Ended
Watch

About that Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan slowly raised smile to Vivian. He said nothing in response to her gratitude. It was enough for him to hear her thanks.

"Velma..."
    he held back a series of profane remarks regarding the former Harpy. "I hope her conversation did not color your opinion."

"I've heard similar about the Movement." A simple shrug was all he gave. "I try to understand what it is they're about and yet, it doesn't make sense to me."

"As for the Spears and the Acolytes, I have only the one experience with Josephine's Black Mass." He chuckled briefly, "Her passion and conviction reminded me of the priest at Mass when I was a kid. To her credit, she is definitely a true believer."

A supportive tone followed, "Help me understand what it is you're looking to do in the long term. Even if its just the seed of an idea of what you want. Perhaps I can help you accomplish those goals."

V
    Vivian York

“It might have, slightly.” The Daeva admitted, “But so did Marco and Konrad regarding the Carthians. They sure painted it an awful color even though they probably meant well.”

Vivian easily agreed with his assessment about Josephine. “Yes, she is dedicated, no doubt about that. I appreciate her convictions to her beliefs. Hard to do in this day and age.”

For a moment, she pondered Juan’s question. She sometimes felt like an aimless wanderer, but she wasn’t complaining. The Succubus found her own fun. “That’s the thing. I use to have goals. Sure I still have the drive and ambition, but those goals were quite different many years ago. Now? Some of it is personal reasons. I guess I’d like to invest more in this Domain since our Prince isn’t a limey wanker like my last.”

“I guess my thoughts on joining the Invictus are these; how would I fit in, am I truly expect to do all of these titles, and what exactly would be expected of me?” All of these were burning questions about the Invictus, since it seemed possibly her only option, if she were to join anything.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan listened attentively to Vivian's experiences. He chose not to comment on the previous issues.

The Toreador suppressed a grin at Vivian's description of the Prince in her last Domain. He nodded at hearing her interest in Sacramento. "A wise choice. Those who contribute to the well being of the Domain are rewarded."

Then finally, a full smile appeared at her questions. "How you would fit in is a vetting process." He confirmed her initial curiosities. "Instruction in etiquette and use of titles would be part of it. I think you are quite capable of earning those titles."

V
    Vivian York

This reminds me of a title by Eric Bogosian.

Vivian feigned rolling her eyes and shook her head while smiling slightly. “I’m quite capable of learning. That isn’t what I asked.” She said frankly. “So, what you are saying is that I would be expected to use these… titles?” Unsure of why that felt demeaning, but it certainly did.

“I want to know what would be expected of me regarding the Covenant itself, aside from all the pomp and circumstance. I’m British, I’m quite capable of etiquette I just prefer to be casual.” Chuckling softly, the Daeva thought it was sort of obvious.

Vivian’s hand moved to the side of her face, her elbow resting on the arm of the sofa, her fingers along her jaw line as she casually addressed it. “The process. My thoughts on someone fitting into a covenant are this; either the subject clearly has qualities that ring loudly as someone who would be fitting for their covenant, or, the candidate has felt strong reasons to join based on the little information they’ve been given.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

Finding himself unclear, he attempted to clarify. "You would be expected to use covenant specific titles only among like company." Juan paused in thought, "Among mixed company, Domain title is appropriate if one has it. If not, the default to Mister of Miss and last name is fine. Ultimately, the Kindred you speak with is the final arbiter on how they wish you to address them."

"The process of which I speak is learning the formalities, symbols, and meanings."

A smile appearing toward Vivian, "Your qualities ring loudly to me. You approached me and informed me that you were investigating a specific matter. When I asked for an update, you had it. You followed through with it and reported on your part in its conclusion. You have ambitions, you see the big picture. You know what to say to whom. When unsure, you seek to understand it."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian stared at Juan.

She blinked once or twice.

Her eyes had turned cold. Again, what she said went in one ear and out another. She wasn’t about to remark on his demeaning explanation of the titles was bollocks. If he didn’t want to hear what she said, then the feeling was mutual.

The Daeva’s brow then cocked as he smiled and explained her ‘qualities’. “But, aren’t those the same things you need in a right hand to the Priscus and to assist keeping Family in check?” Her position hadn’t changed, neither had her demeanor other than her eyes. The pleasant smile remained.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The eyes were the windows to the soul. Subtle cues, once again, he failed to recognize his rambling. "You are correct," he sighed in defeat. "With all that is distracting me...yes, I think you are the ideal candidate. I need someone who can tell me when I'm fucking up."

His hand twirled in the air, "I get mental tunnel vision as it can best be described." Weariness streaked along his face, "As I said, you are Whip of Clan Daeva. It is only a matter of announcement, at this point."

V
    Vivian York

It was perhaps the first time she’d heard the Spaniard swear. She nearly chuckled, however, it verified his own point. “I’m outspoken, what can I say.” Vivian shrugged with a grin.

“It happens, but sometimes one needs to be kept in check. Even myself from time to time. But, I am glad you have the gall to admit it.” Her nod reassured what he said wasn’t falling on deaf ears. “And thank you. I hope to serve our Family well.”

With a whimsical voice, Vivian waved a finger toward Juan. “Now then, you, sir, should spend an evening painting. It is something you enjoy, and I believe it will help you. Call it ‘color therapy’. Apparently adult coloring books are all the rage as of late, therapeutic. No doubt some painting should be for you as well.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Thank you for your patience, Vivian," he replied, very much relieved.

Glancing to his canvas at her suggestion, then faced her once more, "Adult coloring books?" he asked very amused by the reference. "I have to see one of those one night." Cordoba chuckled at the thought of what an adult coloring book could look like.

A sincere smile crested upon his lips, "This "color therapy" as you say, I have to agree. I've been away from my craft for too long. I'll have to get that rose painted."

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva was pleased as punch that she finally got her message across. She could understand the stresses of a Priscus, but they were not as bad as some parts of the world. They were certainly lucky in Sacramento.

Pulling out her phone, Vivian googled the Mandalas she’d seen all over the media. Turning her phone to Juan she said. “These.” Her gloved finger scrolled through the phone. “These are apparently ‘all the rage’ with Kine. Apparently in some cases they do good.”

“But good on you to try and paint again. As for the rose, just paint whatever you want or whatever will help you… release.”

“Unless you have other... methods.” She smirked.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.