Ended
Watch

About that Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

"A toast you say?" an inquisitive tone followed, "Something appropriate will have to be arranged for the future."

As Vivian inquired about a "to-do" list, he nodded, "Yes. There are two individuals to keep an eye out for. Richard Black and Daniel Wells. If you see Richard, I want you to tell him that he should call me. If you see Daniel, I want you to call me." Somehow Juan's words carried an unpleasant undertone.

As quickly as it had disappeared regarding the two Daeva, his cordial demeanor re-emerged. "Beyond that, I encourage you to enjoy your free time. You will be brought up to speed on the Domain's affairs soon enough."

V
    Vivian York

“Well as long as it’s in the form of Blood, if we’re not in public. But, if public then well I suppose I could let myself drink some champagne.” She snickered. “Ah the duel life we lead Juan. Makes you wonder why people ‘just can’t believe that Dr. X lead a duel life and had two wives’!” Vivian's tone gave a mocking example. Which was part of her job to find out in the past, but that was the past.

And already, it had begun; two that were on her radar within moments of her new position. Juan’s tone wasn’t promising at all either. “Well Richard, I’m aware of as you mentioned before. This Daniel Wells character, what has he done?”

“Oh please. I have a lot of free time.” Sometimes the Daeva wondered if it was too much. As often as she told people she did nothing but sit and watch television, she spent a lot of evenings with people of the Domain.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Priscus shook his head, "No, definitely not champagne." a look of disgust followed. "Nor anything else other than blood. I sincerely hate the aftermath of that." His features resettled as he took a seat on the couch on the opposite end from her.

"Daniel Wells..."
    he sighed in frustration. His left hand clenched into a fist before releasing his grip. "Daniel Wells has the ignoble status of being the first ever Daeva I have refused to Acknowledge. If he is found within the city, report him to myself and Deputy Rina Yui."

V
    Vivian York

“Purging, unless necessary, is unbecoming of our Family.” She snickered softly, but it was entirely the truth.

“Okay, but why?” Vivian asked, not caring if it was a need-to-know basis. “I’d like to know the reason, in short, about why his Acknowledgement was refused. Of course, I’m aware of what isn’t allowed in the Domain. But if there was something in particular you, or anyone else finds intolerable, it would be good to know for future reference.” Whether or not she sounded nosey was not something she really cared about. The Daeva wasn’t about to beat around the bush. Cutting to the chase was more her style.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"My concern with him lay in his incredible lack of foresight to preserve the Masquerade," he replied immediately.

"From his verbal barrage of extraneous details, Daniel's "business plan" for his illicit "transportation service" had more holes than Swiss cheese. It primarily consisted of hope and luck that he would never be arrested."

V
    Vivian York

“Well, that’s more than just mildly irritating. Here I thought he only had a fierce tongue with you.” Shaking her head, clearly Vivian was frustrated.

“You know, how do people last long in their Requiems when they are that daft? Kine get arrested for that bollocks. But they don’t need to worry about disintegrating in a jail cell and alerting the media of someone who ‘spontaneously combusted in prison’. They don’t always blame the poor food now days.”

As if the Daeva had heard that tale before.

"Alright, so I'll call you if I see him." Vivian chuckled deviously. "You're sure I can't do something in the meantime..." Clearly she meant the idiot they were speaking of.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Indeed," Juan had nothing else he felt to say about his decision.

"Well, since you asked," his voice drew upon a malignant amusement. "If Daniel happens to be Poaching in the Domain, that's a very serious offense."

A Cheshire smile crept up. "If you just happen to call me after he's been successfully restrained, I would applaud you for your excellent work."

A dark chuckle followed. "It's not your fault he doesn't obey the local authority."

V
    Vivian York

She knew the laws, Juan was just reiterating to severity of the situation. Her devious grin still on her face. “If your definition of restraining someone is loose, I can definitely think about that…” She winked. Kneecaps would grow back eventually.

“Of course, it’s no one’s fault but his, and his alone. Has he taken any steps to rectify the situation? Does he have any sort of plan other than ‘I’m fucked’?”

Leaving town was always an option, some were just to blind to see it.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Feel free to be..." he paused momentarily for suspense, "creative." Both of his brows rose with a malicious grin.

His features resettled. "After I denied his Acknowledgement, I told him to think on his mistakes and he may try again at the next Court." Holding both hands in the air. "The fool said his good bye, stood up and practically ran out of the conference room." His fingers wiggled swiftly mimicking a sprint. "I thought he'd grow a brain and go back Seattle - "

Cordoba interrupted himself, "did I mention he was from Seattle?" Without much concern he continued on, "If it were me, I'd go back to where I was last Acknowledged and simply wait. A month is a blink of the eye."

V
    Vivian York

“Well, sometimes I like to give a slight benefit of the doubt and hope that people like that won’t continue to be stupid.”

“But, I’ve been proven wrong so many times.” She shrugged with a grin.

“No, you didn’t mention it. He’ll probably stick around, albeit utterly famished.”

“Well, Juan, I should get going. I’m sure you have other things to attend to before daybreak.” Vivian stood, a polite bow of her head. After all, the Spaniard was her superior. “Thank you for the chat this evening. If there is anything else, you have my number.”

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.