Ended
Watch

Meat Without the Heat

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

The sun was absolutely unbearable. No matter where she went in the city it was hot, hot, hot. It didn't matter if she was walking the street or trying to sit in the shade, it just didn't seem to matter. She wore as little as was socially acceptable, nothing but shorts, a tanktop, and some sandals, but she still felt like the outside was an oven. You'd think someone who had grown up on the streets and was constantly outside during her Durance would have a little more tolerance for the heat, but nobody could possibly tolerate this. She had to find someplace to just kick back and just lounge in the air conditioning.

There was a Schlotsky's nearby, it would serve perfectly for her. Walking in the front door, she breathed a deep sigh of relief as a wave of cold air washed over her. Maybe she'd just...stay here the rest of the day. I mean, she doubted an establishment like this would kick out guests so long as they observed the rules. But, just in case, she purchased herself a full sandwich and an extra-large drink. I mean, even if it was a little above her normal budget, why not get some food while she was here? Right now, a big slab of ham with some tea sounded great. But a bunch of small slices stuffed between some bread would do in this case. While she waited for her food, she found herself a nice corner far and away from the windows and sat heavily in one of the chairs.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

A giant squeezed through the entrance of the store: a chunky monolith of a man bearing with him the scent of sweat, oil, and dust. Malcolm Green, the mountain, was feeling relieved that his shift was over; his gang had worked since the (relative) cool of the morning and struggled through the blistering heat of the day in the way only hired labour can. His exposed skin was browning and raw. Green looked like he'd have a good session of peeling skin shortly but he acted as though he didn't feel a thing. He didn't. The Mask was a Mask and he was made of (sun warmed) rock. He didn't smell of rock right now but he blithely ignored that.

The ripe smell, accentuated by the dry tang of dust and turned earth, began to waft off of him as he joined the que. He was still in his work clothes (boots, short, singlet, with his tool belt still at his waist and a bulging bag over his shoulder). The image was probably worse for Tessa, who could see his Mantle roaring quietly and sublimating around him still.

Green didn't notice her immediately. He was too busy making an order and quaffing from an energy drink. Then ordering another soft drink. He spied the Steepscrambler as he stepped away from the counter, paused, then made his ponderous way over. The Elemental's face was stuck in its customary pattern but his gemstone eyes gleamed in the bright light that gouged into the store's interior from the burning street.

As he drew near, the Onyx Thane grunted a greeting and inclined his head.

S
    Selena

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa had been eating her sandwich in a state of relative peace when the door rang and a familiar figure stepped in to the eating establishment. It wasn't every day she saw Malcolm about, heck it had been a while since she'd seen anyone, but it looked like chance had put them in the same place today. Judging from his soiled clothes, the tools at his belt, and the bag over his shoulders, it looked like he had been toiling outside in the unbearable heat. Judging from the cashier's barely contained disgust, he probably smelled as such too.

She hadn't wanted to interrupt him, especially if he was on break. Heaven knows the last thing she wanted to do after getting done with whatever task she had that day was to socialize. But she was still very much glad when he did deign to come visit with her. The fact that his Mantle also caused a wave of cold air to wash over her probably paid a small part in it as well.

"You know, I kind of envy you about now, Malcolm. A rock of a guy like you, you probably don't feel the heat as much. And your...," well she couldn't say Mantle in here, it would sound suspicious to bystanders and this wasn't exactly Changeling property. "Well I swear your frosty face makes it feel like 10 degrees cooler over here. If you would like, you can sit down with me, I don't mind."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green looked down.

"Hey! Its been a while, yeah." He took up the Steepscrambler's offer with an inclination of his large head. Tools clanked rattled as he lowered his huge frame. Hunched over with food in his chunky hands, he looked like a picture of the trolls of yore.

He took a mighty bite from his meal, munched slowly.

"So. How you been, yeah? I haven't seen you in a while." A nod. "Thats good. You learning fast, yeah? Stay low, stay safe. Bit hard if you're like me, yeah. I just learn to be part of the scenery."

He tucked back into his meal, famished from a hard day working.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

She laughed embarrassedly at his compliment. Actually, it wasn't entirely on purpose that she'd been off the radar.

"I don't know about that. I've never been one to learn anything fast. Moreso, I've just been on the move. Had some things I wanted to tie up. But now that I've taken care of it, I'm feeling much more relieved. Like I got a weight off my chest. What about you? Anything changed in my absence?"

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green nursed a pause while he chewed. He stopped for his drink, gently placing the can down on the table.

"Well... Yeah. You missed the big change alright. Dust is still settling, yeah. No one quite knows how things will change yet*. The... uh... power cliques are, like, less powerful. More open and uh democratic? Yeah. Maybe. We'll see. It all happened at the midsummer party, see?"

He gave the Beast a considering look.

"Apart from that... the usual. People come and people go. The clubs been pretty stable though. I kinda keep my distance though. So. Like... If you want to hear the social gossip you'd be best talking around."

*I note that the Feast of Strength was stickied, so it the elections technically happened months ago

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Wait. Big change? Power cliques changing? Now you've got me curious. And I know you aren't to big in the clubs. So if you're taking notice, then it's something pretty heavy. Are you sure you don't have any gossip for me? I'm all ears." One of her ferret ears atop her head twitched in curiosity. She was worried about missing some important events while away, but she hadn't realized how big what she missed would be. What happened? Last she remembered, Brother Lucas was the Summer sovereign, so perhaps it involved him. Nothing would change up cliques quite like leaders being changed.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"The leadership has taken a step back. Put more of the day-to-day running on the... uh... membership's shoulders, like. So, like, now we got Freehold positions... I didn't see you at the Feast so I'm guessing you didn't put in a vote. So... um... yeah..."

He paused to much on his meal and guzzle his drink thirstily.

"Now we got a Steward again. And an Emissary... A General... A Constable and a Magistrate. Oh yeah, and an Archivist librarian person. Yeah."

He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand; chewed.

"No guessin' that the... martial people cornered the General and the Constable," he continued, dipping his head toward's Tessa with his eyes roving across the crowded restaurant. So far, it appeared the mountain was comfortable with the distance the other patrons afforded them. "The... Uh... book learning types cornered the Magistrate and the Archivist, yeah? Obvious really - they's the ones with understanding of the mystical... stuff, yeah? Now the Emissary and the Steward went differently, so its... interesting."

He wolfed down the remains of his meal.

"You should hook up with some of the others. Its the details that are important, yeah?"

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Book learning types? In THAT club? Huh. I kind of thought most of them were a bunch of bruisers." To be fair, she didn't remember too many Summer Courtiers. Really just Malory and Marcus, and neither of them struck her as the bookish types. Actually, scratch that, she knew Malory well enough to know she DEFINITELY wasn't a book type, she left all that to Ava. But now that she was more aware of Mantles, perhaps she would notice more members.

"Yeah, I think I'll do that. I'll probably see Malory some time or another, probably when I see Ava again. And... is Andrea part of the Club? Or is that just how she looks? Because if she is, then I'll definitely be seeing her anyways." Tessa finished off her own sandwich, having been munching on it while Malcolm talked. "Anything else happened? Found anymore strays like me? I know you don't talk much but I'm sure you're up to no good yourself," she said in jest. Malcolm wasn't exactly the rabble-rouser type, she felt she could say that to him without actually implicating him in anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.