Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1507) Unholy Trinity

s
    sumthingpositiv

@%1;

Asa's words make Katya think for a moment as she stares at Hildegarde. The sad clown, the absorber of pain and abuse for the sake of others' amusement. Another achetype fit this role that steps into her mind.

"Jungian psychologists believe the Boogey man to be a parallel to the Bogey Man, a representative of a tribe who is nominated to take in all the sins of the village. Do you suppose she's chosen that costume as a commentary on the thought of humanity having hope being monstrous?" she strokes her chin as she lets her thoughts wander with the idea and the thought of "boxes" "Supposedly the idea behind the Mime and the physicialization of being trapped in a box is the idea that after a while, the box gets smaller, forcing the actor to push harder against the closing barrier until finally they are able to break free...I suppose the idea of breaking free only to find a new box to be trapped in does seem rather cruel."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa couldn't offer an educated guess on what commentary Hildegarde might have been offering.

I'd probably suppose it's because she's bat-shit crazy.

"I certainly wouldn't put it past Ms. Bingen to be familiar with Jung," Asa answered.

Or Freud, where monomacy is concerned.

"As for mimes? I think limits are part of the human condition."
    Were his face bare, she might have seen the smile in his eyes. Limits. Constraints. Bindings. "A conversation that might be worth having with her," he continued, gesturing toward Hildegarde.

"She is a Dragon, after all."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

"This is true." Katya remarks as she follows his grace's hand towards the Dragon herself. Katya knew little about Hildegarde but had seen her many times in Court. "Admittedly, there is much to the Dragons I do respect, the scientific methods and their focus on testing the limits that plague our existence." she turns back to Asa to give him her attention. "Do you see any of psychology's theories applying to our existence, including our monstrous nature?" she had her own thoughts on that matter but since she had brought it up first, it only seemed fair to see what his grace felt, having been around long enough to see Psychology emerge, be scoffed at, and then make its way into regular practice.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

At Asa's approach, Twist didn't so much move to accommodate his presence as she opened up her personal space to allow him inside. It was a soft shifting of weight that was as easy as breathing and spoke volumes of the ease and familiarity she had with him.

At Katya's approach she dipped slightly in respect to the woman and the position she held, and smiled slightly at her comment. A dip of the head to acknowledge the compliment but no enlightening words on what she was garbed as. It wasn't truly a surprise, after all... there were very few around still who knew the monster she represented. Which is why it was a monster after all.

A murmur of ascertain that she had indeed meet the lovely Seneschal and couldn't agree more regarding his observations on her costume. And how of course, the same could be said for him.

As conversation shifts to the costumes of the others around them she lets her eyes wander. To be truthful- she understood very few of them. Thus meaning they were some sort of currently trending movie or TV series. Both things she rarely indulged in. At the sound of Asa and Katya's voice resumed in tones of true conversation she drew her attention back to them.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Seneschal Harding," Asa laughed softly.

"I know just enough about Psychology to dip a toe into conversational waters. Without any expertise, I could only venture the opinion that the theories might apply at the time of the Embrace and become less and less applicable as time went on."
    Like their preternatural senses, Kindred would perceive and endure much beyond the mortal spectrum.

And below the surface? The Beast. Not a psychosis to be managed or overcome, -- a constant, tangible force of hunger, hate, and fear.

Always the Blood.

"Speaking of time marching onward, I may make my exit soon. Thank you for a wonderful theme and conversation."
    Asa's hand drifted outward to touch the Archon's arm in a silent question.

"Oh, and one other thing, Seneschal."
    The words came out with deceptive ease and a hint of curiosity -- an afterthought.

"As always, those that missed my Court will need to petition once again for Acknowledgment."

Some declarations of war are a booming shot over the bow. Others are far more subtle.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

7. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

To hear laughter from Asa is very strange to Katya, not because she doesn't think he should or shouldn't be allowed to, but she never thought she'd ever see the man laugh in amusement.

"I understand your Grace." she says in response "Well, let me at least offer my support in your guess that psychological theories apply less to Kindred once they are embraced."

at least from a clinical standpoint

When he returns to business she nods and says "I am honored that it pleased you and that you went to such great lengths to participate." gesturing to his ensemble. When he declares his last order of business regarding those who have not appeared, Katya bows to him."Of course your grace, I will be sure that the appropriate individuals and Prisci are aware." before she can say anything else Katya's attention is caught by Selena and Priscus Sterling. Since his Grace was already on his way out Katya turns to Asa and Twist to say "It appears my presence is requested elsewhere. As always, it was a pleasure speaking to you your Majesty and Archon Twist. I wish you both a pleasant evening." she gives them one final bow before turning to speak to Vivian and Josephine

Unless Asa or Twist have anything to ask of Katya, she joins the main thread

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist listened politely to the discussion, but didn't comment. Despite feeling utterly confident in her ability to read a understand a person (whether that be in the bedroom or the ring so to speak) she knew well enough that what Asa and Katya were discussing went deeper than that sort of reading. Past body language and surface desires to goal, motivations and core beliefs.

At the touch of the Prince's hand, she turned slightly to him, a silent answer to his question. A move that conveniently hid her gaze and the thoughts that crossed her mind at his last comment from those around them. By the time she returned her posture to be able to be seen, her face looked no different and she smiled dazzling at Katya. "Thank you for the opportunity to dress up for the evening- I always find it most enjoyable. A pleasant evening to you as well Seneschal." Offering a lowered head of farewell to the woman, Twist watched her move to the others- her gaze lingering slightly at the images presented, before she turned to Asa with a chuckle, clearly not abashed at her peeping.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Once again, Asa was glad he hadn't Blushed.

Not for anything said, done, or thought in the company of the two stunning women, but feel of air made warm and stale by it's confines and motions. Had he warmed his body, it would be drenched in sweat.

A final nod was given to the general direction of Court and he offered the True Monster beside him his arm...

Asa & Twist Exit Court

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.