Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
(FOC) Where'd She Go?

Page 8 of 25 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
    S
    Selena

The first man they encountered whose aid they sought was dressed in a pink leisure suit reminiscent of the late 70's. Lanky and gaunt, and quirky lips and ears, definitely a Wizened to be sure. His voice was shrill and paranoid.

"Oh, who ya lookin for?" Quickly spinning with buldging eyes looking with puckered serious lips to Coco and Gregory.

"A guy in plaid eh?" He did a double take, a triple take... and a quadruple take. "I don't know the guy! Ya hear that, never seen this guy!!" He said loud enough that anyone in range could hear.

Then, he hunched over, leaned between the Lurkglider and Skittersulk, whispering like everything was a conspiracy. "What if I did know, whatcha got?"

Wizened Weirdo

Lynn Mills

Lynn turned and looked along their chosen path, barely resisting the urge to pull at her hair. Honestly, the odds of finding just one person in the entirety of this Market seemed almost hopeless.... But they had to try. Taking a few steps, she smiled at the nearest shopper, putting all her effort into being charming enough for them to want to help

"Excuse me. I'm looking to 'hire' some help; and I have very specific needs. You wouldn't happen to know where I might go to look for such help, would you? I'm looking for a Gristlegrinder, you see; and the more unknown they are the better. In fact, if they just walked in off the street, I'd hire them on the spot."

You really want to help me. 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-14 21:12:10 Lynn Mills rolls 8 to question the locals [Manipulation (3) + Socalize (2)] (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 2, 8, 8, 5, 7, 9, 4 3 successes

I think Mrs. Rosemary is a Gristlegrindger, but the NPC sheets aren't up anymore. If I'm totally and completely wrong, please just substitute what she actually is. (I'll send you a cookie )

3. Likes Cayce liked this post

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo nodded in agreement to Ramona's amendment, as if he would argue a reason to get away from the Ogress. He followed Coco to the first guy she talked to and had to stop himself from recoiling as he started yelling. When the inevitable question of what they could pay him came up, he simply grinned.

"What is it you're looking for? I might have a few of things, but I intend to get more while I'm here." It wasn't a lie. Gregory had mentioned the pair that took Rosemary had visited a pawn shop also, so it seemed only appropriate he visit them back. "Maybe I could set aside something for you once I do?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan couldn't stop the sigh of relief when Cosima stormed off. What could she say? She didn't like the Spring Clavinger as a person. She did however send a smile up at Ramona, grateful that the "warrior" of their group was her instead of the wasp.

Though that was probably done for logics sake. All a group of Cosima, Lynn, and Morgan would be good for was a distraction by making a scene. Morgan could hear Cosima yelling at somebody, though the words were hard to make out. She groaned as yelling in another voice came from the same area. Hopefully the others did more of the talking.

She instead focused upon following Lynn, sticking close to her motley mate. When Lynn asked a random "person" indirectly about Mrs Rosemary, the raccoon looked up at her friend. Her mouth opened to talk, but she stopped herself before blurting things out. She'd trust Lynn to be better at the people stuff then her.

Teeth clicking as she shut her mouth, the Beast turn her big-eyed face upon the same shopper. The raccoon then started to rapidly nod her head as she put a friendly smile on her face: "Yuppers-yes-yes. T'would be kindness-niceness if-if ye know of such. Ye look knowledgeable to-to me. C-c-c-can ye heh-help uzzzz to feh-find such heh-help-to-hire? Pretty-pretty-please?"

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-15 16:22:01 Morgan Bellanar rolls 4 to Manip + Social + Pledge (10 Again) 7, 10, 3, 3, 9 2 successes
    ]

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"I told you, we will pay if the information you provide allows us to find them. Otherwise it isn't valuable knowledge that you're selling, now is it? So, tell us what you know and if we are to find them then we shall return to give you payment. Say, a watch?" Coco proposed, hoping that she could quickly convince the man to part with what he knew. Alas, she suspected he was a shrewd negotiator. Much more so than she.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-16 02:12:44 Coco rolls 4 to cut a deal (manipulation2+pers2) (10 Again) 5, 7, 3, 5 failure
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"A watch be what we...got," confirms Gregory, revealing the watch in hand to the peddler without loosening his grip on the thing. He isn't quite in favor of giving up their one bargaining chip, but what else was a bargaining chip good for? And it would allow the merchant to examine a sample of the wares they may provide.

"We seek to recover stolen merchandise that these men did pilfer, which we be willing to part with, in part, should we recover it," explains the Gargoyle with a stern expression.

S
    Selena

Lynn, Morgan and Ramona

The shopper they happened upon dressed in a red gown and draped with even more red countered and smiled.

“Oh honey, what ever do you want a Gristle Grinder for? I mean, other than they can be useful for a few things, quite contrite if I say so. " If her looks didn’t give it away, it was pretty clear that she was a Fairest by her protest of another Changeling.

But the Raccoon and Nightsinger were very convincing. “But, up the path, there’s a shop keep with a pointy head. All of the fun bargaining happens there."

“I could take you there, they know me rather well. I mean look at this gorgeous piece I got last week.” Jutting out her wrist decked with bobbles of beautiful clear stones. “Come along, follow me. I have all the time in the world today.”

Lady in Red

1 success (scratch the pinky part of either of these)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-16 19:00:50 Pink to Racoon rolls 6 to Comp + Emp (10 Again) 5, 4, 6, 8, 5, 2 1 success
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-16 18:56:33 Pinky rolls 6 to Comp + Emp (10 Again) 9, 3, 5, 3, 2, 6 1 success

Coco, Milo and Gregory

"I'll pass on the watch kids. I got plenty of those." The man in pink sounded irritated and unimpressed. "Some idiot comes 'long here and gives me one e'ry time I tell him stuff."

“Weaaaaaaaaaaallll… I could easily go for some sort of tools. Carving, or tinkering. Always something useful.”

1 success – nope!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-16 22:14:33 Pinky rolls 6 to Man + Per (10 Again) 7, 2, 2, 4, 1, 10, 3 1 success

OOC sorry!

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Done. We shall provide you with tools. Now, tell us what you know," Coco demanded, leaning towards the man, eager to be on her way.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Lynn Mills

Lynn dutifully admired the baubles of their new friend and smiled brilliantly. "That certainly is a lovely piece. I'd love to meet the people who can obtain such diverse merchandise. We certainly appreciate you showing us there."

With a nod to Ramona and a hopeful squeeze of the shoulder to Morgan, Lynn followed after the woman who seemed their best lead so far.

whoops

Page 8 of 25 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.