Ended
Watch

(1508) Katya, Marco and the new Arrivals

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Before the beautiful Kindred in front of him could respond, Katya approached. With a smile on his face and a slight bow of his head he replied, "Why of course. I like to make it my business to meet new arrivals. I see you're no different Seneschal Harding." He had spoken several times with Katya, but always felt it right to address her properly in front of new Kindred. He wanted to make sure they understood she deserved respect, despite the weak pull of her beast. For the briefest moment he felt the desire to tear her apart, though with all her experience in Asylum he knew she'd most likely be the one doing the breaking.

He turned back just as Gabrielle was responding. "French eh? You may know better than I, Madame Seneschal, but I believe Priscus Sterling speaks French as well," he said quickly to Katya. Looking back he said, "It is a pleasure to meet you Gabrielle, and please call me Marco," he said, smiling and giving her a bow of his own.

Seeing Vivian York walk by and wave, Marco smiled and returned a wave of his own. He may have bored her with politics last time they spoke but clearly they were still on good terms.

He then turned to Chloe as she spoke. "A pleasure to meet you as well Chloe," he said, smiling as he took her hand for a handshake.

After his hand was returned Marco said, "Now that we're all acquainted, why don't you tell us a little about yourselves? I'll start. I'm a Succubus and Myrmidon of the Carthian Movement," gesturing between the two ladies to see who would speak up first.

When Chloe broke her silence to present herself, showing that she was kindred, Gabrielle will respond with the same politeness as with Marco, bowing her head in a gesture of respect.

"Merry meet Chloe. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Then she answered Marco's request to know more about her and she smiled at him when he mentioned his title of Myrmidon.

"As you have probably correctly guessed Marco, I am from France, the city of Toulouse to be more precise, both born and embraced. I hail from the Daeva clan, Toreador's Bloodline. I do claim membership from the Carthian movement as the 'Prez' of Toulouse can attest. I hope to have the opportunity to meet the other members soon. Also, I would relish the opportunity to speak the language of Moličre with Priscus Sterling."

She felt a bit more composed now that the ambiance was somewhat more relaxed, though the beast kept beckoning. She then stopped talking for a moment to give an opportunity for the other kindred to express themselves. She was curious to know more about them.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya gives both Gabrielle and Chloe a warm smile as she gives each of their hands a gentle shake, returning it to behind her back as she listens to Garbielle share her story. "I can't recall if Priscus Sterling speaks French, but I will vouch for her pleasant company." she says, she did need to get back to Josephine and Vivian on meeting, as well as the other Prisci she didn't know on an entirely personal level. Her head tilts in response to Gabrielle sharing her Friendship ties and she turns to Marco. "Well I'm sure Priscus Roth will be happy to hear of another members' arrival." returning her gaze to Gabrielle and Chloe.

"It is a pleasure to meet both of you and welcome then to Sacramento. I am a Savage and also a member of the Circle of the Crone in addition to my city duties." she then looks to Chloe to see what else the affectless woman has to say about herself. It's actually a refresher for Katya to meet someone who is not overly gushing with flattery or rigid etiquette. She doesn't take offense to Chloe's honest thought on her meeting Katya, but she is curious as to what might be behind the blank slate of her personality.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"You rang?" asks the aforementioned Family member as Konrad approaches one of the tightened crowd of Kindred. He feels the press of their Beasts, desperate Prey or Predator that runs a streak of rage deep through him. But only one really irks him.

His eyes linger on the newcomer for an uncomfortable moment before returning to the Seneschal.

"Seneschal Harding, love the tie," he remarks with a smirk. "Thought I heard my name so I figured you were saying nice things about me again." His voice conveys a mirthful if languid quality.

His attention moves next to Marco. "Myrmidon Fernandez, been keeping well?" he asks with a suggestive tone that could mean anything. A glance is spared to the prim and proper Kindred who looked suited for a secretary position. "Who's your new friend?"

Chloe felt like she should be seating, maybe reclining in a deck chair allowing her mind to float, carried away in the smoke of an opium pipe... Words echoed in her mind as each of her new meet and greet pals went on about their affiliations and occupations. She noticed a few other strangers, coal dark silhouettes against a starless sky, their immortal screams echoing against the pitch black bottom of her skull. The room was crowded.

”Thank you all for being so kind…” She produces a shadow of a smile that hardly convinces anyone, there was effort to sound polite and hide the apathy that carries through her voice but it didn't seem to produce the desired effect.

”I’m a member of clan Mekhet.” She adjust a loop of her dark blonde hair, apparently the woman was about to gain momentum to continue sharing but eventually a new kindred arrives and she lets her silence drift alone allowing the chance to pass and everyone’s attention to focus elsewhere.

M
    Matrixchild

"Ahh, another Daeva. Have you spoken with Priscus Cordoba yet?" he asked of the angelic french.

Listening to Katya he stated, "Oh I'm sure he wi..." but before he could finish the man himself appeared. "Speak of a Kindred and they shall appear. I've been doing quite well, how about yourself Priscus Roth?" While Konrad and Marco were on casual terms again he wanted to set the best first impression for the new arrivals.

"Well this here," he said gesturing to Gabrielle, "is Gabrielle d'Orleans, Daeva and member of the Movement," he said giving Konrad a positive look at their increasing numbers. "Konrad's actually a fellow Carthian," he said pleasantly to Gabrielle.

"And this here," he said gesturing to the other, "is Chloe, Mekhet and...I don't believe you said. Are you a part of a covenant?"

" I haven't met Priscus Cordoba yet. I am in the process of contacting him for a meeting." When Marco mentioned that the gangrel priscus was also carthian, Gabrielle was gladly surprised. " I am glad to hear it. Good meeting you Priscus Roth. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet the other Carthians soon."

She then waited for Chloe. She hadn't been surprised to hear that she was Mekhet and she reminded Gabrielle of a few shadows she met in Toulouse. Chloe certainly did have that air of mystery that surrounded the Mekhets. And it seemed like this one was reticent to speak more than necessary. The Daevas liked to speak a lot and give the public the razzle dazzle that the succubi were famous for.

As for Chloe, she seemed to consider her words like ammunition, and reticent to waste ammo. She recognized that there certainly was some wisdom in that, though, for herself, Gabrielle was incapable of such restraint, the daeva's clan being what it is.

s
    sumthingpositiv

At the sound of Konrad's voice, Katya's pleasant look is twisted into something that resembles dread and an overeactive sense of contempt as she fights to keep herself from growing her claws out. Thankfully, Konrad is familiar enough that she is able to push it down within seconds just in time to turn and say "Only the nicest Priscus Roth."

She let's Marco finish the rest of the introduction and then lets the Carthians do the talking as they talk shop. Seeing them find common ground in the Movement reminds Katya of her second Court where she ran into Hierophant Wooding and two other Acolytes who seemed to have vanished since then. She looks around, hoping that at least her Hierophant will show, it had been since the Prisci meeting that she saw him last and she didn't want to give him the impression she had forgotten the Dark Mother.

I'm a member of Clan Mekhet, snaps Katya out of her thoughts as she waits for Chloe to fill in more...only to stop at her clan. Well David will certainly like her. But this is might require a bit more prodding.

Gesturing to David, Vivian and the other woman who she must meet at sometime tonight, Katya says "That man speaking with the two women, one of them with the colorful hair, is Priscus Regan Chloe, you will want to meet with him as well if you get the chance. in the meantime, please tell us about your Friends if you have any and what brought you here to Sacramento."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad's smirk fades, replaced by one of surprise as his eyes go to Marco and then Gabrielle. He isn't sure what to think of this and then recovers in the same moment with the familiar smirk. "Well that's great. It's just as they say, when one door closes, another opens," remarks the Gangrel cryptically. "So, what brings you to town, Miss Orleans? Have rumors of the Movement's presence in Sacramento made it through the grapevine?"

Konrad only spares a brief glance to the silent sylphlike woman. Her lack of Beast gives him pause to question her nature, but she confesses to be Mekhet. He nods his greeting but not without a curious lingering of his attention.

There was a bit of a surprise when Chloe met the eldest of the Savages, it wouldn’t transpire because every expression drowns in the quiet mask of composure the Mekhet presents – it was her nature just as it was in her nature to pay attention to details.

It was interesting to have so many Carthians talking openly about their affiliations but was there something the quiet woman wasn’t aware off?

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-14 14:19:29 Chloe rolls 9 to Lie about covenant: man + sub + spec + sl (10 Again) 5, 10, 1, 8, 3, 1, 8, 1, 2, 1 3 successes

”I have no friends in this city at the moment…” There is a coy smile that dissipates from her features, it could as well be a beguiler rejoicing for successfully knitting her own web of lies. ”… apart from you all of course.”

The shadow focus Katya for a moment. ”Seneschal, do you think we could talk privately and discuss a rent for my stay in the city?” She then looks to the others and continues. ”I mean, afterwards?” After whatever this was…

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.