Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Vampires and Parks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

PRE

"I've never understood the appeal of automobiles," Josephine countered with a small frown. "They seem to encourage what I call 'transportation privilege'. Most everyone with an automobile acts as though it were a god given right that they should be able to travel faster than any other animal upon the earth and god help anything that gets in the way, such as traffic or the occasional pedestrian. It's as though the wonder of being transported by such a complicated contraption isn't worthy of note, and there is no purpose to the mighty engine other than fulfilling their transportational whims.

"Such can be observed, I find, in the speed one takes when exiting their vehicle. If it's anywhere near ten seconds, they clearly do not appreciate the true enormity of the vehicle which they possess. I suspect if they were ever to have a limb crushed by such a vehicle they would learn to appreciate it more. Sadly, this is a theory I have not had the opportunity to test,"
    she remarked casually.

2. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Bite it, bite it! demands the predator lurking within the Savage as Vivian makes her patronizing pats on the Gangrel's head.

Konrad just smiles, tame as a puppy as far as anyone can know. But Josephine doesn't seem interested in confessions at the moment, dismissing its mention, perhaps as one of Konrad's many lighthearted statements.

The Lord dates herself by raising her concerns over the fascination of automobiles. Strange, how Konrad had been thinking how similar their beliefs had been, the focus on Kine, on finding purpose. And yet progress and change still elude some Kindred seated in tradition. But she makes a point.

"Yeah well, when life's short either you try to cut out the time between point A and point B, or you enjoy the ride. Either feed impulse or efficiency. But I'm sure everyone would be more careful if they thought they might get in an accident on the road. Might put the fear of God in them," comments Konrad with a knowing look to Josephine.

Konrad turns to Vivian again. "But if it's an impulse buy you're after, I'm sure I can hook you up, Vivian. You got your license, all your credentials?" His smile takes on a mischievous curl, pressing her for exactly how legit this transaction would be. After all, she wouldn't be asking if she had the paperwork to handle it herself. An unregistered vehicle brought with it its own issues on the road. But maybe she'd prefer to have a car that couldn't be tied to her identity in order to pursue this sudden urge for street racing.

"Not that it'd be a problem if you didn't," he adds in a lowered voice kept between them.

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow raised, “Street racing? I have to say Vivian, you keep surprising me with your interests.” But she had to wonder, what interests didn’t she share? Everyone had something to hide.

And then Josephine went on about her dislike of cars. Which was weird, didn’t everyone want a quick way to get around? Well, one that wouldn’t break the Masquerade that is.

“A friend and I spent many years hiking and backpacking through Italy and Europe. People don’t realize how amazing the world is when you walk everywhere. And while most cities now provide buses and whatnot, it is still nice to have my Jeep. Especially if I need to get off road or something.” Shrug.

Konrad had an interesting view on the whole car thing.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

V
    Vivian York

“But, it’s my nature to have fun with big objects.” She shrugged and grinned wildly to her Coterie mate. If anything, the Lady kept her grounded from succumbing to certain things. Vivian knew that if it came down to it, Josephine would be the perfect cock-blocker. And sometimes, she may just need it whether or not she’d know it at the time.

“Josephine, you may be right about some. But not all people view vehicles that way.” Clearly she’d never been in the same car with the Daeva. “I personally have trouble leaving my vehicle, to pull myself away from the intoxicating fragrance of the Nova. Almost like trying to reluctantly pull myself away from a lover.”

Shaking her head to Konrad. “No, not an impulse by. I’m sure I will go and casually stalk a few lots before I make my move.” Which may have had an innuendo here or there. “And I won’t have any issue procuring these things.” Winking down from him above.

“Well, Ale, I am full of surprises.” She laughed heartily. “Can’t say I’ve ever backpacked though. I’m sure that’s quite fascinating to take in the scenery first hand instead of zinging by it.”

“How about you, Ale? Name one thing we wouldn’t guess you fancied. And you two as well.” Motioning to Konrad and Josephine.

PRE

Josephine couldn't help but laugh softly when Vivian professed her enjoyment of magnitude. It was wonderful to be friends with one who had such an intimate grasp of what they liked. Too many Kindred and Kine alike were strangers to themselves. She hated to meet those people, for they reminded her far too much of herself...Alas, she seemed to be in good company tonight. None of them had even blinked at her dreams of mutilation, and such was comforting to see.

"I doubt anything I fancy would surprise you," she replied, now that laughter had finally died. "However, in relation to one of your earlier topics of conversation, I do fancy the smell of cordite. Or, I suppose it's gunpowder now, isn't it? Well, regardless, I am very fond of the engines which use them. They hold a special resonance with the infernal, you see."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

So Vivian's interest in cars had only been a conversation piece. Konrad shrugs at her wink, discarding any plans he might have been formulating at a deal. Again the woman remains a mystery to Konrad. Her needs and wants seem superficial and erratic. Firearms, street races, the opera, tattoos, and the bodies that wear them. She also bore no affiliation that he is aware of. Since she was a stickler for playing by the rules he shouldn't have been surprised that she already held the credentials she needed. It is almost like everything is a game to her, an attempt to entertain herself until she finds herself bored and moving onto some new toy.

He couldn't fault her for it. The years could do that to a Kindred.

"I'm a fan of collecting things," answers Konrad honestly. "I used to have all these old coins and themed playing card decks. Trading cards, comic books. Left them behind when I left L.A. They were just sort of extra baggage at the time. Sort of silly, I know. But every now and then I get an inkling to start one. If I every started making some real cash, maybe I'd start collecting cars too."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was always interesting to put Kindred of different Families together and see where the conversation went.

The mention of gunpowder brought a knowing smile to her face, “Gunpowder does have an intoxicating smell.” She found it comforting in some senses. It also stirred memories, new and old, of the path her life had taken.

Hearing Konrad talk about collecting cards and comic books actually did surprise her.

“One thing about me, hmmm,” she says leaning back on the bench, deciding what to share. “Ok, well, I actually enjoy classical music. I find it relaxing and soothing.” There was a shrug, she wasn’t embarrassed by it.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

V
    Vivian York

Vivian had rather hoped that Konrad or even Ale had some sort of connections in the city. Although the feminine Savage was new so that didn’t really surprise her. Alas, she would go about as she normally did for a vehicle.

“A catalytic converter, Josephine?” Snapping her fingers and pointing towards the Lady. “It just so happens that my Nova has one.” Even if she couldn’t do more than change oil or tires on her vehicle, the Daeva knew a few things.

Recalling that at one time she wanted to collect things; buttons for that matter. But alas they could be traced back to ‘evidence’. It was a shame really. “Well, you could start off small, Konrad, back to coins, sports cards and the lot. Maybe turn a profit on them to make money and start the car collection.” Which was her own personal goal. At least two for now. She’d need larger Haven with an extra garage.

To soothe the Beast within. On rare occasions, it should be piped into the Elysia. “Always beautiful, and there is usually something out there for everyone no matter how much they dispute it. Chances are they haven’t heard it.”

“You know what other smell I enjoy.” Pausing and looking to the three, a clear expression of 'other than blood'. “As far as odd smells go, rubber cement and spray paint.” Too bad she was dead for the 80’s, whippets would have been wild.

PRE

"For Leash: seventy nine ninety eight forty six thirteen," Josephine pronounced, reading from a wall which loomed within her mind's eye. She blinked, realizing the others had no conception of what she spoke of.

"That was a tag I'd see often in London after the turn of the millennium. It marked territory for one of my family. I always thought it was a silly pun, but I must admit, I've grown increasingly fond of it over the years. I've considered hiring someone to spray paint a few similar tags around my neighborhood, but I doubt that Clarke would approve," she mused.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Maybe, maybe," says Konrad at Vivian's suggestion, tapping his palm against the bench frame. He glances curiously at Josephine, his Savage mind failing to decipher the code until she explains it for them.

"He's shared things in the past. Maybe he will again. Then you might tag whatever you want. But then that's probably no easy task," remarks Konrad indifferently.

The Gangrel grunts and groans as he gets to his feet in a mock struggle and then takes a few steps while stretching out his arms over his head. "Wellll, as much as I'd love to smell the roses a little longer, I aught to be getting on. Things to do, people to shake down." And what lovely roses too. "Vivian, Ale, hope to see you soon for the gun show. Josephine, I was serious about that confession earlier. Think we might be able to meet up sometime?"

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread