Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1508) Vivian, David, Diana

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    V

Diana hesitates, inclining her head out of a bit of genuine embarrassment this time. "Um, I'm not sure I'd fit in there really... I was just curious is all. The Seneschal runs it you said? How very interesting..." and she does sound interested, but her voice trails off in spite of it, she is unsure what to say next.

Why did I begin this line of conversation? I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The silence is uncharacteristically awkward for a moment as she puts herself back together. "A theme night might be a good night to check it out. No pressure that way, I guess." she laughs, a bit nervously this time. Her smile is slightly tighter as she tries to figure out where to go from here.

Her recovery becomes more full as she thinks of a way to segway naturally. "Oh! I heard we do theme nights at court as well! Are you a fan of costuming for those? I've been told it can be very cool what people come up with to wear."
    BP 1 | Striking Looks 4 (ethereal, captivating) | Presence 3 (friendly)
    Health 7 | Vitae 8/10 | Willpower 4/4

V
    Vivian York

Vivian’s hands flipped up and then settled. “Fit in, not fit in. Who cares! Besides, what is our unlife for if we can’t at least try something and see if we like it or not?” Because they were Daeva she assumed the curiosity of their Blood would be a caveat to an evening at the Asylum.

“And yes, go on a theme night. Costumes and fun galore. Just remember, you can always say no.” Although can and should are two different things in her book. Just ask the crazy spritely woman from several months back.

She’d caught David Regan ’s glance and looked to him. Is he eye fucking me, or just casually glancing. Wait, it’s David. Casual glance.

Turning back to Diana. “Of course I love costumed courts! As long as they aren’t… ridiculous. We had one that was um, Superhero themed? I went as Silk Spectre. Some other costumes were decent, but it felt less classy and more like a night at one of those specialized conventions for those that enjoy comic books and things.” Vivian’s finger rose upward. “Now, the last one, we were to dress up as a ‘true monster’. Josephine went naked. I believe the Prince was the Headless Horseman. I went as a spider. T’was a gas!”

V

Diana nods, the smile still stuck onto her face. She does seem genuinely pleased to be talking with Vivian though. "I will. Come on a theme night, I mean. I'll at least know you there, I guess. You said the Seneschal ran the place? Is that how you find out when the theme nights are? Do they have a website or something that they update with that kind of thing? I guess I could just google it."

She saw Vivian's attention break and followed her gaze to David. She doesn't have time to dwell on that though because what Vivian says next surprises her.

"Naked?!? To Court??" she doesn't reply to anything else Vivian had to say about the costumes, a shocked expression coming across her delicate features.

After a moment she regains her composure and simply asks, "Who is Josephine? Whatever her other traits, she sounds like quite the bold character."

V
    Vivian York

Pursing her lips, holding in her snicker, apparently Diana didn’t realize how tongue-in-cheek her comment had been. “She usually announces them via notice of posters and I presume they have a website. Keep in mind that unless otherwise stated, the events will be public. And yes, try the Google. It may very well be on there.” One thing was certain, she enjoyed the charade of forswear speech with some things around her own kind.

“Yes!” Vivian said wide eyed, enjoying the thrill of her cousin’s surprise. “Well, she is the Bishop, no, Sister, I think. Anyway, she’s the head of the Lancea Sanctum.” Gleaming and awaiting for the next facial expression from Diana. “She’s tall, thin, very short hair. Estate and she use to dress rather… middle of the road.”

V

Dots connect in Diana's head. Her face goes from neutral to a bit taken aback "...Josephine is Priscus Sterling. Okay. I have heard of her, just not in this context. I've met some Sanctified who are not the most conservative of dressers, but still.. naked to Court?? Wow. I'm going to stick with my assessment of bold, covenant affiliation notwithstanding." Her surprise is obvious.

She leans in closer to Vivian and whispers, "Do you never have to worry about the Prince getting offended at what you wear, then? I saw a man walk in here tonight with a simple sweater and a hat on, the kind of thing you would wear to lounge at home." She looks down at her flowing white dress and once again feels overdressed. Still whispering, she continues, "Is it wear whatever you want, or are there some rules I need to know?"

V
    Vivian York

Indeed she was definitely enjoying the shock factor from the next reaction. But, it was entirely true. “Monster’s ball…. We’re all monsters…” Slowly leaning forward and then finally just spelling it out. “Because she’s Sanctified, her assessment of monsters is ‘us’.” Vivian didn’t presume her cousin was daft, but she’d rather just explain instead of thinking that was acceptable all the time.

Leaning in to the Ethereal Daeva to meet her whisper. “Oh, well, that’s to be determined.” Although Vivian couldn’t imagine Asa having a problem with attire in general, that she was aware. He was a patron of the Asylum after all. “But, whatever you do, just arrive looking like a Masquarade Breach. There is a public club upstairs after all.” Tapping her gloved finger to her bottom lip, she pondered for a moment. “I don’t think so, although I know most Domains don’t appreciate masks** unless its for a costumed event.”

“Regardless, I’m sure common sense on attire is usually the best answer. Yoga pants and a tank top may be interesting though.” Unless one was making a statement, Vivian wasn’t a fan of overly casual in public.

ooc**

V

She is a bit annoyed at being walked through the reason for the choice in costume, but doesn't let it show. "Yes, I understand the reason for the outfit, I'm just still surprised is all. Although before I heard her covenant affiliation I thought it was more of a statement just about herself than about all of our kind."

I don't think its a blemish on her character or anything negative really. I just wasn't expecting you to say that because I've never heard of anyone doing anything like that before.. that combined with some of the other outfits I've seen understandably led me to wondering."

Diana looks around the rest of the Elysium trying to think of something else to talk to Vivian about. She is losing ideas for topics, so she backtracks to an earlier discussion. Her face brightens up and looking back to Vivian she says "You said I should talk to the Seneschal earlier. Could you point them out to me? I've just realized I have no idea who to look for."

V
    Vivian York

Chuckling, Vivian added. “Perhaps that’s part of what she wanted us all to think. Maybe there was a duel meaning? You could be right there too. Ask her sometime.” She said pleasantly, knowing that the Lady would probably gladly discuss it with her.

Her Cousin clarified her point, the Daeva had an enlightened moment. “Ah, yes. Well, some have dressed garish, and some outlandish for these courts. I’ve only been privy to two themed courts, I believe.” If she couldn’t recall one, chances are it didn’t resonate and wasn’t worth mentioning. “If you had the opportunity to dress as such, would you? What would you be at a Monster’s Ball?” She was very curious if an idea was spinning in Diana’s head since her own curiosity lead to many amusements.

“Oh, yes, Seneschal Harding.” Vivian pauses a moment, and sees Katya. “Over there. She has many tattoos, some on her face. Mysteriously beautiful, I think she is.” Her hand made a gesture in the direction of the Savage.

V

Diana gives Vivian's question a lot of thought before she answers, so there is a long moment of silence. "I'd go as a mermaid. I've always loved them. Beautiful but deadly. They can't help but drown people. You have to wonder what was done to them to make them go that way. I don't really know many of the old stories myself, I always wondered how you become a mermaid. Are they women who got drowned by mistake?

Anyway, mermaids are killers who can't help themselves, and worse, they make you want to die for them. They trap you, sort of like a spider would, I guess."
    she smiles at Vivian.

Looking over to the Seneschal, Diana sees that her cousin had the right of it. She was beautiful. Her smile gets just a bit wider and she turns back to Vivian, taking a moment to look her up and down before saying "There are a lot of very beautiful faces in this domain." She tries to get eye contact, and maintains her playful expression.

V
    Vivian York

Like her cousins, Vivian understood the need or want to be beautiful at all times. She was fascinated that Diana could pick a person from tales and legends that would describe what was deep down within the Blood of their Family. “Possibly being coerced into something they did not want to do. Being captured and the subject of study over time would make someone conditioned to do that as well.”

Her eyes were wide, amused by this idea and the correlation between the beauties and a spider. “Yes…” Her words slow, and descriptive to a life she once lead. “They are like sirens. Beautiful tragedies.”

Vivian looked over the residents present in Elysia. Diana’s comment was certainly not without good observation. “Indeed. Strange how that can happen, hmm?” Her finger plucking the air as if conjuring a memory. “When I traveled here, I came upon a few different major cities along the way. Some of them had quite the opposite populous. Plain and ordinary, or some on the brink of looking to be captured due to their stereotypical physique.” Aka, masque breaches waiting to happen, drive on!

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.