171 - 180
DISPLAYED
(FOC) Where'd She Go?

Page 18 of 25 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last
    S
    Selena

I think we're waiting for a couple people yet

Milo Chernobog

I've been waiting, and hoping, that Gregory would post. Since I had a question directed at him. Sorry for the delay.
    Ramona doesn't try for subtle, she strides purposefully right up to their table. On the way, her eyes dart to the two men, the people near them, and the nearby environment. Noting who's sitting where, where there might be an obstacle, trying to spot hidden weapons. Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. "Afternoon," she greets them, as she gets closer. Straight to the point, she goes on, "I'm looking for a friend of mine. An ogress with green hair, a razor sharp smile, and a forked tongue." She's watching their reactions as she speaks, trying to spot any little tell that might reveal that they know what she's talking about. Yes, she's laying her cards on the table at the moment, but she doesn't really see another option right now.

S
    Selena

Ramona and Gregory

“In the back. Working as I presume the woman should be.” The burly man looked pompous, but serious as a heart attack. “She is exactly where she should be.”

His other companions leaned up to speak, but the plaid man waved them down. “She has a duty to fulfill.” The Plaid man's beady eyes ticked from Ramona to Gregory as if waiting for the two to say or do something more.

Milo and Coco

There was a loud sigh from the other side of the door. It was probably time to face the music. So many years she’d worried things would come to a head and now… they had.

“Well dearies, I’m just fine.” Rosemary said as she cracked the door open. Her cheery mother like eyes peered through the slit in the opening. “I thank you for your concern Milo but I had forgotten something and it finally caught up to me.”

The Ogress’ eyes looked to the Spritely Fairest. “I’m glad you followed through, but now you can be relieved of your Oath Cosima. I know you both had the best intentions.” A brief nod to the two of them. She looked a little nervous and didn’t open the door further.

Lynn and Morgan

“Itsth no problem ma’msth. I’sth justh tryin to be usethful.”

“Thereth nothing to be done about my theeth. The hedthge can work in mystheriousth waysth, even punish.” His mouth slowly moved as more cuts appeared on his tongue. He also didn’t have any shame to hide in his speech problem as he’d wore whatever he was cursed with to the fullest. It also seemed like he was stuck right where he was.

The man lifted his arm and carefully bent his fingers back away from his palm as far as he could make them. With the ball of his palm, he patted the Beast’s shoulder gently. “I know. Thshe was worried abouth your friend.”

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp eyed the chef through the thin crack of the door, the Ogre's visage in miniature playing across the facets of the Wasp's eyes...

Yet it was not her visage that the Wasp was attempting to see, but rather something far deeper. Something far closer to the core of the cook, the center of what drove not just her profession but rather her life itself. Surely this could not be what the Ogre wanted. Surely Rosemary wanted to remain free and unbound in the home of her choice, yet the truth of Rosemary's heart was occluded from Coco's eyes.

Thus, she simply must ask, and ask in a way that would fool even the most deviously worded of pledges.

"If you truly desire us to leave,"
    Coco spoke, "then we shall. So tell me, dear Rosemary. Is that your desire? Do you wish to quit the Freehold and to reside here?"

Cupid's eye failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-18 00:23:01 Coco! rolls 6 to Know her heart's desire...(wits4+wyrd2) (10 Again) 6, 3, 7, 5, 6, 5 failure

-1 Glamour
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

She lifts her head to glance at the companions. Her hand doesn't move, but if she needs to pull her axe, she'll be pulling it. And in all likelyhood, planting it in someone's face. When they relax, she returns her attention to Plaid Man. "Is that so?" She asks. "What duty might that be?"

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Very sorry for the delay

Fearful as he is, Gregory shies away from the duo and hides behind Ramona's frame, glancing around at times to determine the intentions Rosemary's supposed captors. He is perfectly fine with Ramona handling the talking for the moment.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"It's not a problem Ms Rosemary." Milo started with a smile. He was still suspicious of the circumstances, and the clear anxiety still kept him on his guard. In hindsight he really needed that one Autumn Contract to get a more precise read on these sorts of things, but that was a regret he'd have to remedy later.

"If I may ask, what exactly is it that caught up to you? You seem to have come here of your own volition, but don't seem particularly happy with your current predicament."

He continued to watch the Ogress. Hiding behind the door when her fellow freeholders were here was suspicious, and asking directly if she was under duress would only lead to the obvious denial while still in what maybe enemy territory.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Lynn smiled gratefully at the man. "Thank you for being so understanding about everything. If you don't mind excusing us, I'd like to go check on our friend as well. Thank you very much for your time." Turning, Lynn laid one hand on Morgan's shoulder and made her way carefully back to where Coco and Milo were standing in front of a door; dodging around any of the kitchen workers as she went. Reaching the door, she nodded at what she could see of the Ogress through the crack in the door. "Mrs. Rosemary. You worried us."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan smiled nervously and gave a little wave goodbye at the toothy man. When Lynn placed her hand on the Beast's shoulder, she let her friend guide her towards Cosima and Milo's location. The raccoon rapidly nodded her head in agreement with Lynn, "Yes-yes-yes concerned eh-everyone twas. Um...tis there any-anything we could do to-to aid-help ye?"

Morgan figured Mrs Rosemary was paying off a debt of some kind. Extra hands could help with that, as long as one of the others could cook.

Page 18 of 25 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.