THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

It was already late in the long summer day when Crowley the Acanthus went to the coffee shop - one of the more boutique ones squeezed into an odd corner with a little, irregular shaped, open space at the back surrounded by potted plants and ferns. The day was finally cooling and he could feel the accumulated heat rise out of the slabs. The plants that gave an excellent sense of privacy barely moved in the tepid, languid, breeze. The day had been hot and draining; slowly it dragged itself toward nightfall on exhausted limbs.

Humanity felt the drain as well. The coffee shop was all but empty - something which only served to grant the rocker an enigmatic smile as he sent out his texts.

Temoins du Sud needed a space to chat. He had made a decision and it had been without the proper consultations. Lack of time, coupled with spur of the moment thinking. The meeting, he hoped, would smooth over some of the ruffled feathers and give the rest of the crew an opportunity to take stock of the new prospect.

He leaned back in his wicker chair, fingers steepled, manic gleam in his eye and a short black set before him.

The Doorwarden waited for the other Southern Witnesses to arrive.

Truce Vassagon Cabochard Einstein Renen Valkyrie

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Having gotten off of work less than an hour ago, Truce had yet to change out of his maroon work scrubs. It had been a long day for him the promise of coffee and company from Crowley's text is a welcoming one. He could only imagine what options Crowley is referring to, though he imagines it has something to do with his invitation to Valkyrie to join their Cabal. He had a few words to say about that, though he preferred it be in better privacy than a public cafe.

Always a short car drive away, it seems he arrived first, approaching Crowley after a brief survey of the shop.

"Hello, Crowley. How was your day?" he asks in a soft and polite conversational tone before seating himself at the table.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein, unlike Truce, didn't have a clue what 'options' Crowley was referring to. All she knew was that the Cabal was meeting at a coffee shop for some reason, when they had a perfectly serviceable Sanctum they could also have met at. She'd taken her time deciding how she wanted to appear today, and had opted to look like any other coffee shop goer. Jeans, with rips in the knees and a few other spots that had most likely been put there before she'd bought them, a black t-shirt she totally hadn't just stolen from Crowley's closet, despite how clearly it was the wrong size and shape for her, and sneakers. She even had a steel chain bracelet wrapped around one wrist.

The Blank dropped into a seat next to the other two, immediately crossing her legs and lounging across the back of her chair, making herself as comfortable as she could. Her chin raised up twice, greeting the other two. "Hey. Drum Major, Councilor. What's going on?" She paused, then spoke again before they could answer. "Also. Drum Major? Really?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Whaaaat?" Crowley beamed at Einstein. He resisted the urge to poke out his tongue. Instead he turned slightly to Truce. "Pretty well. Pretty well."

He waited a few more moments, pulled out his cell phone and placed it on the table before him. He spared it one short but significant glance.

"I'm glad you could both make it on such short notice. I don't know if Paul here was able to fill you in, Alice, but... ah... I've been trying to do some recruiting. Yeah. I. Ah - think I may have found someone. Assuming they turn up, that is. Goes by the call sign Valkyrie. Red head. You'll know her when you see her. I... eh... I thought she could be a good fit."

He paused. Drank some coffee.

"Oh. Please. My bad... Manners! Y'all get something to drink. I think this little spot has potential. I'm buying tonight." As he lowered his cup his face became more subdued. "Yeah. I owe you guys - Paul especially as I sprung the whole recruitment thing at the last Big Meeting before he could say yea or nay - an explanation. I acknowledged Valkyrie some time ago - Herald thing - and she was looking for a cabal then. She still was at the Big Meeting. She had seemed interested in what we do when I first met her, and when Avis decided to wheel out the new blood I decided I wanted to snub her play a little... And gave Valkyrie the option of joining us right then and there. She... kinda accepted."

He sighed as he let out some tension.

"Alice. Valkyrie is a Libertine. You'd have seen her at the last party meeting."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce remains pan-faced as Crowley flounders while giving the news of his efforts. From the Consilium meeting Crowley made it sound like it was a done deal. The backpeddling is obvious and Truce simply listens, having been present at the moment the Herald is describing.

"Yes, I'll go put in my order," says Truce, impassively before standing. "Do you know what you want, Ein?" he asks, a subtle offer to place her order while he's up there. Since they're in public, Truce decides to keep to the use of Shadow Names, though there's no point really when Crowley is sticking with their True ones. The double-talk begins awkwardly, making him wonder what was wrong with the coffee at the Sanctum.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein's jaw sets, quickly. It takes her a little time before she answers Truce, as the emotions and thoughts roil around beneath the surface, represented pretty clearly in the look in her eyes as she stared at Crowley. Finally, her eyes flicker to Truce. "Surprise me."

Then, she straightens in her chair, hands coming to rest lightly on the table in front of her, and she leans forward a little, looking Crowley dead in the eyes. "So, let me get this straight. Without the approval of any other member of the group, or even a discussion on the topic, you offered someone a position among our little crew. This is someone that, not only does only one of us know, but the one of us who does know her, barely knows anything at all. So she hasn't been vetted." She continued to glare, the look still focused directly into the center of Crowley's eyes. "Is that about right?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"I vetted her myself. So did Arthur, who is my Heralding buddy now." Crowley responded levelly. He shifted subtly in response to Truce's movements. "She is legit. She is a Libertine and an Enchanter. I was hoping she'd be here by now, so we could chat and see if this thing will work." His face darkened a little. "If you want to hate on me for it, fine. I accept that. At the time I was more worried that Avis might sequester her into her little crew, or else make sure she wound up where she wanted. We do need some allies at some point, right."

The Consilium had gone smoothly. The Herald held no doubts that much of that was due to the Arrow taking a hand in directing the agenda from the start.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce places the orders at the counter, one café au lait and a regular black coffee, before returning to the table.

"I'm certain this woman is all that you claim her to be, Crowley. And no one is hating on you. Your reasoning is sound. But that's not the point. The point is that you made the decision without us. That puts us in a difficult position. I know that we started our group rather abruptly. We barely knew each other back then. But things are different now. The importance of our alliance is more significant now and I, for my part, wish to be included in any big changes and decisions that effect that. It also puts Valkyrie in a difficult position as I'm sure she doesn't wish to be the subject of dispute," explains Truce with calm and patience.

Truce looks to Einstein. "Perhaps after we meet with her we may all be more comfortable with the addition," he says before returning his attention to Crowley. "And I'm sure you understand our reservations, right? Let's just speak with her and if there is a problem then I hope you'll accept our reasoning for it."

A moment later the prepared coffee is ready and Truce takes the black while the café au lait is placed before Einstein.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein frowns. "I can see where you're coming from, Crowley. Sort of. But, last time I checked, we're not at war with the Threats. Unless you decided to declare that without my approval too." The edge of her mouth twists into what might have been a joking smirk. "It doesn't benefit us to try to grab up every little newcomer who's other option is joining up with them. In fact, it's probably more likely to hurt us. If your goal is to make sure they don't rise to dominate us all, it's a bit late for that, isn't it?" She let out a small snort.

She looks at Truce and nods in thanks when he brings her drink, though she doesn't touch it quite yet. "After we meet her, if she shows up. Chances aren't looking great for that, so far. One of you guys do something to scare her off?" Another snort. "Or maybe someone's been telling stories about me and I scared her off."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley gives a smile when Truce returns with his calming words. "Point taken, I guess."

Roused by Einstein, he looks once more at his phone and then shifts in his seat. Craning his neck he peers around the calm, secluded, and empty space.

"Hmmm. Must be busy I guess. Anyway... Yeah. Hey! No. Can't say she heard anything bad about anyone. Except maybe me." He flashed a grin.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread