Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Coffee Shop Gathering

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Flidais returned Einsteins condescending smile with a wolfish grin. "I don't think I implied you meant otherwise, but everything should be accounted for, even the most mundane of methods." She said back before then dealing with the questions.

"Truce is correct, I am a member of the Mysterium, my areas of research are native traditions of many cultures, folklore, animistic practices, animalism and I have a keen interest in animal group dynamics, most of my observations have been on packs but I have also spent time observing flocks, murders, herds and other things. There is much truth that people over look, thinking it part of their everyday, taking wonder for granted." a brief pause accompanied the statement before continuing.

"As for handling trouble, I do not know exactly what you mean, I have gone hunting before, I am not bad with bow and like most with my talents a bit of time to prepare can make me and Puppy quite formidable. If instead you were asking of my determination and will, that is solid. And as for medical knowledge, I can remove the bullet scalpel or heal you with magic, I am proficient with both forms of healing, although if you want a certificate of my worth, I have none to show."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce smiles softly, more pleased that Flidais's talents went well beyond simple dog training. He nods as she lists her experiences.

"Very impressive. I think we have a good understanding of where your focus and interest lie. Now, perhaps you have more questions for us. If I may, I am, as you may know, the Moros Councilor. I'm currently undergoing evaluation by the Silver Ladder for membership in my pursuit to help the Consilium function better. But outside of that I am a student of psychology. I would be most interested in discussing aspects of behavioral psychology with you if you're interested. As with many attuned to the Watchtower of the Lead Coin, I have a specialized focus in the Death Arcanum and dealing with the ephemeral specters left behind after death claims them. So I would also enjoy to listen to your views on the dichotomy of life and death, at a later time of course."

Truce looks to the others hopefully for their participation.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley watched and listened.

"What I meant is, I'm one of the Consilium's Heralds, and a Libertine. My friend Einstein is a Libertine who is definitely of a more hard core bent than me; and she has made her reputation by walking out on the hierarchy because they were all talk, at the time, and because of certain infractions done against her. Not many people care to remember that part; they prefer to see her as a trouble maker because she doesn't turn up to our navel gazing sessions - just because. My friend Truce is the Moros Councillor and one of the more level headed members of the Council, and one of the few I trust to keep me from going off the path. I ambivalent about the Consilium and hold the Herald post because I put my hand up for it when no one else would. I believe some times you have to stand up for your fellow mages and be the guy who watches out for trouble. Einstein would probably let it burn so she could build something better. Truce is the middle way; the balance between us."

He leaned forward.

"I am what you Diamond types call an Enchanter. I dabble a bit with the old Fate magic but my interest is in workings of divination and old time augery. I also have a fascination with spatial and sympathetic magics. In my spare time I carouse... a lot. And play very loud music. By day I moonlight as a musician. By night... well... lets say I take an interest in what fringe religious groups are up."

A gleam now in his eye.

"Can you work with that?"

4. Likes Cabochard, linkrulesx10 liked this post
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein's jaw shifted and she watched Flidais as the woman talked. "Do you know how to use any weapon other than a bow? Bows are hard to sneak around, because, you know, they're giant pieces of wood that shoot other pieces of wood. Not exactly pocket-concealable. Most of the time, in a fight, gun versus bow, gun wins. Like rock-paper-scissors, but with your life on the line." She shook her head and looked sideways at Crowley.

"Let 'em burn...let 'em burn..." She sang quietly, then shook her head."Well, it's what they'd expect of me. Who am I to disappoint them?" The Obrimos laughed softly, then shrugged and winked at Flidais. "But, so you don't freak out, I wouldn't instigate the burning. Probably. Well, not any burning lethal to the members, anyway. I'm not a Seer."

Flidais takes another breath and addresses each member in turn, starting with Truce's comments.

"I could talk for an age on the cycle that is life and death, although based on past exchanges, we will probably end up coming to very different conclusions. And as for psychology, I would happily learn further, I love to talk to experts on any matter, and that is somewhat close to an interest of mine!" She said with a genuine pleasure in her voice.

"Can I work with that? Probably, as long as people are ok with what I do, and what I need to do as a member of the Mysterium. I train dogs, I go out and meditate at various places and at various times, I run every morning, and tend a small garden when I can. And as for your talents Crowley... Maybe you could show me sometime, singing is on my to-do list to learn and I never turn down a chance to carouse. Also these fringe religious groups sound fascinating, are they new or older?" She said the word carouse extending it out slightly longer then one normally would, as if mulling over whether she liked the word or that it was a word she not normally used.

"I am not a warrior, that being said I can throw a knife and I have Puppy, with a bit of time to prepare that becomes more formidable then it sounds" Flidais said with a shrug.

"The consilium seemed calm, but I have heard from others that it has only recently become that way. I wonder if the latest calm was just a farce hiding the undercurrents of tension." The words came out sounding like she was talking to herself instead of a statement.

"Questions for you!" her head tilted to the side slightly as she thought. "Do you have an over-all mission or founding statement? Or is this city currently so beset with banishers so that there is not time for much else? Are both previous questions true?" Flidais asked wanting to know more about the cabals goals.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce looks to Crowley, surprised at the honesty and openness of his statements. "Crowley. Thank you, I'm really glad you feel that way. And I'm glad I can rely on you to take initiative when others may hesitate," he smiles, touched by what he interprets to be a compliment for his efforts to be that level headed individual.

Returning his attention to their applicant, Truce sees a woman who is compromising and willing to move outside their comfort zone in order to provide for the needs of the Cabal. He remains silent at what is being said until Flidais asks her questions.

"We don't have a founding statement. Our original intention was to monitor known Hallows that have been unclaimed and see that they are kept tabs on, but we are working on revising that. And to be honest I have never encountered a Banisher in this city personally, nor would I want to. But there is evidence of their activities, yes. Their influence is growing and we cannot be lax about it," he answers.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"So far, the Banishers seem content to rule the roost at Sacramento State. Don't know how long that will last, though. We do know that they do have a hand in a designer drug, but we don't know how deep their influence runs. And anyway, another group is following up on that one. We have our own lines of enquiry going."

"The fringe groups? Neo pagan, mostly. Anything else that attracts my fancy. Its a small community." A smirk wants to writhe across his face; the Enchanter battles it for control.

He finished his coffee. Not that there was much left anyway, but it served to occupy his mouth. His eyes bounced from Truce to Einstein and rested on Flidais.

"What about you? Do you have any goals?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein snorted at Flidais. "Yes. The calm was a farce. It's always a farce. Hiding the reality, which is that it's all held together by thin threads that are just waiting to snap and let the whole thing collapse under its own weight." She shook her head. "For a bit, I thought it was a little funny. But it's really just sad. They can't even pretend to work together without it being obvious. And they're all so stuck in their ways of thinking, they won't fix it."

"Like Truce said, we're not maintaining any sort of overall mission statement. We're not even maintaining positions anymore, just staying fluid. As for the Banishers...yeah. We have a thing. But we can't say much unless you join up. It's a secret, since we don't know who we can trust."
    Einstein watched Flidais' eyes when she said her last part, gauging her reaction. The question was implied. How would the Mystagogue respond?

"Goals? I strongly believe in my orders values and they fit well with my values. I live for life and experiences and my goal is to experience as many things, and do as much good that I can during my short turn on this cycle." She said answering that question before moving onto some of the more serious matters.

"The university seems like a sinister place to set up, lots of bright people that are either naive or looking for something better. Is there evidence of recruiting from amongst the campus? If I remember my Uni days there was always half a dozen different clubs hosting events, looking for bodies to fill them. She said simply before then turning her Attention back to the Libertine, by this time Flidais was thinking that the woman simply likes to try and bait everyone.

"Thin threads waiting to snap... Is there anyone you recommend I try and steer clear of? When things snap creatures often lash out emotionally. Anyway, you mention a secret and then say you can't tell me more until I join up..." Flidais sighs light-heartedly

"Shall I sign up then?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce holds a disapproving look as Einstein voices her criticism of the Consilium.

"However, not all of us believe that to be the case," adds Truce without pursuing a dispute. "I would recommend you make that decision for yourself, including your opinion of its individual members."

Truce looks at his watch next, noting the time. "In any case, I think we'll get in touch with you shortly with our answer. Right now I really need to get going. Again, it was a pleasure to meet you and hear of your experiences, Flidais." Truce extends a hand over the table to bid his farewell to the Mystagogue. He has every intention of voicing his approval of Flidais's membership in Temoins du Sud but it may be too soon to bring her in on their next voyage into the campus.

He says his farewells to Einstein and Crowley and departs the coffee shop.

Month mark reached. Wrapping up.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread