relationships that, like in real-life, are messy, complicated things. A decision is made and the movie is tucked beneath David's arm as he looks towards Vivian. “Melancholy, maybe. A year has come and gone.” The Mortician wonders what he has to show for himself.

The ashes of a Tyrant Prince?

Any particular movie you are looking for?

V
    Vivian York

Vivian would trust the Shadow’s answer for now, as it was not the place to pry further. “It has.” It wasn’t long ago that he’d vented something, and after the realization in the Elysia the other day, it was about that time.

“Well, I was feeling nostalgic, so American Graffiti and Gone in 60 Seconds, the 1974 version. One of my favorites.”

With a soft smirk, she added. “And I have just the place we can watch them this evening.” She nearly told him directly, but the Daeva felt like being mysterious.

“So what have you got there?” Her eyes looking to him not quite seeing the title. “And are you looking for something?”

C
    Casitive

Both are like love-letters to the car, if I'm not mistaken,” David says as he peers through the sea of colorful cardboard and plastic boxes, searching for the right island. He spots something promising and starts to drift towards it.

Grasping the movie from its place beneath his arm, David offers it to Vivian. “L'Avventura. A late fifties Italian Picture. It is about the sometimes messy entanglements we all find ourselves in.” The Shadow's thoughtful pause is more to decide how to explain it without giving the whole thing away, “Two attempt to find their friend and love but the pair become lovers during their search.

A glance over to Vivian, “I haven't seen it in quite a long time. Ever see it?

V
    Vivian York

“Often times I wonder if those are the only ones worth writing.” She muttered softly as the Deava glanced back to one of the covers. Her eyes flew up to David’s, fairly positive he caught that. He was a Shadow of course.

Was David attempting to hint at her through a movie? Preposterous… I think. Although it wouldn’t surprise her if that was his preference for courting a woman.

Her eyes peered down to the movie he spoke of as she took it from his hand. “Oh, I love messy entanglements. I’ve never seen it. Sounds interesting. Curiously, is this friend they search for a romantic interest of either of them?” Realizing that would be the irony of the situation.

Chuckling softly, again she looked up to him. “So, are we about to torture ourselves with movies themed of love, one way or another tonight?” Tapping the corner on the side of her face lightly.

C
    Casitive

Certainly the situation is ironic in a way. Movies have a habit of mirroring people enough that one can see themselves in the characters. For a long, long time, David imagined himself in the shoes of each protagonist; living lives projected on silver screens. It's something he still does on occasion, wondering what his life would be like if he made a different choice. “Yes,” David responds, “and the other was the missing woman's best friend.

Vivian's second question causes David to halt in the aisles, his voice taking on a sardonic tenor, “I probably do that too much already. But one can say all movies carry a theme of love.

The Shadow's steps resume, and he peruses some of the other boxes on the shelves. “I used to wonder how they did it. How Bogart knows the right thing to say. Know just what to do.

David shrugs. He'll never know the right thing to say. One has already taken him to task on that.

Aïleen didn't care that I am awkward and while it took me a long time to work-up the courage; it was as natural as could be.” Briefly, while fingers move over one box in particular, David hopes that Ava is much the same. “I'll probably never not fumble around for a napkin to hastily write my number on and not know how to turn an awkward moment around.” Sounds like something that happened recently, and David is reminded to check his phone for messages.

V
    Vivian York

Slowly nodding, and chuckling softly, the Daeva added. “Well, that seems sort of typical, but still the how it happened will be fascinating.”

“True, the love of ‘something’ drives our passions in some way, shape or form.” Vivian wasn’t too far behind him as he began to walk through the stacks of videos.

“Long ago, I use to wonder. Then as the years passed, it became prevalent that someone did their thinking for them. But I enjoy the willing suspension of disbelief too much to start pulling movies apart all the time.”

Vivian practically expected Aileen to come up in conversation when the topic was of love. “But, it’s okay that you don’t. Many women like that. Part of the charm of the intelligent men.” Pausing not far behind him, her eyes narrowed curiously at his phone checking.

“Am I keeping you from something?” Like she wasn't going to not ask.

C
    Casitive

No, no,” David quickly says, turning his phone off. “I,” an unconscious shift of his weight to the side makes him seem boyish, “um, was just checking to see if someone left me a message.” Head bows forward and with his eyes towards the ground, David slides his phone back into his pocket. From the sound and look of it, it isn't business. From the look of it David seems a bit red-faced at being caught looking for a message from Ava.

Recovering slowly, David asks, “You think so? I mean, yeah, there's scriptwriters and directors, but some actors just have that charisma that makes it seem like they never needed it. Jean Paul Belmondo played a priest in Léon Morin, Prêtre and he still had this...” A vague hand-motion flutters up into the air, ephemeral and escaping description.

Shoulders slump, realizing he is talking in circles and he drifts along side Vivian in silence for a moment. “I never really thought of myself as all that charming.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.