Watch

Dos Amigos : The Sequel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

216 Bannon St, Sacramento, CA 95811.

The graveyard shift had rolled in - both staff and Cordoba. He checked in and called Marco with his smartphone. He issued a request to meet him at the Super 8 hotel near the American River. "I have a task for you," was all the information he provided as to why he held the meeting.

Blush of Life, -1 vitae

M
    Matrixchild

The Priscus had been vague and that intrigued Marco. What could the Handsome Spaniard have in store for the Handsome Hispanic? He went to the Super 8 hotel and found Juan at the specified location. Remembering their last conversation Marco decided to play it casual in case there were any watchful eyes. "Juan! Buenas noches. It's wonderful to see you," he said with a smile.

J
    Juan Cordoba

When Fernandez arrived, Cordoba greeted him in response, "Buenas noches Marco." The younger Daeva's Beast still riled up his own. Fortunately, not to the extent that it used to. "Come with me," he instructed.

The Toreador led the pair off to a room he had reserved. Swiping the key-card into the slot, with the two of them safely sequestered in the room, he closed the door behind him.

Begin Spanish Conversation

"It's good to see you as well Marco. How have you been?"

M
    Matrixchild

His beast begged him to run as Marco approached the man, but he mentally waved away the request as lingering primitive urges. Marco knew that even though they were heading into a single room and he could be destroyed by the Daeva, that he probably had nothing to fear, so why freak out about it.

As the conversation switched to exclusively Spanish Marco continued in turn.

Continues in Spanish

"I'm doing quite well. With Gerald's recent absence I've at least temporarily moved up in rank, though in duties alone and not title...yet," he said with a smile. "How about yourself?"

He would follow the Daeva's lead but he kept the vague tone of his words. Even in Spanish you never knew who was listening.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Cordoba furrowed a brow at the news of Gerald leaving town. "Congratulations on your promotion. His loss, your gain and all that." Juan settled down into a chair. He gestured to the other chair in the room. "Pull up a seat," he politely requested before continuing. "As for me, amongst many other things, I recently met with Diana Barnes. She's another member of the Movement. Have you met her yet?"

M
    Matrixchild

Realizing the man in front of him looked alive and he himself didn't he flushed blood through his veins. He was lucky no one saw him on the way here but he'd be careful on the way home. "Thank you."

He took the seat offered and waited to respond. "Yes I have. She seems quite delightful. I hope she made a good impression."

-1 vitae for blush of life

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador waited, watching the Carthian's skin flush with counterfeited life. "Yes, Diana was a pleasant surprise," he stated warmly regarding the woman, "She is definitely the most inquisitive I've Cousin I've dealt with."

Fingers steepled together, pressing together tightly, then slowly releasing. "You came to me back in April. You wanted to learn of what you could do to help the Family." Juan cocked his head to the side, a curious look appearing upon his face. "Tell me, what have you heard around the Domain since we last spoke?"

M
    Matrixchild

"She certainly is. More inquisitive than most members of the Movement as well."

With the shift in tone Marco re-positioned himself so that one leg was on top of the other's knee. "I'll be honest, all I've learned is rumors about others. Connections between Wooding, Sterling, and York. Some insight into how different people think, stuff like that."

"I also made some minor connections here and there. Police, City Hall, Clubs. A variety of places like that. But other than that little bit of info I haven't heard of anything dramatic happening, other than Velma's departure that is. Is there something in particular you're looking for?"
    he said with a interested look.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Cordoba nodded, hearing Fernandez's report. Seems he was better tune in tune than anticipated. His hand arose, slowly rubbing his chin, thinking about what was said.

"Yes, a very sad departure." The lack of concern for Velma was apparent in his voice. "I heard about a certain investigation. Would you indulge me on that matter?"

M
    Matrixchild

Surprise grew on Marco's face. "So you knew? Must mean she knew as well. Clearly my man in city hall isn't as quiet as I'd hoped."

Marco let out a sigh, mostly out of habit. "Well if you recall she had told me at the very first meeting I attended that she owned the Lily. I had a new contact and wanted to test him out. I was also a little curious if she had her business license under a different name, so it was part test and part gathering information. On a third point, if you are gracious enough to grant me the right to own a business in the future I hope to open a cabaret. How someone as established as her set up her business would have been helpful information, though all I learned was of its closing. It was not done in any ill will, though I am interested in her vacated position," he said with a smile.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.