Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(IT-WotS) Streets Paved in Sociopathy

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-22 22:38:42 Star rolls 7 to Wits + Larceny! (10 Again) 1, 6, 9, 5, 4, 10, 3, 9 3 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Avis and Star recognize that while the target's front door looks tattered, there's a couple of locks on the door. From a glance, there's two of them; a cylinder lock and a deadlock. It isn't out of place in the neighborhood, filled with security bars on first floor windows and an abandoned house down the road. However, from the front, the second floor balcony might be a good place to start and is less secured.

Even the house next door is close enough that a jump across is probably doable.

July's police-trained senses know that this place is infested by crime, like a house is infested by crawling, disgusting cockroaches. Smash one against a steel-toed boot and more appear. If they are being watched, the cowboy wearing Acanthus realizes, there's a few different places where they could be. He also notes the tell-tale signs of 'tags'; how criminals mark their territory; but it isn't any tag he recognizes.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Holy crack house, Dope Fiend."

Get out the cabalarangs and walk up the side?

"Got a door that'll take some work, two locks, no windows. Security bars. Wouldn't be surprised if, you know, that'll be tough to even kick? Two balconies, hmmm, that other house might be close enough to jump to or from? Have to get closer to see. Nice to know, you know? If things go south we can go up and not just the way we came in. Those bushes won't break a fall, either."

The words drifted out absentmindedly. It's Professional Detachment. The ways In are just as good for ways Out. It's all pretty obvious stuff, but never assume. Even if your crew is Highly Effective, people could be looking at different things.

"Wait. Wait. It's a tri-plex. Two doors, three mailboxes? Unless Bundy is using the whole thing."

It's important. Multiple units? Means multiple utilities connections.

"July, you cool? If we roll and do our thing? You got us, right?"
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

"Well knowing the exits can also be entrances, would it be smarter to just sneak in, possibly from the roof of the building next door like you said? If you still want to go in just the two of you we can go the same as before, but I'll be more on the alert to rush in if needed. My only worry is you said two locks on the door so it'll be a pain to break down, if I even can. Other note, in a neighborhood like this we're always being watched so we need to figure out a plan quick lest some lookout makes us. In theory though we could combine both plans, you two go through the front, I go through the roof. Just a thought."

July was just thinking it all through. But when dealing with Banishers nothing ever went according to plan.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"No plan really survives contact, and all that, so I say let's just go with what feels right. Star and I'll go in the front. Act like we want to get cut into distribution. If you want to break in by jumping to the balcony, do it. We'll just have to drop you off a bit away so if you're spotted, we're not all busted. Ok? We all good with that?"

It wasn't really a plan, but they'd make it work. Somehow. If the worst came to the worst, they could just go for broke, extract, and then she'd pull information out of the Banisher's mind. That would awaken the hive, but they were always close to doing that. At the start of the day they had to be accept that possibility or there wasn't any point in doing this at all.

"Remember, no magic. If you get caught, we're competitors. Like, rivals, and you're trying to stop us by messing up our plans or something. Until blood gets drawn, I think that's a safe enough story."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

"That could work fine. If nothing else I could get close enough to just breach a door and get inside. The only problem with me sneaking in is I don't have a headset so we'd be in radio silence. If I stay in the van I can listen in again and then breach with my guns to the door, which should be simple enough on second thought. But I'm fine sneaking in and rolling with it. Like you said, plans and contact."

He wasn't necessarily confident in his sneaking skills but getting inside may be better than hoping he breaches on the first go when trouble is happening.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh. Em. Gee."

The van wheeled a bit further up the street.

"Okay, July, hop out."

See? That's not hard. Planning? It's like cake batter. Beat it, sure, but don't over-beat it. Then you've got... well. A chewy, nasty cake.

"If you hear screaming, or, um, things breaking or shots fired? Then something bad is happening."
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Fucking Banishers," Avis muttered once the van door slid closed again and she and Star drove towards a better parking space. As soon as the behemoth of 70s steel had stopped moving, she hopped out, glass bottle being warmed by her hand. It beat a slow tattoo against her thigh as she waited for Star to finish parking and join her so they could go meet Bundy.

Which, of course, they would do by going and knocking on his front door. Her steps carried her in that direction, and unless stopped for some reason, her unoccupied fist rose and rapped against the front door.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

It appeared the decision had been made. As the door was closed behind July and the van drove away he headed towards the back of the house near the target location. Looking to make sure no one was watching him, he checked out the backside of the building next door to see if he could even climb up the outside of it to get to the roof.

1 suxx for perception, 1 suxx for looking at building
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-28 13:48:17 July rolls 5 to Can I climb? (Int+Comp) (10 Again) 4, 5, 10, 1, 7, 6 1 success
    2015-08-28 13:47:31 July rolls 5 to Check for Witnesses (Wits+Comp) (10 Again) 7, 8, 3, 6, 6 1 success

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Cheeks puffed, and expelled a long exhale.

Easy, right? Easy to say. No glitter bombs. Super easy, when you're a walking Ginsu or Dirty Harry. Not so much for Everyone. This? This is why you invest in Good Shoes. Hands fluttered in constant motion, tapping here, straightening there. Brushing the mop, fingers scissoring.

Pffft. No one's nervous.

It's just an act.
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.